Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ionity charging network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Interesting that you say that site is an Applegreen, don't Ionity usually partner with Cirkle K? I wonder are Ionity branching out to different retailers or will the site be rebranded?

That owner I've heard stories of and from looking at the very elaborate plans I assumed he had kicked the bucket, if he's still around I don't hold out much hope of it ever being completed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Like I've said before, Ionity are in for some fun when the owner starts putting a fence around the chargers

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I believe the deal with Circle K only covered the first 6 sites. Newer sites aren't bound by the same deal

Considering the owner was always complaining about EVs it seems likely he's out of the picture, which would be a positive

But are all 5 sites in the republic (6 if you count Kill as 2) not at Cirkle K sites at the moment? My point is merely that it would be the first Applegreen site for Ionity. I am aware that the 2 in the north are at a shopping centre and an indie filling station, and throughout Europe they can be almost anywhere mind…

If the owner was still there he might get a kick out of stalling the plans

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dsandson

Remember Ionity have an online map showing sites in construction, and its well maintained so can be considered quite reliable. Theres only one site in construction in Ireland and thats at Dublin. In NI Dungannon is well advanced.

Its an interesting site when you look at GB. Ionity signed a deal to use sites at the Village Hotels group. Not all at ideal en-route locations but massively increases the number of sites in one swoop. Many are in construction already. If there was a similar deal to be done in Ireland they'd make swift progress.

• Advertisement

Hotels are grand locations for charging stations, quick coffee and toilet break and away you go. I think that hotel group have starbucks at all locations

There's also a 3rd party tracker which show the sites announced but not yet being built

Confusingly they label them as under construction even when no work has begun, but it's good for finding planned locations

https://ionity.ev-info.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vinniem

Yes the owner is meant to be a bit of a strange one alright.. I don't think Waterford will be getting an ionity hub anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vinniem

Yes the one in Toome Bridge is Nichol fuels. Yer man in Waterford is most definitely playing games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭cannco253

Has anyone any news on Ionity Athlone expanding to 6 units? The place was jammed yesterday evening with all 4 chargers in use.

Was good to see none were ICEd !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,155 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭cannco253

There is a circle K there (Athlone) but it's out of order.

There are spaces already set up for the +2 but nothing happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I used the fresh miles app and found ionity to be cheap that way. Havent needed it in ages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Using Freshmile at Ionity is now listed as €0.85/kWh in the app which is a lot more expensive than the €0.3/kWh + €0.3/min it used to be. It has effectively doubled in price since they moved to the €0.85 rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭denismc

€0.33/kWh here in France at the moment using the entry level Ionity Passport, we definitely could do with some more price drops at home.

Inversely petrol is over €1.80/l over here so you are a little worse off driving a petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

French electricity prices have dropped recently thanks to a surge in renewables combined with a drop in demand. Last month several nuclear generation plants were temporarily taken off line such was the drop. The French Govt has also postponed increased tariff charges.

No chance of this happening in little auld Ireland.

I'll have to fill her up before I come home so, 😬

3:1 ratio is my rule of thumb. There's 9kWh in a Liter of fuel and engines are about 35% efficient

So 33c/kWh is 99c/L of fuel equivalent

We will have a surge of renewables soon. Is the drop in demand seasonal? ie no need to heat homes in summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I'd have thought you'd be lucky to get 35% efficiency out of a petrol. More like 25%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Gorey expanded to 6 units and spaces repainted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I was there in Gorey yesterday and didn't notice any works at all. Was driving the petrol at the time and was breezing through though. Was that taken this morning?

It's really triggering my OCD that they keep putting the new chargers in the opposite way to the existing ones

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dsandson

They're slightly different models. The two at the end are a newer design, and would normally have the halo fitted. They're the same as installed at Belfast & Toome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭innrain

I haven't done a report on the Finglas site in a long time. The ground works appear to be finished on both charger and substation sides. The parking spots are now free of fencing except for the location of the chargers. The substation foundation appears completed. The stop and go is gone. I have not noticed any progress in the last week. It looks to me they are waiting for the parts to arrive.

It's heavily car type and usage dependant but yes I was being optimistic with 35%. With that being said, if you use a 3:1 ratio it gives wiggle room

Going past Kill North earlier I think I spotted two more chargers, bringing it up to 6

Didn't have time to take a detailed look on account of driving at 100km/h on the N7 😉

They don't seem to be active in the app yet, hopefully they'll be online soon

I wonder if Kill South has also been expanded

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

I see there's now a load of Ionity chargers installed at Charlestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Not operational yet. Sorry, I should of said that above 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

will be some site taxi rank when it’s opened…

• Advertisement

Which Charlestown is that, Dublin?

There's a few Charlestowns around the country.

Advertisement