Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lovely pictures @JupiterKid , painful times for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Nice names, but already christened I'm afraid!

Sally (b&w) and the other is Cinnamon 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'll allow it. 😎

I see Sephers is laying low, he must be going all Steven Spielberg on the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I take it you’re not Ireland based 😀

I don’t think we exceeded 50% of that temperature the last few days

Some pics from a farm in Meath during the week ... the ginger cat and dog reminded me of your old doggie and his cat friend @Autosport . Hope you don't mind me posting.

• Advertisement

Omg, the ears on the black alpaca!! 😍😍

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

New rule!. Suvi must post daily pics of kittens 🤣

Finished work work for today. Thank God ! Time to try and relax for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭thomil

I second that motion 🙋‍♂️

Homeside here. Had quite a few down days, but I feel like I’m coming out the other end of that. This bloody overcast is driving me nuts!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At work looking like an ould wan. Hoodie delicately draped over damned sore shoulder 🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,290 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Turned out to be a work day for me, but ended up back at home with a happy BLUE. So I’m sitting here eating caviar and beer and he is getting cheese. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

After puking up , I’m really not well at all and not feeling well.

Do you remember if you hit your head?. You are having such a crap go of it lately

Horrible wet day.

Ugh, can someone pick up autumn and bring back summer? I'm not too much of a fan of heat, but this is getting ridiculous!

Just arrived deskside, did I mention that the buses were a mess this morning as well? I mean more than usual?

No I don’t think so . I think it’s just whiplash from an accident years ago . I really could have screwed that girl over in the crash . She and her boyfriend were coming back from Donegal in 2 separate cars . Except I saw she had the same DL number plate as her boyfriend. . I’d say she was only after buying the car , probably from the North ,and was pulling a fast one insurance wise . But being from the border myself I wasn’t going to rat them out 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭apache

You wouldn't think it's July.

Brought home my little rescue dog on Friday. After minding dogs for years it's lovely to have one of my own. So she has lung cancer so I brought her home for a more comfortable life for whatever time she has left. This is Lola

Lola is a beaut apache!

My old Alfie had lung cancer, he was diagnosed in September, but he made it to the following June, before it got bad and took him. Spoil Lola rotten for her time, fair play for taking her home 😍

Thanks suvigirl. She's in good form at the moment. I just have to keep a close eye on her. She's helping me as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lola is so cute! It's lovely to see a sick dog being given a great home to enjoy the rest of their life. I hope you both have a great time together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,321 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

@apache same applies for you! Frequent photos needed, nay, demanded for the wherers 😉

She is beautiful @apache

And you are beautiful for taking her home.

Got some crap completed in work that's been going on for ages because other crap takes priority. Out having a coffee to celebrate.

Listening to retired people talking about booking holidays. 🙄

Thanks for the support. Lovely to hear. I'll keep you all updated 🐾

Nespresso time, 34C 44% and rising. Needless to say that BLUE returned to the bedroom with full air conditioning.

Gotta clean up before the OH gets up.

Country just changed the retirement age, I’m stuck here for another 7 years :):):)

Just like that?. I mean you'd no idea that was coming?. All the same, nice, you clearly love what you do so enjoy!

• Advertisement

Announced at last weeks cabinet meeting and immediately changed, there are provisos where those close to the old retirement age can retire at that age and take their pensions, but younger people with less than 20 years of employment will go to new age.

My colleagues would retire and take their pensions, then rehire to same job for next 7 years with basically double salary.

No thought of retirement here, the way things are going, I'll probably still be answering emails from the afterlife…

Anyway, deskside here. It looks like a lovely day outside and for once I don't feel like crap. Long may it last!

Meeting a friend in an hour for a quiet one or two, been way too long, far too much to catch up on

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Hmmmm …. dont see you on the invite list …..

Come one, come all, I'll be flat out working the weekend.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

football time, lovely cold pint of NA Guinness.

The poor old Brit in work is getting a right slagging this evening!!

let's hope he's not the one laughing at the end of the night!!!!😂

Busy day before back to work tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lying in bed here at home feeling very low and very sad after flying back from Holland with my OH yesterday. Cried my eyes out the whole flight back home.

My eldest sister is still over there sorting paperwork and helping my late sister's family. She is flying over here next week along with my sister's partner and my nephew and niece, my late sister's children.

My boss has given me 3 weeks compassionate leave, but I do need to catch up on work emails and other stuff tomorrow. I just don't have the motivation or inclination to do so today. I'm crying an awful lot. OH has been a rock of comfort and support to me which is wonderful.

Following the memorial service and cremation in Holland last Saturday, my beloved sister Kirsty's ashes will be interred in a ceremony at my dear late mum and dad's grave in Castleknock, where we grew up, on Sat July 20th.

I'm beyond heartbroken at this loss. 💔💔

My sister was a truly beautiful person inside and out, always putting others ahead of herself and was incredibly considerate, loving and loyal. Always looking out for me, her baby brother.

Photo I took of Kirsty way back in 1994, when she was living in Brussels.

@JupiterKid there is unfortunately crap to do, but there's much time around those things to adjust to the new and sad reality, take your space. If you disappeared tomorrow everything would still get done one way or another.The work is dispensable not you. And as always we're here, thank you for sharing.

Couldn’t sleep , again , so up watching Blade Runner and feeling slightly pissed off .By the time of the 21st century we’re supposed to have flying cars and laser guns .

Well we have the cars, yours for about $300,000

https://alef.aero/

And the military have the laser guns, so we made it :):)

Trying to figure out where I’ll get 300,000 for a flying car

Id settle for a hover board!

A shed costs 300,000 in this crazy country 🙄

Could not sleep last night either. Got up early and out for a walk in some actual ☀️ and warmth.

And it's Friday 😊

Twinges in my back telling me a spasm is coming.....hot water bottle and anti inflamtories ready......any other suggestions to avoid the back giving out completely are welcome😊

Sitting watching tv after realising that my optician appointment is probably cancelled . It’s the one bank holiday I completely dread 😡

Got my work done and finishing up early. Alleluia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement