Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

He wanted out and he got out the first chance he got - the clause was in his contract for what he wanted.

It's good business for everyone by the sound it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Believe what you want lads, best article on the whole thing written yesterday by Daniel Chapman in his new post TSB life, hits the nail on the head for me.

Quote…………

" We don't know whether that clause was inserted at the behest of a player who, reports say hasn't been pushing to leave, or to suit a club who would need to cash in if they missed out on going up. Usually it's requested by the player and their agents. But it's important to remember that a release clause still gives a player the right to say no - their club has to accept a transfer offer from another team, but the player does not.The reported timelines with Gray have me leaning towards clubs meeting his release clause, Gray saying he'd be happier at Leeds for another season and Leeds saying he can't do that because of their PSR situation. "

Chapman is very well connected at Leeds so can't rule out a bit of inside info here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

Chapman is guessing - just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Reports that Brighton had a £30m offer for Rutter turned down and that they also had a look at Summerville. Hopefully that'll end their interest, and obviously it's not worthwhile selling at that price for PSR purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Lads, bottom freeders trying to flex there muscles. It's incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Brighton and Brentford throwing wads of cash at Leeds, mind the gap indeed

The PL is really nowhere near as great as made out to be from a competitive or quality stand point, but a club like Leeds simply has to be there and stay there or get left behind in a way that can't be recovered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Back At training today and it was all smiles around. Great to see Pascal back.

Offer from Betis for Llorente has been rejected. Adam Pope saying that they offered similar to what they're paying for Roca (€4.5m) but he cost us €20m so understandably the club wants more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

It was Leeds United who actually stated in black and white that Spurs "activated the release clause" with their offer for Gray.

I assume Brentford activated the release clause too a day earlier, but messed it up because they couldn't afford the £41 Million fee up front. They possibly suggested some installment deal but Leeds needed the readies immediately.

In addition to the first game of the season at home to Portsmouth, the following games will be on Sky. All tv games to the end of September have been selected, so there shouldn't be any further changes.

Fixture: West Bromwich Albion vs Leeds United

Date: Saturday 17th August, 2024.

Kick-off: 12:30, live on Sky Sports Football

==========

Fixture: Sheffield Wednesday vs Leeds United

Date: Friday 23rd August, 2024

Kick-off: 8pm, live on Sky Sports Football

=========

Fixture: Leeds United vs Burnley

Date: Saturday 14th September, 2024

Kick-off: 12:30pm, live on Sky Sports+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Jesus still sorting ortas mess. Overpaid for lot of them players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Those players are going for a lot more if we’re in the PL. That’s the crux not the amount paid by us which was market rate for all those players.

Llorente in 2020 was a current Spanish international we bought for €18m on a four year-contract (extended by two years). Under fair play rules I believe that’s €3m a year for six years and to break even we need to sell him for €6m. This is a guy who has gone to Euro 2020 in 3021. He has also featured in a Europa final and Europa semi- final in the last two seasons.

Hes 31 next month but securing €6m for him should be easily achievable.

Part of the crux is them players failed to keep us in the pl. We did not get value for our money.

Entirely irrelevant to fair play. It’s not going to be an issue for us this season or next.

That’s the conversation. We’ve recouped the cash for Roca and we will for Llorente. And that’s without being in the PL. We may even make a profit under Fair Play. If so I hope you’ll send your thanks to Orta.

It's not my conversation. Orta bought players in pl for pl prices, they didn't help us stay in the league , therfore were not value for money. Ortas transfers failed. So no I will not be sending him my thanks. You fire away though, I'm sure he will be happy to hear from you.

I’m looking forward to the season. I think the planning is going well and we may be able to hold onto most of the players we want to whilst recruiting a few more without jeopardising Fair Play rules. Farke will have more time to prepare and August will not be chaotic. Our main opponents are not of the quality of last season. We’ll be very close to promotion this season, and I think we’ll be automatic.

What I am not doing is looking for a hate-figure or punchbag to project blame onto. It’s unproductive and a waste of energy. Not my politics. Not my football. Going up is what it’s all about. Nothing else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Twitter losing its mind about there being a bit of red on the home shirt next season (red bull logo).
    Complete overreaction - am I missing something or is it because Man Utd wear red ?
    its a sponsors logo - not as if we’ve put in red for the craic

I am also optimistic for season . I have full faith in farke and this board and their transfer policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

People are idiots, they get offended by anything these days and hardcore fans are a bit delusional

i agree, pretty optimistic about next season, we’ve done good business fo far in regards to Archie, emotions aside, it’s very good business. We will most likely lose a few more maybe but I think Farke will be able to make solid replacements, he will make his system work and I don’t think he needs star players to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Lets face it, Archie was surplus in midfield and was utilised in Right Back. A younger Ayling would have kept him on the bench.

