Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Louise2024

I’d say you’ll be next batch so probably next month

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grayzer1979

The bleep test is fine, just take it slow at the start and it's a walk in the park!

Having said that a few people did fail it when I did the test last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 Jamie_M147

Hey Guys! A little off topic, have the fitness on the 13th, does anyone know from past experiences after the fitness test if we are allowed showers etc? Have a family social event to go to afterwards is all.

That’s so much! Can I ask how you prepared for your bleep test? Hope you’re went well

There's showers there in the changing room. Nobody used them from what I could see but I see no reason why you couldn't use them when you're finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mld20

Hi, were there many doing the PCT with you, just want an idea of numbers and if it really does take the whole day. I have mine on the 13th.

Hi, were there many doing the PCT with you, just want an idea of numbers and if it really does take the whole day. I have mine on the 13th.

There were 3 groups of 7 when I was there last week. Started at 9, I'd say all the groups were done by just after 2. Then they take you over for drug testing and take a sample of your hair. I was on my way hone before 3. Some were gone earlier, some slightly later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gympluscoffee

is anyone else who sent in their id still waiting on form b and pct date?

• Advertisement

Yes! I only got email to send ID last week

• Registered Users Posts: 22 korea 1

no form b yet

But got a date for pct

I sent my id in a week ago. Seems very random the way they are allocating pct dates

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Murphy2024

Yeah i have my pct on Friday. Don't think anyone from batch 2 has received Form B yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Raven135

No form B yet , pct on Friday also.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paddy77

I had my interview today,Any idea what the normal waiting time is for results..Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 sligo98

I had my interview the 18th of april and got my results the 30th so shouldnt be too long hopefully

Was 2 weeks I think for Batch 1 and nearly 3 weeks for Batch 2! I was in Batch 2 and was almost 3 weeks for me. Could be quicker / longer depending on when your interview is during the timeframe. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

Are they currently interviewing batch 4 and if so what number after stage 1 have they got to?

I’m not 100% I think stage 3 is interviewing now, so possibly stage 4 is next month?

sorry batch. 4 I mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 donoghues

anyone have any idea what number they are at now?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 racheldowney2

everyone here that has had their interview. How many days before it do they send you your written exercise. Also does everyone receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 racheldowney2

One of the lads in our group chat had his interview today and he was in the one thousands

Pretty sure everyone receives it. I received mine two days before my interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AislingH2002

If it is a GC related to future interviews can you add me?

Those who have done the fitness test or are training for it, how are you all training for the obstacle course?
    Would be great to do a mock one

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Tra112

I think you can do a trial run in Templemore or at least they let you go down and see how it is all done. I think someone put up here a while back that you can go down, not sure how it is organised though. Hopefully someone will come back to you on this and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paddy77

I placed 1014 and I had my interview yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 user2024

Hi just looking to see if anyone still waiting to get pct and form B. I am 160 OOM on batch 2 and haven't received anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rb99

anyone know how many weeks they give you till your repeat if you fail the fitness? Hurt my hamstring last week but I’m gonna do the fitness anyways but not very confident

• Advertisement

I think if you were in a position to pass it prior to the injury, as long as the injury isnt too bad you should still be able to pass it i would personally think

I do a lot of HITT stuff anyway and just practicing the bleep test. Haven’t really done any work on the obstacle course so hoping it won’t be too bad. Some other people on here mentioned they got offered a trial run but I received very little notice. Informed on the 1st of July that my PCT was on the 13th. They seem to be racing through this recruitment campaign.

I wonder are they trying to get each batch vetted separately to prevent big build ups? Batch 1 had their forms in weeks prior to PCT so its strange

Yeah it is strange. Honestly can't make sense of how they're doing it. Hopefully its like you suggested and its each batch separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 winnq

I’m the same. Sent my ID in Wednesday of last week, still haven’t heard anything. Placed in the 50’s in OOM. Was hoping to go down to do the trial run but there doesn’t seem to be any word on that either

same here. Placed 60 in oom and heard nothing sent in my ID ten days ago

I didn't get an email about ID

Did you receive the email about the Form B for vetting? It gave an example of Form B and stated that the actual one would be sent out shortly. In the email in bold it asks for you to send a copy of your ID to confirm your DOB.

• Advertisement

The only email was on the 25th with the results from public jobs. I have emailed garda hr to see if I am down for pct in the coming weeks but haven't heard back yet.

That does seem like something went wrong. You surely should have gotten the form B email if you passed the interview stage.

How's everyone fixed for tomorrow? I think i'm good for the bleep test and push ups its the sit-ups that are killing me. 37 in a minute is tough enough.

Take your time between push ups and sit ups is my main advise… I went from one straight into another and was fine but definitely made it more difficult

If you fail fitness do you repeat same day or different day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Quick question for you guys in the know around Garda recruitment

Years ago, fresh out of college I was found in possession of a personal quantity of cannabis. A seriously stupid mistake in my youth that I very much regret, it is my sole encounter with the Gardaí

I was of course fully cooperative at all times, wrote a letter of apology to the Garda etc

I received a district court summons for it but never actually went before a judge - given it was my first and only offence the Garda dropped the charges, so I received no conviction and have no criminal record

I have a couple of retired Gardaí in my family and had always thought about joining but never acted upon it. Lately I find myself thinking about it a lot.

I’ve realised I’d like to take the plunge and actually finally go for it….

I guess my question is, am I dreaming thinking they’ll even look twice at me? As I said I’ve no actual criminal record but I imagine my case from those years ago would still come up on pulse? If possible I’d like to avoid the months of waiting and hoping if it’s all pointless because ultimately they’ll never realistically consider me anyway

Thanks a million

• Advertisement

I have heard of Guards who had similar experiences to you. Go for it, yes it will come up on pulse but worth the shot 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eire1996

hi, I saw a comment on here that in the medical we will have an eye test… I am short eye sighted and wear glasses at specific times, some people said you might need to get laser eye surgery? What really?? Would the glasses you use not suffice?

Nope. If you fail the eyesight test they give you a time frame to get laser eye surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kevmac07

Are they strict on the time with the situps? They give 1 minute to complete x amount but wondering if your 1 or 2 off would they give you it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Red devil 77

I don't think so, my friend competed his last sit on the last second and still failed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement