Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 24/25

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You can log in and update your profile now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Exciting NEW features, they say. Hyperbole I'd imagine, but still…

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No surprise there as Sky Sports were featuring FPL content a lot over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye cant wait see of price reveals, and be interesting see what changes if any to the game

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Hopefully Haaland is 15.5 or something mad like that, so that he isn't the template pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Haaland is 15m

delighted he is so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Good pricing.

Big decision whether to go with him or not. Perma captain Haaland made the game v boring.

Big swings next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Brilliant pricing.

More of the same please.

A couple of well known players reclassified already. I wonder will there be many more.

Salah staying at 12.5, so it's going to be very tough having both EBH and Mo. Good!

they had to adjust the Haaland price. you simply can't continue to have someone at 180% EO every week. thinking about it, i'd have almost made him 16.0. but anyway…

the rest of the prices look like they'll be somewhat predictable, and it's just the Haaland price that will be in any way dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Would be good for the game too if Salah is sold to a Saudi club.

Can see the likes of Foden being a similar price to Palmer…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No sky sports fantasy football no more. Shocking.

I've no more excuses for been sh'te at the main one now.

Lots of cheap players to try and punt on it seems, but I'm impressed with the pricing of the premiums so far.

More of this please.

Saka, Foden, Palmer should all be 10.5 - 11.0.

My only concern is I think you'll be able to get a good defence relatively cheaply.

Given how hard clean sheets were to come by last season, it's kind of understandable!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

How exactly? Less high price options means it's easier to settle on a template team. Having both him and Haaland while keeping a balanced team is almost impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Some changes for the new season have been announced:

We can now save up to a maximum of five free transfers and these free transfers will not be reset after playing the Wildcard or Free Hit.

There’s going to be a new “Mystery Chip” which will be announced in January 2025.

Goalkeepers who score in a match will be granted 10 points instead of 6 now.

The Bonus Points System has also been updated:

Saving a penalty has been reduced from 15 to 9 BPS.
    Goalkeepers and defenders conceding a goal is now -4 BPS.
    Goal line clearances grant 3 BPS.
    Fouls won earn 1 BPS.
    Shot on target is 2 BPS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Game updating.

When it was updating last year, it went live same day, iIrc.

Yeah, looks like it will be today. Apparently Crystal Palace tweeted it and then deleted it 😅

BB, TC & mystery chip are all I can see. I know FH is not visible on GW1 anyways, but I'm not sure if this new mystery chip is replacing FH or is in addition to it.

According to their own graphic, FH is still a thing. From here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Just happy to have it back, not a fan of so many chips or carrying up to 5 transfers rewarding the casual players

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm hearing the Mystery Chip is a bonus of 20 points if you own Reece James for more than 5 Gameweeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jesus, my autoselect team is mint. None of the big guns like haaland or Salah but it's a solid 15.

My autoselect team is close to the exact team I imagine an uber-casual would have started last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Looking forward to giving FPL a proper go for the first time in years. Think I’m team no Haaland. Gutted sky fantasy football is no more. It was a great game. Nearly 4 years to the day ago since I won it.

Advertisement