Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

😶

I’d say you blew out a fair load of arse muck after those feeds.

Left the pot like ploughed field?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Left the pot like a Finn Harp’s goal mouth.

Just dropped off a load in Croke Park. Tradition for me at this stage.

Great win by Cork, I’d say their manager left a fair auld slab of arse mince there after all the tension.

Wouldn’t blame the lad.

• Advertisement

The father-in-law is a Cork man and a pint man. Might have to tell herself to remind him to use the “downstairs” tomorrow morning. Maybe bring a box of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

so i heard from a mate who knows one of the enterprising chaps involved in the daring caper. Device had been installed in the convenience but aul Tay-Tay pulled a last minute switcher op with the rooms. They managed to retrieve the device ahead of unwanted logs being inadvertently trapped !

Was heading back from the golf course just there and got caught short heading up the Howth Road. Had to make a slight detour down Assam’s Road and into The Cedar Lounge. Good facilities. Armie Shanks with a pot that could take the largest pintman load.

Unfortunately they had the dreaded Tork OneSheet system in place. Pulling out single sheets is just unpleasant. Was tempted to leave the whole thing to stew, but I’m not a monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Those Tork dispensers, are they the ones in which the paper is fed through a tiny little opening that represents a puckered butthole?
    Anyway I’m done with eating multigrain cereal for breakfast. In recent weeks it’s playing merry havoc with my guts. Mainly frequent, spicy smelling flatulence usually followed by having to expel gassy loose wet stools. I reckon it’s a grain intolerance I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Stopped at the Portlaoise Plaza recently.

Went in to do what comes naturally. 6 stalls. 2 occupied and the other 4 had no bog roll. Nothing. Zero. Nil. Nada.

Grand I'll give the disabled one a go. Guess what? Same story. Disgraceful turn of events. Managed to run out the jammer and get a packet of tissues I keep in case of emergency (see above).

As I was exiting I saw a yank waddling towards the facilities. I pray for his sake he wasn't there for a seat and was only draining the snake.

• Advertisement

The sweet and spicy ones are the worst. Even worse than the boiled cabbage ones you get after consuming too much stout. They can really clear a room or end a marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

"De Sea-durrrs" is only a 15 minute stumble from my front door. The facilities have what I like to call "good bones", the thrones are daycent and there's generally plenty of soap and hot water. I have noticed a GAA clubhouse kinda honk in there the last few times, not sure if that's due to outlanders peeing on the mats, or something systemic. It is an old boozer after all, and we should make some allowances for that. Could also be the ghost of Georgie Burgess.

I would deduct 2 marks (out of 10) for the Cats Bumhole dispenser system; they reek of economy and are never sufficient.

A solid 5/10 for me, rising to a possible 6 if they can do away with the bang of GAA clubhouse.

Second encounter in 3 days. I’m going to ring Joe Duffy about this.

Still raging. They are charging over 6 quid for a pint of stout and then have the temerity to install a torture device that dispenses a single sheet of something you could use to sand a pine door with.

Maybe that Lenin dude was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Had a plumber in yesterday for a few jobs.

Got an extra done. The cistern was on the slow side refilling. Had been like this a year or so now but wasn't going to call him out jus for this.

Many mornings after a scatter of large bottles I'd need the double flush to dispense with the ciders revenge. Often had to wait about 5 minutes to get the second flush in, but thankfully all sorted now.

Name and shame Bobson, name and shame. The punters need to know, so we can vote with our … well, we can vote

I’d normally be happy to share the location to the good men and women who contribute to this civilised and informative thread, but it’s one of my locals, and I’m not exactly flavour of the month with some of the slightly more unusual and obsessed contributors to the radio forum. Don’t want some bug-eyed weirdo in an anorak turning up at my door. It’s a leafy Northside suburb (they do exist) near the coast.

Lovely pub, great staff, have beamish and hope pale ale on tap. All good, apart from the cat’s hole toilet dispenser. And the insistence on always having the racing channel on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,805 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Keep a bucket handy and use the bath tap - should have 3/4" pipes and maybe even pumped assistance so will fill up in no time. Life is just too short for multiple cistern-fills (except on company time naturally)

Speaking of company time, in our offices they've reduced the flush volume yet again - so you're pretty much guaranteed to need two flushes if not more, using more water than one decent one.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Ah, we may be neighbours, though I don't know which pub you speak of … I can't think of one that has racing channels

Probably one of those kips with a pervaiding stench of stale farts and piss stained carpets.

Auld fcuckers emitting serious brown air, flapping the slack crotches of the baggy strides,last cleaned in 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I have an etiquette problem...whatever way my house was designed... usually when they design two houses that are semi detached...the stairs are both together between the walls, the toilets are both together but in my case my toilet is directly next to the neighbours bedroom and the downstairs toilet is directly next to their kitchen I think or could be between their hall and kitchen...Ive no idea if they hear every time the toilet is flushed. Lol 😆🤣😆

Thought that would be right up your alley, Brendan? Spending all day hoovering back pints with other taxi drivers; in and out from the bookies next door, giving out about foreigners and “bleeding’ culchies”; 3 bags of Manhattan Cheese and Onion, talking about the next Golf Society day out in Elm Green, cocking the leg and loudly farting as people are passing, giving up trying to do the crossword after 5 minutes, then into Macari’s on the way home for a smoked haddock and chips.

^^ Now I know EXACTLY what pub that is.

Fondly known as 'de bin', and home to a wretched clientele including one miserable, foul smellin', swivel eyed loony who was seen blowing his nose on the curtains on more than one occasion, and who is rumoured to have extinguished his cigarette on the back of a sleeping poodle in the coffin sized 'beer garden'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The toilets there couldn’t be as bad as my old local in Limerick. Those toilets were a yellow pish stained biohazard until the miserable owner finally bit the bullet and had a new bathroom installed. The worst part of it was a hideous gray coloured mop that was kept in the bathroom. It would be brought out by either Tom or Mark the barmen every evening at closing time to be used to mop the pub floor. God only knows what bacterial horrors were contained on that mop. My uncle used to call it “The septic mop”

• Registered Users Posts: 34,805 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Imagine being woken up in the middle of the night by farts echoing around the tiled walls of your neighbour's bathroom 😂

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Serious incident down at the club over the weekend .

Poor Sylvesteryne went out in the course early the clean the two well appointed shïtters before the Captains Prize got going.

Came out to report the finding of a large bolus of well marbled midden sitting in the sink in one of them

Contacted two lads playing the 8th to investigate and sure enough confirmed the find.

One lad sorted the problem with a sand wedge and a pitching wedge in either hand lifted the load out into the pan.

Two flushes it took to shift the fcukker…….investigations ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭You the man

Animals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Whomever hit the, tricky, wedge shot should be awarded honorary pro “status”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

know nothing about the golf but hopefully that wasnt the captains prize?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Advertisement

Definitely not Baba……investigations are ongoing……..

Advertisement