Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Imagine coming out with a statement like "We have an extreme, cruel and vicious approach to keeping people out, which results in dead adults and children."… so you are essentially accusing the state of terrorism and murder.

As for keeping people out - yes, its an island, with a supposed border, that is how these things are supposed to work. I can provide a link explaining this if needed 😜

You argue for people being allowed to claim asylum in whatever country they choose. To do that they have to get here. Until they make the claim they not considered an asylum seeker and are just an ordinary person - requiring documentation and visas and following international law. Do you suggest the state engages in people trafficking and illegally move people around the globe for the purpose of getting around these laws?

Should we perhaps offload the processing to a third country - you know save them from our cruel and vicious approach?? Oh no wait, you do not like that approach either. 🤔

Its all becoming a little bit laughable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Well apparently the current figures are 30k per year (which we saw coming when O'Gorman said 15k - he lies) - and we have no resources for that so it may not be an exact figure but "fewer than are coming in now".

Your " lovely " posts reenergised me 🙄 Well done you again!

Also no-one poster should be left to face such a pile on alone

@MegamanBoo

Happy not to as long as you don't refer to or about me again

Or try to draw irrelevant strawman into the discussion

Oh and I reserve the right to reply where I see fitting especially where one is just piling and sniping on others ..so make of that what you will !

I would suggest not engaging if you find the discussion difficult .

There has been no fight from my side just civil debate.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 43 boredyooser

Accusations of racism, are all the far left leaning types have to offer when faced with unpalatable facts or things which challenge their utopian worldview.

The post may be unpalatable to you, but you are welcome to show me the " Racism " in the statistics and realities I have referred to.

The accusations of " Racism " has been used to silence the most reasonable of voices, to smear those with genuine concerns about changes in their society that affect them. It's no longer working, because screaming " Racism " at something you don't like has become so overused and meaningless, that it is like the boy who cried wolf. It no longer works. People are seeing through the tactic, and the damage it has cone ( for example the grooming scandals in the UK )

Here is an article from the British Newspaper The Observer, from September 2000:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/sep/03/race.world

" In Britain the number of ethnic minority citizens has risen from a few tens of thousands in the 1950s, to more than 3 million - or around 6 per cent of the total population. While the number of whites is virtually static, higher fertility and net immigration means the number from ethnic minorities is growing by 2 to 3 per cent a year.

One demographer, who didn't want to be named for fear of being called racist, said: 'It's a matter of pure arithmetic that, if nothing else happens, non-Euro peans will become a majority and whites a minority in the UK. That would probably be the first time an indigenous population has voluntarily become a minority in its historic homeland.'

Lee Jasper, race relations adviser to the Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, predicted a similar future, telling The Observer : 'Where America goes, Europe follows 30 years later. There is a potential for whites to become a minority in some European countries.'

In Britain, that is almost certain to happen in London, and in the relatively near future. 'At the moment ethnic minorities are about 40 per cent in London. The demographics show that white people in London will become a minority by 2010,' said Jasper. 'We could have a majority black Britain by the turn of the century.' "

For decades, academics, sociologists, politicians, media correspondents have been e wary of stating the obvious, becuause they have been cowed in fear of the irrational screeches of waycism, which true or not, taint. Like how the RTE and other media sources are selective when giving descriptions of suspects; On some occasions they will report that " Guards are seeking a 5 10 man with ginger hair and freckles with a Dublin accent ". On other occasions they will report that " the Guards are seeking a man wearing a blue jacket ". People are waking up to ask why the media and other organisations appear fearful of some factual occourances rather than others.

People are no longer scared of being called racist for stating the truth. The truth is not subject to ideologies. Just because somebody personally does not like it, does not mean it is " racist ". Of course the tactic has moved onto " triggering " and " safe spaces " and " problematic " smears.

And the truth about seismic changes in Irish society, politics and more needs to be discussed and it will be. Shouting racism no longer works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

I really don't get what your talking about with the state engaging in people trafficking, that's pretty out there stuff.

The state can chose to not require visas, or not to require them until the point of entry, if it so wishes without people trafficking.

I've no opposition to offshore processing in theory. Good luck with it solving our problems, or getting it to work.

Now that I've yet again answered your questions, will you please answer mine and tell us how you propose these 'mass deportations' will work?

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 43 boredyooser

Lee Jasper was brave enough to publically comment.

But then again, he is of African and Afro Jamaican descent.

