Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ionity charging network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭innrain

I got into the habit of driving passed the Ionity Finglas site every Friday morning.

Last week they were working on the left side (the side with the chargers) pouring a layer of concrete.

This week they were at the stone paving on the left side and were starting working on the opposite side of the road. A stop and go was in place. I saved the clip when driving by, next time I'm in the car and I remember I'll take some pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

I've been trying to subscribe to passport for the past couple of days and keep getting an error, support said they are having some problems, try again later. Anyone signed up recently?

I've never used ionity before so I'm concerned now that a pay as you go transaction won't go through either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭innrain

Another Friday update on Ionity Finglas. On chargers side the paving appears nearly completed

Most of the works are now on the substation side. Traffic still on stop and go.

Sorry for the picture quality. I'm to lazy to take the stick from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Anyone sign up for either of the 2 new Ionity Tariffs?

I tried, but getting errors on both Android and iOS - seems like payment auth failure, tried 2 cards and 2 devices.

Called the helpline and they said "try later"…

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dsandson

Think I've seen people complain about that before. Solution seems to be to check your address according to the official eircode address. There might be something there that you wouldn't commonly use for post.

• Advertisement

I live rural so no house number although their form insists on one..

I'd tried 00, might try something else.

Thanks

Tried every single address and eircode combination but cannot finalise contract.

Anyone had success?

Update, used a random address (that has a house number) and it worked - bizarre anti culchy validation it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

probably some extremely picky integration on their side. I wonder why….. (many folks I know have experienced more than a few free sessions thanks to their bad system that preceded the current one! I'd say that Ionity got burned on that one as it was fairly common knowledge how to do it)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

Morning all.

I'll be travelling to Dublin airport from Cork on Monday morning. ABRP is suggestion to stop at Kill North for a top-up en route. We should be arriving there between 07:00 - 07:30. Would it normally be busy at that hour of a Monday morning? Or would it be a safer bet to head to Mayfield and use the ESB chargers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

whats teh car and will you be leaving at 100%

Plenty of options along teh M7/8, and then up in Dublin around the M50…

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Others can comment on how busy Ionity would be at that time of the morning, but my "go to" whenever I'm around Dublin airport is Appelgreen Santry, which is less than 5 mins away from the Airport after drop off. There are 4 180kW CCS connections at that location.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/540596

ID.3 58kWh and will be leaving with 100%. Probably 350kg in weight between 4no. passengers and baggage. Would like to tip away at 120km/h indicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Personally speaking I'd wait to Mayfield.

Dublin airport to Kill isn't a particularly long trip. You won't use a huge amount of battery in that short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭denismc

There's the Midway complex near Portlaise, Applegreen 2 x180 kW, it's relatively new and rarely busy.

When I am travelling that route I keep an eye on charger availability via the in car satnav or the apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Different approach: Leave Cork with 70% battery, charge around Ballincolla when you hit 10%. Charge to 82% (limit on id3 where rate reduces excessively after that point). Early charging means avoiding any rush in or around Dublin. You should arrive with ~45% meaning you can get well out of Dodge before charging on the way home. Sorted!

That’s a very different approach! Dunno if I’d be brave enough for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'd say Kill is the safer bet, Mayfield is pretty popular

If you're leaving the car for a few days remember to turn off the departure times to stop the battery draining

Applegreen Santry is good for a top up on the way back if needed

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

That might be faster, but it's also more expensive since you're trading a bunch of 12c kilowatt hours for 70c ones

I wouldn't stress about speed, just leave plenty of time for things going awry and have a backup en route just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

This clearly wasn't a question of cost - it's a question of getting to the airport on time and with the least risk around the charger availability. 😀

• Advertisement

What are the different prices you mention?

Home charging is around 12c/kWh on night rate, Ionity is 70c/kWh I think?

Ah ok.
    Thanks for that. But like 10-10-20 said, it’s not really about cost. It’s really about avoiding having a bored wife and kids waiting for a chargepoint to free up. Them sitting there while it’s charging is bad enough! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I might be too late to this but if using Ionity remember the 4 magic numbers for charging, 20, 29, 30 and 43

20 - Number of kWh that makes the first month of the lower plan pay for itself. 20kWh on the free plan is €14 while on the lower plan for the first month it's [€10 + €3.99=€13.99]

29 - Number of kWh that makes the first month of the higher plan pay for itself. 28kWh on the free plan is €20.30 while on the lower plan for the first month it's [€12.18 + €7.99=€20.17]

30 - Number of kWh that makes the second and subsequent month of the lower plan pay for itself. 30kWh on the free plan is €21 while on the lower plan it's [€15 + €5.99=€20.99]

43 - Number of kWh that makes the second and subsequent month of the higher plan pay for itself. 43kWh on the free plan is €30.1 while on the higher plan it's [€18.06 + €11.99=€30.05]

• Registered Users Posts: 22 outlyer

I passed Kill North and South yesterday and see both sites are being upgraded to six charge points. Here is to a quick commissioning as they seam to be busy locations.

They're all being upgraded over the next year or so

Hope they come up with some new sites soon, they were planning closer to major cities. So far we've only seen the Dublin hub started

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They have Belfast done as well, Waterford was in the planning stages early in 2023 so presume that's nearly live now. Only 4 more major cities to go then for the full sweep

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭vinniem

Don't know what's going on at the applegreen Whitfield in Waterford but that Ionity hub has not even started construction afaik

Aren't they re developing the shop as well? They're probably waiting for that work to start

I wonder if they're also having some trouble with the owner 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭vinniem

Yes they are developing shop but that's been going on for ages now, I'd be very surprised if an ionity hub is ever built at that location

Advertisement