Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf 40kWh versus 62kWh e+ model

• 08-07-2024 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I am looking to buy my first EV car and really like the Nissan Leaf, budget, size and looks wise. After looking into this I’m only after realising that there is a 40 kWh and a 62 kWh e+ model.

So most of my journeys would be fine for the 145 mile range of the 40 kWh model but once a month I do a 61 mile trip (122 mile round trip) that I would like to be able to do on a single charge and I think the claimed 145 mile range for the 40 kWh would be cutting it too close, especially in the Winter.

The claimed range of 215 miles of the 62 kWh model would be ideal, the problem I have found is this 62 kWh e+ model is quite rare. I am not looking to buy brand new but for something around 2-3 years old and the majority of Leaf’s I see for sale are the 40kWh model.

Just wondering do people know why this is and why there even is choice between 40 kWh and 62 kWh, to me the 62 kWh model should have replaced the 40 kWh model, why even would be people opt for a 40kWh model if there is a choice?

Just wondering as well, I’m thinking about spreading the cost of buying an EV and getting the charger installed first and waiting a few months later to buy the car. From my understanding though it seems you have to purchase the car to benefit from the SEAI EV Grant or is it possible to pay the full price for the install of the charger and then claim for the SEAI grant at a later date when the car is bought?

Comments

Advertisement