I use the word Afro Jamaican rather than Jamaican or Caribbean, because that would be misleading, because whilst most people will automatically think of " " Carribean People " as " Black People ", the reality is that the original Carribeans a a prime example of a peoples that had their culture diluted, became a minority in their ancestral landmasses and were eventually replaced. Clearly that was racist. The " right " sort of bad racism to call out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Ignore function works wonders, more posters need to use it.

Thanks for that , you are so nice as usual /s

Already have but when someone else quotes the post you see it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

They don't like the Irish flag either, it's become a symbol of disdain to them much like the UJ in the UK …..you see it hinted at in a number of posts from them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I kinda agree on the flag, not that i dislike it, i dislike the people that are waving at these protests. For me the national flag should be just used for national eventsor supporting national teams and not for protests. They can bring their own organisations flags just not the country's flag.

I think you are mistaken @ damien360 .

But I suppose we " all look the same , " us lefties /s

The incendiary posts are not coming from me btw .Unless an incendiary post is one disagreeing with a racist narrative and giving one's own opinion now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭nachouser

Yeah, there's a problem with people showing up without passports, which is largely thanks to the situation in the Ukraine and with the UK promoting their Rwanda "plan". But, with that being nixed by Labour I would expect to see the numbers coming here reduce significantly over time. 30k a year certainly isn't sustainable but I would expect to see those numbers reducing. The last couple of years have really been outliers. Harris and co seem to be trying to clamp down on things. We're still going to have a problem with the numbers we currently have here, but we'd probably have more or less the same infrastructural problems if that 30k were extra visa applicants who were approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

The EU and Ireland by extension need carrot & stick policies.

Practical help in the home states of these migrants, to help them work and live there.

Combined with rigid immigration policies based on needs and visas. Labour needs should first be met within the EU and only if exhausted should work visas be issued. Combined with speedy & robust systems for deportation of illegals.

It that all across the board, why is it fine to raise another's flag in protest but not your own

• Registered Users Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Roderic on Prime time.

Of course they have started trying to pull the strings with a man fleeing ISIS from Somalia.

They just don’t get it. We aren’t stupid.

This chap was smuggled to Turkey first then Ireland.

Why wasn’t he claiming asylum in Turkey?????

• Registered Users Posts: 54,262 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My god i'm screaming at the tv, why are they talking about accommodation instead of actually saying the vast majority of these illegals shouldnt be in the country

Where was this talk about homeless Irish

I absolutely despise RTE coverage

• Advertisement

Roderic I look forward to the general election when his party is going to be destroyed and he'll be the shortish Green Leader ever

What an absolute shambles that interview with Roderic, it's an embarrassment to the few TV license payers left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

In fairness she had him squirming.

So according to Roderic its brand new modular homes for these chancers and hotel rooms and hostels for our Irish homeless.

What a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

That's the hardest interview the plonker got to date. I could just about hear the pee running down his leg - Sarah was cruising along at about 35% of her skewering ability

Govt mustn't have sent the cheque over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Nope. Not making up anything. Here's one post where you suggest it.

You claimed we have "ferries available" and should use them to go pick up asylum seekers and bring them here (funded by ourselves I'm assuming!).

So we have 30,000 + asylum seekers arriving per year via safe countries and you're claiming we should be sorting out an international taxi service to up that number exponentially.

You accusing people of being unrealistic when they suggest tightening borders yet somehow you think it's realistic to suggest that we drastically increase the number of undocumented arrivals and also provide accommodation and services to them all despite the fact that we've already thousands on streets and in tents.

Look at the rubbish you're coming out with. We can't even get it together to put 1000 in tents in Thornton Hall FFS!

"ferries available to ship them in" 😂

Wouldnt take much to see that man squirm and I'm shocked he actually showed up as he normally mysteriously goes missing….

Thought it was dreadful interview myself all about accommodation instead of actually asking good old Roderic about economic migrates, how come this people come to Ireland from safe countries, how come his department doesnt communicate to locals about forcing these illegals on local communities

The list goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭mistersifter

O'Gorman reading this getting ideas now - drafting new legislation to take over Irish Ferries and Stena Line. 😂

Oh god .

He is the elected leader of one of the parties in government and he cannot stand over his numbers , timelines or projections in any of the areas which his ministry has control over .

" Noone is left without an offer of accommodation "!?!

Anyone want to put forward someone else we should blame for the asylum situation ?

Incompetent or just a brazen faced liar .. wtf ,?!

• Advertisement

Advertisement