Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

That's what I thought. Have a replacement disc ordered. Will hold off until it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mine won't run unbalanced it shuts down. Knocked out one of the screw holders as it had hit a football post footing. Slotted back in but the mower detected the balance rotation and shutdown. Which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Replacemant disc arrive this morning. Three new blades installed. Mower is running perfectly. Amazed that one missing blade could cause so much vibration !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Disc imbalance. Just replace the cutting disc or drill out and fix as a matter of priority.

The disc isn't expensive from memory. Maybe 20 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

From reading posts on here, it appears the Luba 2 is the best automower but very difficult to get. I was thinking about the Segway but I’m in no rush this year so am I as well hold off and get one out of season or next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭LubaDriver

It's hard to say if it's the best but I'd agree that it's the best bang for your buck currently. I suspect that they will have a version 3 next January so the 2 will be discounted at the end of this season.

If you can wait and are happy with the old generation when they release the 3 then you might be able to nab a 2 for a good price then.

One thing to note though is that they really only support the latest and greatest with new features, even those that seem to be based in the app - giving nicknames to areas is only available in the new model for example. So you can assume that the state of the 2's software at the end of this year will be as good as it gets.

The Luba is only brand new in mower terms. It's getting alot of press here because of that. It's not out or running long enough to make that statement.

Well have to wait until people have a number of grass seasons under their belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

I ended up getting a Luba 2 1000 from Amazon.de ordered last Monday and just delivered this morning. All up it cost €2,340.

I don't know if I just got lucky, the expected delivery date for new orders just changed to 22nd August this morning.

Initially I was going to get the 3000 from Amazon.de but it didn't deliver directly to Ireland. I had checked out some mail forwarding companies, but then noticed the 1000 would deliver directly to Ireland so picked that up instead. My garden area is just about the 1,000m².

The 3000 and 5000 don't seem to be on amazon.de anymore as of this morning but they might come back again. For those interested in mail forwarding, these companies could ship the Luba 2 box size inc lithium battery to Ireland. The 3000 was €2,600 on Amazon.de so prices below cover insurance up to that value.

shipgerman.com - have loads of options starting at €87 + €40 insurance

bpm-lux.com - €61 + €23 insurance

The standard insurance for both companies is up to €750 so you need to contact them to increase the value.

Hope that helps a few people out as the Luba 2 seems hard to pick up at the moment. I'm looking forward to setting it up at the weekend.

I've Just noticed the Mamotion Yuka 1500 is in stock on amazon.de now also. You will need to use a mail forwarding company but you could have it your hands in about 10-12 days.

It has €100 off at the moment bringing it to €1500. I don't know much about the Yuka to be honest but as a smart lawnmower it seems to have similar technology to the Luba 2, bar the 4WD.

The Yuka 2000 is there also but has a start of August delivery date, and will need mail forwarding to get out to Ireland.

The Luba 2 1000 is back in stock now again for dispatch today but Amazon are no longer delivering directly to Ireland, you will need to use the mail forwarding companies above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭denismc

So what is the cutting frequency of the Luba? Is it out every day or does it go out a couple of times a week? If it's several times a week do you get a build up of cuttings on the lawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭LubaDriver

Two to three times a week. If you send it out every day you'll get wear ruts at the perimeter, especially if it's wet.

Mine is currently out three times but thinking of pulling back to two.

So what happens to the cuttings? If you are mowing 2-3 times a week you are going to have a lot of cut grass underfoot. If you have a busy lawn with kids and so on do you get a lot of grass getting dragged into the house?

Robot vacuum in my case ^^

It works by trimming the top of the grass. I.e mulching. It's meant to cut regularly so growth is maintained to specific height. Don't think of it like a conventional mower.

Each lawn is different so you should start with daily and dial back from there. Mines out everyday in the summer btw (not a luba). Your grass is never meant to look like it's growing high. So dial it back until the cut looks even. No ones answer will be the same as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Opposite, I got rid of the robot lawnmower as I had nowhere to put the grass and mulching it meant the grass was constantly getting dragged in because I would max get it cut once a week, with robot it is constantly going so the grass it is cutting is tiny and no issues with kids dragging it in

Post edited by Clo-Clo on

I have a Husky and it's out every day which leaves very little clippings, but my understanding of the Luba is it goes out less often more like a traditional mower so I would expect more clippings, hence my question.

The same principle applies. You shouldn't have the mower setup that clippings appear. It means you aren't running it enough. Luba or any robot mower. It's not meant to cut grass. It's meant to trim. Significant difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I have a luba and it cuts 650m of grass in around 3 to 4 hours with a return to charge after 80% cut. Its a more efficient cutting method but it goes iut every 2 days. Another area of around 480m and it returns to charge at around 95% cut. Again cuts every 2nd day.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭EletricMan

The front wheel is after coming off my Husqvarna 415x, any recommendations for best place for replacement. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Can you not refit it?

One fell off my 220AC last week and I just put it back on and sent it out. But I found the wheel and part that holds it on together.

GPL shop is my go to for spare parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭micks_address

Anyone using the mowap app on android for this yardforce mower? Started crashing on me since July android update on pixel pro 7. Logged in on sons iPhone and all working fine

Cheers

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭spose

same happened mine. In my case bearing had disintegrated. Had pretty much worn out the wheels too and there was only a couple of euro difference in price between buying all the parts and getting main dealer to do it so went with that

• Registered Users Posts: 49 One Question

hey

I’ve Husq 430x and I e just re-laid new wire. Anyone know if 1.5mm single LSOH single core is ok for using as boundary wire?

Mower keeps overshooting wire, and then stopping and sending notification that it’s “out of boundary “. I’ve got the Drive Past Wire setting on minimum (20cm)

Green light is good on charger station.
    Thanks

Post edited by One Question on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Have you looked into the Hookii Neomow. They were a Kickstarter campaign that is about to start selling publicly. I'm a beta user and very happy with the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭The lips

I have never managed to get my mowap registered with my device even after cancelling the 5Ghz frequency on my router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Posted in error

• Advertisement

Have you tried resetting the boundary loop signal?

Is in the settings under security, this has worked for me in the past when I have has issues.

Advertisement