Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House of the Dragon - GoT Prequel Series (non book reader)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,552 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

epsecially when it would have big chunks bitten out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,292 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Book spoilers

His corpse washes up at Storms End so it would be pretty clear what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Let's face it, it wouldn't hold up in court......

This made me LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Glebee

Wow, just finished after delaying for a long time. That was brilliant, really enjoyed. Brilliant cast and production. I did not realise there was a Season 2 coming and was thinking towards the end how are they going to wrap this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lily Aldridge

A friend of mine suggested House of the Dragons, and now it's one of my favorites. I love Daemon so much. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

House of the Dragon renewed for season 3 at HBO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

House of the Dragon has been renewed for Season 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

House of the Dragon has been renewed for Season 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

that was mentioned in the comment, immediately before your comment.

What was in the comment, before the comment, before my comment?

….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Renewed for a third series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

terrible security in the castle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’d say the kings mother tells them to leave so she can bang her toy boy in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭Homelander

Decent first episode, moved along at a good clip without being rushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Think it was more to do with the guy with the cane saying he replaced her staff, so she felt uncomfortable with them around because they're likely loyal to him.

• Advertisement

more than likely yea, I was just being a bit tongue in cheek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Solid return episode I thought. No security at all though seems very strange regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

It must be said, Olivia Cooke looks stunning as Alicent

This is turning out to be rather good indeed. Not as slow as early Game of Thrones, but not rushed like the later seasons of that show either, just strikes the balance really well with plenty happening every episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Remind me who the girl prisoner is and her involvement?

Edit: Found it https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Mysaria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

A war about to breakout and people can just waltz into both castles not a bother(granted they thought it was his brother to be fair)

Otherwise very good 2 opening episodes.

Otto calling Cole's plan a prank, LOL

but Otto started this war, why talking about peace…

Rhaneary didn't seem to have that much guilt after asking for yermans head, its her fault as much as Daemon's

At the very least I can understand what she's saying this season. Her affected accent and pronunciation last year was awful. Thankfully she's toned it down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

A very strong start to the season. Really enjoy how the writers write powerful conversations like the one between Aegon and otto this episode. Criston Cole is a great character to hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭nachouser

I can't help but think they should just swap. They're the two most powerful families on the continent. Just do a time share on the throne. When heir A dies, then it goes to heir A from the other family. And so on. Die old and fat and rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess the problem with dragons is characters can zip around the world. Episode 3 was slightly less intereting then the previous two. I'd say like GoT the show will struggle in avoiding showing any battles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Great scene with Daemon and the dragon land at Harenhal.

Aemond looks cool with no patch.

She asked for the head of the adult who killed her son not a baby's head.

I was thinking that. Same as we did here with the O'Neills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Doubt it was his eye that most of the viewers were looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭thefa

Another very good episode. Sorry to see the back of Rhaenys and her dragon Meleys. Her chickens came to roost but was a really strong character for the Blacks and the actress was good.

There was good payoff too in the Aegon & Aemond tension that’s been brewing.

I have watched the trailer for the next episode and (I can’t seem to add spoiler tags) it seems stupid that Aegon survived what looked like fire from Vhagar and a huge fall, even if his dragon Sunfyre possibly would have taken the brunt of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

it seems stupid that Aegon survived what looked like fire from Vhagar and a huge fall

Yeah why can't they do a realistic depiction of a high-speed dragon crash?😝😆

That was seriously one hell of an episode. Absolutely dying for the next one in a way I haven't been since the mid seasons of Game of Thrones. Huge ramifications on both sides to be dealt with.

And will Daemon ever leave the haunted castle…..that plot seems comically stretched to keep Daemon out of what's unfolding elsewhere.

Also found it strange that Alicent specifically mentioned that Viserys only died a few weeks prior. I absolutely did not get the sense that it was a matter of simple weeks, given all that's happened…… felt more like a year or so at a minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is there a series one recap?

Started ep 1 season 2 and about ten min in both of us were like wtf happened in season 1. Torn between watching the whole thing again or watching a recap atm

I always think Viserys died ages back in the first series but what was left of him somehow managed to keep going til the end.

It's all been moving very fast since then and it would be interesting to know what "weeks" actually means.

Was a great episode and the anticipation for next week is a pain and a joy. It would take something away if you could just bing the next episode.

That look the dragon gives at the end is the saddest thing since Aegon broke Viserys Lego set a few weeks back.

Great episode. Disappointed about Rhaenys as she was a terrific character/actor, but assuming now that this will really spur on Team Black to start bringing their own Fire & Blood.

I presumed Aegon survived. His dragon would have taken the brunt of the fire and fall. Would have been interesting what would have happened if Cole hadn't interrupted Aemond finding him.

The Daemon stuff feels odd and a little bit like padding until he's needed, but it's interesting nonetheless, and great to have Milly Alcock back even just for dream visions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,625 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

(I had similar reaction)

Dozens of faceless men being slaughtered, no reaction… oh no, dragon sad eyes :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The thing that doesn't help about Viserys only dying a few weeks ago is Rhaenyra's son. Alicent's sons don't look that different from last season, whereas Jace and Daemon's daughters all look a few years older (the war obviously taking its toll on Team Black).

I assume that's the usual perils of dealing with actors of a certain age. A few weeks still feels like a bit of a stretch though.

Would be good to have an accurate timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Quango Unchained

The series has been way below GOT for me so far. Way too fast and confusing. No time to get invested in many of the characters before they are killed off. No likeable characters. Humourless. Too earnest. I can barely remember any of the characters' names. Maybe I'm getting old.

And dragons should be like the shark in Jaws. Less is more.

Maybe it is because I don't usually like fantasy books / series. I did read the GOT books and really enjoyed them though because the writing was terrific. When GOT TV series became too fantastical and Marvellish it lost me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭jones

Fantastic episode last night it was like being back in peak game of thrones. It might not have the nuance of the very best of GOT but I really love house of the dragon and I definitely didn't come into it thinking I would.

I deliberately didn't watch the first season when it came out as I was so burnt from the ending of GOT.

I’m enjoying it, but it is no Game of Thrones IMO.

Maybe they could have had Vhagar do something else to kill Melys, we all knew what was coming, understandable in the Air as in the first season, how she could hide that close to the ground, considering she usually sounds like giant oil tanker coming into port.
    But she is wise and battle hardened I suppose.

The CGI for Rhaenys’s fall from the sky was pathetic also.
    Great character/actress she was, powerful in a respectful kind of way.

hopefully Cole gets eaten by a dragon , badly needed that is.

As much of a muppet as Cole usually is he has been a pretty impressive general.

He is feked now though cause no one will believe that the king wasn't part of the plan and he also knows what Aomond was up to which is dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭nachouser

Plus, Cole has the good sense to attack in daylight so we'd be able to actually make out what was happening in a battle for once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement