Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media sites inaccessible

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have you power cycled the router? I find they're very loathe to reconnect automatically after being disconnected for any length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cnbyz

reboot didnt work but i was online after about 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭cml387

Someone should call them out on their so called network status app. As I said up the thread and other people noted it doesn't do anything other than report everything is fine. It's response is far too quick to believe its checking anything and you can enter any random number and get the same result

• Registered Users Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Given that my router during the outage had an internal IP of 0.0.0.0 I fail to see what on earth that "test" does if anything.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Anyone else getting intermittent dropouts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Does anyone else have the issue of all Google sites (gmail, docs, drive as well as google.com) being inaccessible through a VM line randomly? Its occuring now and its the second time its happened in recent weeks, wondering if its the same thing as before. I've changed DNS to Open DNS at the router and its still happening. Really annoying as I work almost entirely through Google Suite.

Almost every other site works (posting this comment through the connection), its just specifically Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Only time i have had issues is with a power cut or outage listed in

https://downdetector.ie/status/upc/

Have you tried another browser?

Advertisement