So it was great business. I hope the lad gets regular football somewhere, because he'll need it, or he will go backwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Home and third mock ups from web

Both terrible. On the first kit I really don't like the Red Bull logo. Not the red specifically, although I don't think red goes particularly well with the rest of the colour scheme, I just think it's an awful logo no matter what it's on. But I really hate the blue bits at the bottom, it would look so much cleaner without them.

As for the third kit, wtf is that? I really hope it's just someone's concept kit and it's not a reality, that's a horror show as bad as this season's pink kit.

Those blue bits will stay as that's the Adidas template - some scary iterations of it on show at the Euros.

The 3rd kit are all mad as far as I can see. The year of the black and orange one clearly they didn't have a kit ready because that looked just like a tee-shirt that they threw in last minute.

Dunno how people can drop the cash on three new kits every season. I bought a polo shirt and peacock top at the giveaway prices a month back. I can live with being a year out of fashion (for the next few years) !!!

Post edited by jacool on

Details confirmed for the League Cup tie at home to Middlesboro. 8pm, Wednesday 14th August, game is on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Shacks gone, confirmed by the club now. Strong rumours that Kamara might be leaving. I know Aaronson is back but with Gray already gone I hope we have a few midfielders lined up to bring in as we're looking a bit light there again.

Best of luck to Shacks, always performed well when needed.

Its official - launch at 09:00 today. Form an orderly queue that @Zaph and myself won't be in! BOXT moves to sleeve

I'll probably be proven wrong but given the backlash at the announcement of the Red Bull deal coupled with the fact it looks like someone spilled something down the front, I can't see this being a big seller.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

its not that bad, TBH. Its not as if we haven't worn red and had it in a sponsor logo before

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree with Zaph. The red doesn't bother me as I'm not ten years old but that logo is horrible and really doesn't work with the rest of the jersey. I haven't bought one in years anyway but I doubt this will be a huge seller.

For me also that’s €70 saved this season. The Red Bull logo just completely overshadows the crest in the way that other sponsors haven’t before.

My eight-year old loves the bulls and wants the shirt but for me it’s a dog’s dinner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Am I right in saying that kids jersey's are not allowed have the Red Bull logo on them?

100% - the above will set you back €63, jersey only!

I’ve no idea. I get the idea of not encouraging kids to promote hi-energy caffeinated drinks, but given all the sportswashing and betting logos on shirts it makes little sense.

• Advertisement

Gambling sponsors are not allowed on kids jerseys either although it makes very little difference as they are exposed to it enough in other ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Alex Cairns isn't a signing I was expecting tbh! Is it a sign that an offer has been made for Meslier?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tom2

Not at all. He's the replacement for Klaesson as 3rd choice keeper. There's also a requirement to have a certain number in the registered squad and matchday squad who are "home-grown" in the sense of having come through the club's academy and he ticks that box - as does Byram

• Advertisement

Joe Rothwell linked. Seemed to do okay with Southampton in the second half of last season albeit more as a sub than a starter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Rothwell, Kamara and Gruev in midfield. Presumably Rodon, Ampadu and Pascal in central defence. Firpo may go onto left wing if Jimmy and Gnonto depart.

Rothwell is not exactly the calibre of player I thought we would be going for but I suppose he's ok as a back up midfielder. I'm hoping Kamara doesn't get sold though as Rothwell shouldn't be a starter in my opinion.

Love the Bielsa rant in the press conference, about time someone did that. The man is a proper legend and a one off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Looks like Kamara is off to Rennes for 10m. Nice profit but assume there's more players coming if he's going, wouldn't have sold him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

I don't think Kamara is a huge loss. Was solid but offered nothing from an attacking sense. Easy enough replace him with a blocker in this division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Gnonto, Kamara, Bamford, Piro, Gelhardt, Summerville.

Not confident any of them will make a difference next season. Would only keep them because we need players.

You're not confident the Championiship player of the season will make a difference next season? Also Gnonto? I agree Piroe isn't first 11 and I would love a striker to replace Paddy. Joffy must surely see that his future is elsewhere so I would be very surprised if he stays but I can't understand how you put Willy and Cree in that list. They're possibly still going to leave this summer but if not that's a great achievement on our part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

yea, I think he is very solid but 10 m, that’s great business

It is as long as we get a replacement that's at least at the same level as him and get them in before the season starts.

The first month of last season is what cost us in my opinion, we need our new players in early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement