Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Off topic o know but just curious

@tonyh isn’t gomo mobile cheaper than eir ? I’m paying €9.99 with Gomo

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

It's 15 for folks now i think, we got an early deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

so what you're saying is you stayed with the company that has terrible customer service, tried to fleece you, lied to you about going to other providers and then still only gave you the service that others give without all those shenanigans….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

exactly , except with the mobile phone included im paying a lot less than I was , to get the cheaper rate from pure telecom I would have to get connected through open eir ,pure on nbi are 45 for 500MB , im on nbi at the moment , so it was easier for me to do a deal with the devil rather than have a whole new connection , they're a shower of gangsters but the service was faultless for the last two years .

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭gillamandango

Finally switched over Myself (FTTC) and the Mothers house (FTTH) to Eir from Vodafone today. I had a fault with Vodafone since Jan this year and I am still waiting for an engineer to come out with a router. I am not joking. I hooked up my own one since the issue but they have the fault still open and the last time I called 2 months ago they were still looking into scheduling an engineer. So as bad as Eir may be, Vodafone have given them a run for their money since they farmed out any engineer visits to CIRCNET. I'll take my chances with Eir - €34.99pm for 500mb and 2 mobiles @ €10 each. Same for FTTH on 500mb, €34.99pm. Both have the €100 cash back after 2nd or 3rd bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 dubbegoode

I thought I'd add this here as I thought it rather amusing!
    My sky account (TV & broadband) is up for renewal as you know you can do this on line - it was rather expensive (88.30) So I thought I'd ring them; they offered me the better deal of 98€!! Priceless.

Looks like I will be moving, thanks for all the advice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

My 12 month contract with sky broadband is up and the price has jumped from €30 to €65, rang them today and best they would offer is €45 so I cancelled. Plenty of better options out there

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Mine was similar but they offered me 40e. Said no when Virgin have 35e plus one for all voucher of 100. Also didn't realise I didn't have to give 31 days notice if moving by doing UAN transfer.

Yeah I just used my uan number and switched to eir, €35 a month and €100 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My Sky package is up too (bb and TV). So I can switch supplier without penalty or delay if I use the UAN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Do people ever consider mobile broadband (5g) options?

I see that Three are doing a 24 month deal on Three+ at 20e a month for 12 months and then 40e (+cpi) for the following 12 months.

Alternatively buy a 5g router (e.g. on CEX/Adverts etc for <200e) and use an unlimited data mobile sim for 10e/15e pm. You can use the comreg coverage map to see who is the best signal provider in your area.

I'm in a semi rural area, using 5g and getting 170 mb which is plenty for what I need. Including purchase of my own unlocked router, costs 22e pm over a comparative 24 month period.

Out of Interest, is there ever any downtime due to external factors i.e. weather/trees/etc

Yep just give your uan number to your new supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

does this uan transfer apply to all providers ?

im on virgin but want to move to eir. can i avoid VM cancellation fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Coming to an end with eir. Has anyone been able to get the new customer rates and discount by staying with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

I have been doing this for the last 18 months - I still have the 3 hero plan deal - 15e/month all you can eat data. Like you, pretty rural, quite close to a 5G mast. Bought my own 5G modem - works great, runs tv's ,cameras, I even have a bridge out to the shed's outside. I will stay with it as long as I can - and to the poster who asked, the only downtime I have had is powercuts - and that would affect you if you had cable as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Very similar - 15e hero plan with Three, no signal issues in bad weather etc, v reliable service

Have a set of 3 eeros, one in the attic connected to a network switch, router and eero on the landing, another eero downstairs. Over 100mb in every part of the house.

Have had no billing issues in over 4 years (4g plan, then moved to a 5g plan). 30 day sim plan, so no long contract issues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Afaik it needs to be the same service eg Siro to Siro. If you're moving Siro to openeir ftth it can cause issues as both services could keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Where do you get the €100 one for all voucher offer? I don't see it on Virgin's website.

• Advertisement

All went live with EIR this morning. Vodafone went off 9am, EIR was up and connected by 9.10am.

Only issue I have, in this modern age, is that it is going to take 3-10 days to port the landline phone number. Old tech was the issue their end they say. Hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Surprising, my €30/m Sky broadband (1st year I had FTTH) expired earlier this year but they sent me an email a month prior saying they'd roll the contract to €35/m (no fixed one year contract) so was happy enough at that to avoid the hassle of changing. Been paying €35/m since and no notifications of any increase.

Thats very good. I got the email but it only offered me €60 pm but I am fttc or whatever the crappy 60mbps one is called! The fancy one still isn't available in my area for some reason. Received the eir modem in the post today and due to go active in 2 days so sky have said they'll refund whatever I'm owed for this month. Not sure how true that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Ive got a complicated contract with Eir looking for advice please. I have EIR BB, TV and 4 family members mobiles with Eir. When I checked the conact the BB, TV and 2 phones 12 months contract expires in early August. The other two phones contracts are staggered and end in the Autumn. How do I negotiate my stuff that is out of contract in August I don't want to get robbed with a high bill?

Post edited by IrishHomer on

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Its bonkers.ie. However I mentioned this to virgin rep and after bit of negotiation he said if I signed up today he would give me one for all voucher.

Adding to this - Landline went live this morning, so just 24hrs after Broadband activation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm the same the best they could offer me was €86.

bye bye sky

Advertisement