Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - BusConnects

Options
1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The liffey Valley route is one of the least technically challenging. It has no major structures and they can put the mount brown bus gate in first and slash journey times on G buses in the first few weeks of works.

The Finglas/Ballymun route has the cycle bridge over the canal and the underpass under the NCR. So quite challenging from a structures point of view. Also this presents huge challenges in terms of interface with DART+West and Metrolink. If all three were under construction at the same time Crossguns bridge would be a complete sh1tshow.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

On the one hand, I think they should prioritise the Swords Road, given the issues at Dublin Airport, with the passenger cap and it being of national strategic importance.

On the other hand, they probably don't want to do it until Metrolink starts construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

The Clongriffin corridor should be pretty easy to do, a fair bit of the work at either end will be done before it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I wonder when the south side of the city will get any attention? 😅

Only Blackrock has planning permission and that's stuck in the courts. Assuming that the others get planning permission, I would say the preference will be for Bray and Rathfarnham.

• Advertisement

Is black rock the one with the JR stuck to it?
    Anytime frame on when the JR starts and how long it will be before a decision is made?
    Also if the JR decides the QBC can go ahead- can there be any more possible stumbling blocks to commencing construction?

Yes its blackrock and clongriffin going to JR. There's no waybof knowing a timescale, it's a dark art. There are no other stumbling blocks after that though unless they go to the European court of hunan rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Sadly, I think a lot of "well to do" areas will continue to block, with their deep pockets, many PT infrastructure upgrades. We have seen this with the Southside conversion of the Green line to metro and removal of level crossing on the southside DART. You can be sure this will happen with Bus Connects through such areas.

What baffles me is, these transport improvements will actually add value to such areas just like the DART did 40 years ago.

I'm honestly fine with it. The north and west of the city can have good bus service, metro, reliable frequent DART and better walkability/cyclability. The decrepit friends of judges can have the status quo.

That’s a fairly ridiculous comment tbh.
    Just because someone lives on the Southside doesn’t mean they are against quality PT.

Very simplistic comment from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I think a lot of objections are from people (some retired/elderly) who know these things will improve society, but who don’t want the disruption while they’re alive.

Rising house prices is only of real benefit to landlords.

Advertisement