Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Murphy2024

That does seem like something went wrong. You surely should have gotten the form B email if you passed the interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Murphy2024

How's everyone fixed for tomorrow? I think i'm good for the bleep test and push ups its the sit-ups that are killing me. 37 in a minute is tough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sligo98

Take your time between push ups and sit ups is my main advise… I went from one straight into another and was fine but definitely made it more difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Louise2024

If you fail fitness do you repeat same day or different day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Quick question for you guys in the know around Garda recruitment

Years ago, fresh out of college I was found in possession of a personal quantity of cannabis. A seriously stupid mistake in my youth that I very much regret, it is my sole encounter with the Gardaí

I was of course fully cooperative at all times, wrote a letter of apology to the Garda etc

I received a district court summons for it but never actually went before a judge - given it was my first and only offence the Garda dropped the charges, so I received no conviction and have no criminal record

I have a couple of retired Gardaí in my family and had always thought about joining but never acted upon it. Lately I find myself thinking about it a lot.

I’ve realised I’d like to take the plunge and actually finally go for it….

I guess my question is, am I dreaming thinking they’ll even look twice at me? As I said I’ve no actual criminal record but I imagine my case from those years ago would still come up on pulse? If possible I’d like to avoid the months of waiting and hoping if it’s all pointless because ultimately they’ll never realistically consider me anyway

Thanks a million

• Advertisement

I have heard of Guards who had similar experiences to you. Go for it, yes it will come up on pulse but worth the shot 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eire1996

hi, I saw a comment on here that in the medical we will have an eye test… I am short eye sighted and wear glasses at specific times, some people said you might need to get laser eye surgery? What really?? Would the glasses you use not suffice?

Nope. If you fail the eyesight test they give you a time frame to get laser eye surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kevmac07

Are they strict on the time with the situps? They give 1 minute to complete x amount but wondering if your 1 or 2 off would they give you it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Red devil 77

I don't think so, my friend competed his last sit on the last second and still failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mld20

I saw someone graduate recently that was wearing glasses. See below screen shot from Garda website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TrevorLahey89

Got my date for PCT on 26th. Has anyone been able to reschedule their fitness test? I have an injury at the moment and not sure if gonna be ok in 2 weeks..

I’m sure if you’re doctor signs you off as unfit for the test arm you’ll be able to reschedule!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grayzer1979

Different day. There were a few people on my day repeating different parts of the test.

Post edited by Grayzer1979 on

Is this 100% true?

I've done my medical, passed everything apart from the eyes. Better than 20/20 vision with contacts but I am well below minimum standard without them.

Just waiting on word back from it.

Yes, they give you a time frame to correct it (e.g laser eye surgery)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carolinecuffs

Hello Guys, can anyone advise for PCT is it acceptable/required to arrive in sports gear or did you arrive in casual/formal clothing then change for testing ? Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mld20

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tampora88

Has any gone through the interview on zoom yet?I just got an email and it's booked for August.

Hi Rachel I would be interested in joining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Smooth6

• Registered Users Posts: 4 user2024

Hi everyone

Just a heads up if you are still waiting on Garda Hr to get in contact with you if you have passed stage 2 and haven't heard from them in few weeks after results. Email public jobs make use all your documentation you sent In are OK as I emailed yesterday and they told me they needed more information about my QQI CERT, I did all the paperwork on 15th May but they still have wrong letter on file. Only that I chased up properly wouldn't have never told me.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smooth6

I also that that message today, but haven’t been able to book a slot. Nothing is coming up in my bookings part. Does anyone know what I should do?

Does it say anything in your message when the bookings are open? If it’s supposed to be open and not on your public jobs account to book then email them asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psb1

Just curious has anyone on here failed the PCT and are awaiting a re test date?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psb1

Just curious has anyone on here failed the PCT and are now awaiting a retest date? Wondering how long they give u to prepare for the retest?

I just went into my bookings and it allowed me to book a date and time if ot doesn't appear for you I would send off a load of emails

Can arrive in your sports gear. Everyone on mine did. You could alternatively change if you wanted, but why bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dean505

anyone know how long the rescheduling batch for interview would be my internet went halfway through my initial interview I’m thinking about going travelling for a bit and unsure how long I’d be waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 lee03united

would anyone be able to tell me I had my interview 2 weeks ago I’m in Batch 3 1014 on merit when do I get the results or how long does it take ?

Advertisement