Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan resigns before the General Election.

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭theValheru853

No one is forced into buying bottles or cans? The majority of products are sold in such packaging so yes we are.

As to putting them back in the car until next time, where are we meant to store them? Most of us have enough trouble as it is trying to store them between shopping trips.

As to not having as system that worked perfectly fine, yes we did. It was a system the majority of households followed correctly. In trying to get that last few in the minority though, they have basically punished that majority.

As to the machines that you pass....yes, you are in a twilight zone. The only one I can rely on working in my area is the one in the local off licence, and quite frankly, if I was to be using that all the time and seeing you can only redeem vouchers where you get them, well my liver would not be thanking me.

As to making stuff up about the scheme, sorry but maybe you should try looking around a bit more.....no one is making stuff up.

That is what Ryan's and the Green Party's legacy will be. One ill thought out scheme after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭theValheru853

Concerning how effective it is, yes people have no choice but to return the containers or lose their deposit, but if households are cancelling the recycling bins, does that not mean that what the DRS is taking now, was going into the recycling bins before?

Also seeing as the DRS does not take all forms of recyclable materials, and people are cancelling the recycling bins, where is the rest of the recyclable material going?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rdser

Politically he had fg and ff over a barrell and has had since they went into power. The greens, and eamonn were given far too much power for what their vote warranted and they have cobtinued in that vein throughout the term of this government. Their demands have largely been met In FF/FG efforts to keep power.

I dont see any positives from the greens involvement in this government tbh and i hope they never see power again but if Ff and or FG need them to make up the numbers we will be stuck with them again...in the name of power. Theyre even more dangerous as a party now with that looper Ogorman in charge. He is and has been a dangerous disaster.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mod: @theValheru853 don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

No he didn’t, he was aware that the Greens wouldn’t get into the next government, FF and FG always knew they would be in the running

Calling an election before term would be a disaster for Green Party

Again, we seem to have information which is mostly based on twitter nonsense

if you don’t see any positives then I suggest you get off twitter and do some proper research 👍 it’s been mentioned on numerous thread on boards of what has been implemented since the last election.

A party who will by all accounts not have a great election next time are dangerous how? Cop on to yourself

• Advertisement

What has twitter got to do wirh anything. If you think eamonn ryan and the rest if the greens didnt use their position to get what they wanted, you are seriously politically naive.

And i do believe the greens are dangerous. Their behaviour around the recent referenda as one example, was exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I refer to mod warning

In terms of an answer, I guess you are an adult? do you really need someone to tell you as a grown up to wash out the cans?

How exactly have you got to a situation you need a stranger online to explain to wash out cans?

No I know how the World works, you read some nonsense and repeat it here trying to make out you understand the government

The same tripe has been fired out for years on twitter and then started to overflow here

How can a minor player in a government, who knows they have little to no chance of reelection hold a government over a barrel. It was always the case after the last election that the Green Party best chance was a full term government and try to convince people the changes they made are good. It didn't work with the amount of online bulls**t posted by people who haven't a clue what is going on, just repeating noise they seen onlein

The "green are dangerous" . Absolute rubbish. Explain hpw they are dangerous? in detail, exactly what they have done now or can in future that is dangerous. Not some vague one liner

Ya not going to engage with that nonsense tbh. Twitter has nothing to do with anything ive said. It seems you are very politically naive if you think a party in the greens position does not use that to sway decisions and policy, you are massively deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I get the 'dangerous' analogy. I think history will show that this unique coalition was 'unique' because it was prepared to cover up what it was doing, or not doing in the case of the Greens and the referendum. We wouldn't have known about the wrongdoing if it wasn't for journalists who operate mostly via Twitter too.
    To keep the show together it has repeatedly circled the wagons to protect TD's ministers and Taoisigh who ordinarily would have to have fallen on their swords. That is a 'dangerous' situation tbh.

You claimed the Green party had the government over a barrel, now it sway. Two totally different statements

Of course they can promote their agenda and hopefully sway other parties to vote to implement it

In terms of constantly saying someone is "politically naive", repeating it ad nauseam doesn't make your point right and you have yourself corrected your own position. So good for you

And that was the example given to clo clo, who ignored it.

Green supporters seem to see what they want to see imo.

Im still waiting for those dangerous details. Mot a copy and paste of something vague from twitter

You were given an example... the recent referenda and the AGs advice. You chose to ignore it.

Not sure where you are seeing me copy and paste anything from twitter. You mught point out the exaxt detail of what was copied and where exactly it was copied from with a link please.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

…only see mod warning, so post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Green supporters or supporters of the Greens as long as they stick with FF or FG?
    There is a difference IMO and I think it's fairly obvious here.

It's more of the circle the wagons/handwaving away we have seen since 2020.

3 supposedly separate parties standing over behaviours that ordinarily would force a resignation or sacking is a 'dangerous' environment.

So in other words you have no idea how they are dangerous. Thanks for the clarification

You were given an example. Misleading the electorate in a referendum around the AGs advice. That is extremely dangerous and roderick did it more than once. Well documented.

Address the above, and also address your twitter claims around my posts.

Advertisement