Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options
1694695696697698700»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,197 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Even if Biden died tomorrow and the Democrats put him in the running, I'd STILL vote for him over that fat, orange, piece of bloated shit and the venal group of bastards that surround him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sweet jesus. Biden has done it once. Trump did it very regularly.

Biden doesn't give enough interviews and now it's Biden's giving too many interviews?

And also, I see the press have moved on from he sounds fragile to "he sounds angry and hostile".

Can't do anything right to some.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭hometruths

I certainly don't believe for a second that Biden is giving too many interviews! Or press conferences.

I agree with your point that now he is at stage where he will struggle to do anything right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

The problem is that 74% of Americans now think Biden lacks the physical and mental capacity to be President.

This genie can't be put back in the box. If Biden remains the nominee, the election will be all about him (24/7 clips of him staring vacantly into space and muttering incomprehensible gibberish at the 'debate'). It'll be a cakewalk for the GOP.

The biggest challenge for Trump will be, for the egomaniac that he is, staying quiet and letting Biden torch his own campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The point has to be made that Biden is asking to be elected for 4 years. He might have some credit when he says he's just been tired recently, but it's an obvious fact that he's not going to be getting better as the years progress. Voters shouldn't be asked to vote for someone with legitimate questions over them as to whether they can fulfill their office terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You're irish (I'm guessing, based on the site we're on). If you got every irish voter to vote in the US presidential election Biden would win by a huge margin. The problem is Americans are voting, and they're just different. My brother in law is American, his mother will vote Trump purely on the basis that he's a Republican. She's always voted Republican, she always will. No amount of talking to her will change her mind. It's scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Biden in to about 8/13 with most of the bookies to be the Dem candidate. Looks like people are starting to take him at his word…

• Registered Users Posts: 82,453 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dark Brandon got on the phone with Joe Scarborough and called out those in the Democratic side that are allegedly too chickenshit to announce a run against him but instead only seem interested in calling on him to resign after he got to winning the primaries.

“[A]ny of these guys who don’t think I should run: run against me. Announce for President. Challenge me at the convention.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkBRANDON/s/GRtEeyqb0u

I’m not worried about him serving out his entire 2nd term, I’m worried that Trump would never end his.

January 6th proved he is not into the transition of power. And Project 2025 shows he will be far more prepared than before to never cede power, backed by new powers interpreted for him by the SCOTUS and a Congress that would never muster the votes to remove him.

The USA can and repeatedly has survived a POTUS dying or being incapacitated in office. It has never had to survive a tyrant that will not let go of power, backed by a broken husk of a party that wants him to have it. We can’t count on the same type of people to be in place on January 6, 2029 that were in place to defy Trumps coup attempt in 2021. Not with Project 2025, not with “dictator on day one.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Lots and lots of Americans vote on the basis of a single issue be it abortion, gun control, borders, law and order whatever.

The person being voted on matters less than the key issues as they see them.

"The rest is politics" podcast were pushing the line that donor money is leaving Biden and flowing to Senate/house candidates in order to shore up the houses in the event of trump winning.

They were divided in whether Harris would be the presidential candidate or whether there would be a competition.

Interesting times ahead.

You'd have to wonder how much control Biden actually has at this stage, put in this way would you bet your pension on a company like Amazon/Apple if they had a CEO 81 years old asking to be left in charge until he is 86 🫤

• Advertisement

works just fine for Warren Buffet, age 87, and one of the wealthiest human beings, and CEOs, on the planet (the 10th richest to be precise). And Berkshire Hathaway is the 5th most valuable company in the world. That might dampen the point you were trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

People denying Bidens clear decline and senility are as bad as the people denying the reality of Trump. So unhinged they refuse to see what's so obviously in front of their eyes. It's honestly very embarrassing. Saw someone on this thread actually argue it's perfectly fine for Biden to not work past 8pm because they don't do it. Well ye but you aren't the president of a country. If the man can't be able to function at any hour day or night he's not able to do the job of US president.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Theres a clip of Joe Scarbough talking about "how this is the best version of Joe Biden" after the debate. That's an incredible level of delusion, I'm sure if he's changed his tune since then

• Registered Users Posts: 36,311 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So what. Yes there are true blue believers but to win the Presidency you need to convince enough swing voters in key states to win.

The ‘Biden is good, Biden is great, we surrender our will as of this date’ stuff is irrelevant. Yes, he is your God King. But he’s also an 82 year old man too infirm to be elected for another four years.

Let’s put someone competent in and win.

Ignoring your bs about ‘incompetent god king Biden’ (thank SCOTUS): someone like who?

Who is going to parachute in? People need to put a name to this “someone” they expect to run instead.

Advertisement