Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf in or near Marbella

• 09-07-2024 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

I've a joint family holiday coming up in Marbella in August, and myself and the brother are hoping to squeeze in a round of golf. I've never been down that direction so I don't know where to start. Has anyone any recommendations? We're staying near Dona Lona, which is about the half way point between Marbella and Torremolinos.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

https://maps.app.goo.gl/zrg6t55HWKwvqNHM9?g_st=com.google.maps.preview.copy

I don’t play, but we’ve a place next door and the neighbours tell me it’s a great course. Clubhouse does a great breakfast would be the extent of my personal experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭thewobbler

I’d recommend Santana. Very decent course and walkable, which is unusual for that part of the world.

La Cala is right beside it has 3 x courses and they’re all good fun resort courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I’d second Santana, great fun, usually in good condition and is walkable. Not too far from your location either.

Torrequebrada is also quite good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

another fun option and it is a long time ago when i played it (like maybe 20 years ago), so it might be gone or very different.

there is a floodlit 9 hole in Puerto Banus, They required to see my GUI card and handicap cert when I played it. It was fun and quick to get around and they also had clubs for hire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

could be yea, I do recall having to walk under a main road alright at a point in the round

the floodlights and i'm pretty sure it was open 24 hours makes it a possibility of getting a game in while on a family holiday without getting into to much trouble for disappearing for hours on end 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Cheers for the tips lads.

Advertisement