Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia-Ukraine War (Threadbanned in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Looks like the south Asian countries are beginning to wise up with regard to their people being fed into the meat grinder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yeah, I'll be honest I was against shutting the embassy at the outbreak of the war, but at this point I don't see any real reason to keep it. It is clear Russia will not normalise relations with the west any time soon and any Irish people still in Russia (as our embassy will 100% be evicted) are pretty much idiots so screw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A court in Moscow has issued an arrest warrant for the widow of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny on charges of extremism

''In response to the arrest warrant, she
    posted on X: "When you write about this, please do not forget to write
    the main thing: Vladimir Putin is a murderer and a war criminal.

"His
    place is in prison, and not somewhere in The Hague, in a cosy cell with
    a TV, but in Russia - in the same colony and the same
    two-by-three-metre cell in which he killed Alexei."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

She's more generous than I. I'd make him endure what so many of his conscripts have: aim a gun to the back of the head and force him to run towards fortified Ukrainian position.

May he die roaring and terrified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭myfreespirit

Murderers who killed children in hospital "are the dregs of humanity" Russian ambassador to Chechia summoned and told to deliver that message to Moscow.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2024/jul/09/ukraine-war-live-kyiv-nato-vladimir-putin-voldymyr-zelenskiy-latest-news

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭myfreespirit

+1 to this ^

Is fuath liom iad, gach uile duine acu.

Loiscreán orthu go léir.

Post edited by myfreespirit on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

This is the operandi of Russia from Chechnya, Georgia to Syria.

There's probably a military playbook on when aid is seen to be delivered to rain mortars for the sake of terrorism and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

It is an unusual agreement for Russia - they can't really afford to anger India, so they might actually have to follow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

10h ago13.09 CEST

Modi tells Putin that the 'heart bleeds' when children are killed

An update from Reuters on Narendra Modi’s visit to Moscow:

Indian prime minister Narendra Modi told Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday that the death of innocent children was painful and terrifying, a day after a lethal strike on a children’s hospital in Kyiv.

The pointed remark by the visiting Indian leader was an implicit rebuke to Putin, who moments earlier had welcomed him to the Kremlin with a warm statement on the importance of the strategic ties between the two countries.

Ukraine says it has recovered fragments of a Russian Kh-101 cruise missile at the children’s hospital, which was hit on Monday during a wave of Russian attacks that killed at least 41 Ukrainians across the country.

Russia said, without providing evidence, that it was a Ukrainian anti-missile system that struck the hospital.

“Whether it is war, conflict or a terrorist attack, any person who believes in humanity, is pained when there is loss of lives,” Modi said.

“But even in that, when innocent children are killed, the heart bleeds and that pain is very terrifying.”

It was not the first time that Modi has appeared to criticise Russia over its actions in Ukraine. In September 2022, he told Putin that “today’s era is not an era of war”, and Putin said at that time he understood Modi’s concerns.

India, however, has not condemned Russia’s invasion and has taken the opportunity to buy record amounts of discounted Russian oil as sanctions have decimated Moscow’s trade with the west.

Modi should condem russia once he's safely home and cut ties with them altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Luna84

I've seen many reports online even from Ukrainian bloggers that the missiles that hit that hospital were rogue anti missile, missiles rather than Russia targeting those places. If my memory serves me this isn't the first time Ukrainian anti aircraft missiles have gone amuck.

I also seen reports they should set the systems up outside the cities to catch the Russian missiles when they are heading into the city so even if they run amuck they will just hit empty spaces.

Makes sense. Madness having these systems in the city centre where rogue missiles can hit hospitals and residential buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Luna84

How am I being funny. Setting up dangerous missiles in the city centre. Sure that's asking for trouble, set them up on the outskirts to catch them on the way in and if they go rogue they will hit empty spaces. Does that not make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭macraignil

Don't feed the trolls. It takes quite a sick type of troll to accuse the Ukrainians of attacking their own children's hospital when putin has a record of his military attacking hospitals and the evidence for the contrary troll's argument is a vague claim they've seen some blogs on the internet. Here is a politician pictured at the UN holding some real evidence of russian missile debris being excavated from the hospital site where putin murdered more children and innocent civilians:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Putin could have his forces send a guided cruise missile straight at a children's hospital, and you'd find a way to shift blame away from Putin. Not just that but you'd invent a way to blame Ukraine.

Oh wait, that's literally what you just did..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Link these reports online because they're wrong. There's irrefutable evidence a number of russian missiles hit the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Another thing that could prevent civilian casualties would be Russia not attacking civilian targets like cities, but since Russia is a terrorist state, that's not going to happen.

Scolded in public, Putin didn't like that I bet.

How do you know a russian robot paid account?

Because after all these years of Putin a human would know how Putin operates and knows he's the devil incarnate representative of all the evil of the kremlin and would not try and defend him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Modern air defence missiles have a self destruct mechanism for when it loses a target. Also, you can see from the trajectory of the impact, it didn't look like it was out of control when falling to the ground. Finally, there's pictures of the missile debris, you can clearly see parts that look nothing like an air defence interceptor. It's almost certainly a Russian missile.

The only question is whether it was deliberately targeted at the hospital or not. This doesn't appear likely. The real target appears to be the offices of Zavod Artem, an arms company office 2km away that got hit with multiple missiles at the same time. It's still the fault of the Russians, it was still their missile, regardless of whether it malfunctioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭wassie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Would you also criticize rape victims for fighting back the wrong way in a struggle and hurting themselves in the process?

Not that I think a single line of your disgusting, disingenuous Kremlin scutter is plausible.

Not a word from you about the terrorist country actually firing the initial missile at a pediatric cancer ward?

You, are beyond the pale.

Russians starve their prisoners of war. They castrate their prisoners of war. They kill their own with sledgehammers and film it for sport. They rape the women of the countries they invade wholesale. Kill those when they get tired of them. They target humanitarian centres such as civic theatres and town halls to kill those civilians sheltering there. They run concentration/filtering camps and eliminate those they see as the enemy. They go through villages and bring the men onto the street and kill them with their hands tied. They target hospitals in Ukraine, Syria back to Chechnya.

That's the life of Putin.

Fairly obvious the rabbit hole of obliviation that the Russian state is descending into.

Men shall earn more than women. Women will not back chat to men. Women will only get equal rights if they provide two children to the regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

tbh, for such human excrement like Putin, this is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

What a little squirming weasel Putin is.

Also a coward who acts the big man but when Prigozin was coming for him he fled like a coward in his private airplane.

Now compare that to Zelensky when the Russians were knocking on the doors of Kyiv….

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

He wasn't scolded at all.

I think Modi has basically sucking up to him. His trade with Russia helps facilitate the war, and by extension these murders of innocent children.

I do understand that the average incomes in India are very low and without fuel and energy etc. they'd have huge problems. But that was not a scolding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Paddigol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Look Luna, we know this was a russian missile, we know, you know it was a russian missile. But in a parallel universe where this missile was Ukr, then the blame-fault-responsibility-condemnation is still 100% owned by russia, they invaded another country and history will show russia lost, they paid for all the damage, thats a given. But it most likely will record this war was the catalyst that caused the death and break-up of russia into many small countries. Its just the russians, like yourself, that havent figured this all out yet, but you will. The rot is from the inside out.

Advertisement