Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Authority Graduate Programme 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bella1307

I would make contact with the council and explain as the candidates ahead of you may have rejected or may reject their offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 321Marie123

I'd be grateful if anyone knew the answer to this, even though I don't know the results of my interview yet. If you get a job offer, how does the health check work?🤔 Do you just sign a statement, or do you need to go somewhere for an examination? I'm asking because I planned a few days of holidays and worried I might miss something while I'm away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Javas

hey,

So I’m away on holidays now for about a month and I got a phone call 2 days ago offering me a position . I told her I was going to be gone for a few weeks and she said that’s no problem and I can do my medial when I’m home .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lavidaes

congratulations, Javas! which region / county if you don’t mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Javas

thank you so much ! Mayo :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations Javas!! Did they give you any indication of a possible start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eimearr

So annoyed I got a place in a council that is too far away to travel to every day :( will they take me off the panel if I don't accept the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 realwreath10

hi everyone, I applied for the data analytics stream and was placed on the OOM by South Dublin CoCo. However, I checked the results page today and noticed that the entire stream had disappeared from the page? I am wondering if anyone knows what the story is with this, or if South Dublin CoCo has been in touch w/them

This is what my letter said "Please note that should you refuse your assignment, you will be passed over on the panel and that the vacancy will be offered to the next person on the panel. You will remain on the panel for the 12 months but will only be made subsequent offers of employment if a vacancy from a resignation arises or a vacancy remains unfilled from the first round of assignments."

• Registered Users Posts: 1 patchfingers

hi,

has anyone received job offers from wicklow cc? I was ranked #2 by wicklow cc for innovation strategy & change management but still have not received any job offer. I received the letter around 25th of May but nothing after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 OMC98

Hi there,
    I called Wicklow CC on Friday and they said they would be sending out the letters to those waiting on them that day (the 28th of June). You should get it in sometime this week- depending on how speedy An Post is 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lavidaes

Hi all! Hope everyone's getting on okay and getting offers they like! I've gotten my offer letter, provided that my references & checks are good. This is a silly question but I cannot for the life of me remember which of my previous employers/university tutors I put as references - I've looked at the PDF copy of my LGMA application and see no section mentioning references. Were we actually asked for references at the application stage or are we going to be asked for them soon? And if previously asked, were they employer or academic ones? Lol, thanks 😁

Has anyone heard from any of the councils they have been assigned to? With start dates, contracts, etc???

No, we didn’t give any references at application stage 😊

Also, the Executive Officer Competition for 2024 is now open. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 610y

Hi, have you received the post? it is Friday but I still didn't receive anything from Wicklow CC. Did anyone get the post and know that have been assigned to which county?

I got my assignment letter from Wicklow cc about 2 weeks ago!

may i ask also the data analytics and metric skill area?I wrote the email to Wicklow CC but didn't get the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mj1234

i am number 10 on my stream for dublin. Is it unlikely that I will be offered a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ib005

I am also placed in 10th for Project Management in Dublin. Just received an email today saying I’ve been assigned to Fingal Council and I would be contacted directly by them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ib005

Does anyone know if the council would offer general work permit sponsorship?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sumo123

Hey, I emailed the HR regarding this. Even he is clueless why it was removed, so he sent me out the result of my stream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ka10

you can refer the lgma document for sponsorship related queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kuiper81

No, none of the councils sponsor work permits. You will have to apply for one yourselves. You need 38,000 eur annual salary to get a CSEP but your salary is is somewhat around 35,000. GEP would mean labour means test for most of the jobs which the councils would not support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OMC98

Hi all,
    For those in the Dublin Region- if we received that mail saying we have been assigned to a specific council and that they would be in touch regarding an offer of employment, can we take it that this means we have made it through? Or does that specific council still need to decide whether they will take us or not?

I called Wicklow county council, they said they gonna check out and send me email later but still no reply…should I keep waiting the regional panel in data analytics and data metric(assigned county) or that means I have already failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mbee2

Hey everyone, just wondering how long it took people who were assigned to a council (particularly Dublin) to get a call back? I presume it's going to take a bit of time but I'm just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chrisboss44

Got my assignment letter from Wicklow CC about 2 days ago where I ranked #15. I assume this is for the 2nd round of shortlisting for those who didn't accept the assignment letter. Just wondering if there are people still waiting for their assignment letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Goddess24

I was ranked xx for the Dublin region in the Community Development skills area, and I was informed that I will not be assigned to a council. I’m hopeful that I still have a chance to receive an offer. If anyone who was not assigned to a council but received an offer for the Dublin region could share their experience, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ka10

Is there anyone who has been assigned LGMA as their council?? please connect with me on message here.Thanks.

Advertisement