Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,589 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Final Card for tonights Forbidden Door.

• AEW World Championship: Swerve Strickland (c) vs. Will Ospreay
    • IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Jon Moxley (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
    • Winner Takes All: AEW TBS Champion Mercedes Moné vs. NJPW STRONG Women's Champion Stephanie Vaquer
    • AEW Women's Championship: "Timeless" Toni Storm (c) vs. Mina Shirakawa
    • Owen Hart Cup Tournament: Bryan Danielson vs. Shingo Takagi
    • AEW TNT Championship – Ladder Match: Jack Perry vs. Lio Rush vs. El Phantasmo vs. Dante Martin vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Konosuke Takeshita
    • The Elite vs. The Acclaimed and Hiroshi Tanahashi
    • MJF vs. Hechicero
    • Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Orange Cassidy
    • Chris Jericho, Big Bill, and Jeff Cobb vs. Samoa Joe, Hook, and Katsuyori Shibata
    • Zero Hour: Los Ingobernables de Japon vs. Lucha Brothers and Místico
    • Zero Hour – Owen Hart Cup Tournament: Mariah May vs. Saraya
    • Zero Hour: Kris Statlander and Momo Watanabe vs. Willow Nightingale and Tam Nakano

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Riho/Deeb for one of next week's shows? Riho must be one of the most returning wrestlers in AEW. Seems Visa issues kept her away this time.

Hangman return soon?

I'd say Jack Perry is winning.

Damn AEW never let a wrestling fan down when it comes to PPV’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Swerve and Osprey both at the top of their game. That was something special. Takeshita is so good and that's one of the best table spots I've seen in years. He deserves better overall, proper main event potential there.

I guess they have to turn Sasha heel now with the reaction she was getting and the return of Britt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So how does the feud between Britt and Sasha work now? Does Britt do the job after just making her big return, or does Sasha do the job and lose her championship? Would they be willing to let Sasha take the loss to give Britt some needed momentum, or would they be afraid of making her look too weak in defeat. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Tony is obsessed with Mone, no way is Britt getting a win IMO, mone probably has it in her contract to hold all the women's titles at once

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mone is the "highest paid women's wrestler ever", has her own personal writer and she said over the weekend that she has creative control.

So, good luck Britt.

When has giving a wrestler creative control ever worked out well?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

SRS on Twitter…

Fightful Select has learned that the AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door main event came about because Will Ospreay wanted to eliminate the talking point of Swerve being a placeholder for him until All In. 

He wanted to lead by example that anyone should be good losing to the world champion, as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My God that was some main event. It just blew me away. These 2 guys are the best in the world at what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ThePott

Awesome Dynamite.

Hangman back as a murderous heel with eyes only for Swerve is interesting especially not him aligning with the Elite. MJF turning heel is for the best too, I don't really get the hype for Garcia but that was a brutal beatdown and the crowd did turn on MJF at the end. He plays best as a heel so why not. Speaking of playing better as heel, Mercedes is finally heel. Enjoyed the segment between her and Britt and them against each other in Wembley is totally the match.

I think in general, the womens division is much better than it was a few months back. Willow still makes for a great face. Having Mariah win could be a great story for Wembley too.

Dynamite is on an upswing for me so hope that they can keep the momentum going.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea agree a really solid dynamite (minus Jericho's crap).

I'm guessing with mjf back heel which I agree is best, there is no finish to him and Cole (obviously Cole isn't cleared yet anyways) but that beat down was great and the crowd were loud. Kinda knew something was happening when they advertised mjf to open Collison but him vs Osprey will be unreal at all in.

New version of hangman is great and I hope they keep him as a lone wolf type where he doesn't have allegiance to anyone and they really got the crowd cheering for Jarret in 2024 but great match.

Britt vs Mercedes will be decent and glad Mercedes is heel, i wonder will they have Hayter return after the match at all in as it would be some pop. As mentioned womens division is definitely improving and getting some good storylines.

Ricochet as the final elite team member?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭ebbsy

MJF / Ospreay…….

will be one for the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes what now for Adam Cole with MJF gone heel when healed returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭SteM

Lads seem to turn so often in AEW, MJF could have turned and be working as a face before Cole returns.

Mariah May really has been an MVP since she signed and will be well deserving of her moment at All In.

I think Jack Perry just killed Marko Stunt!

Didn't know who that was that told Christian he lost his father until one of the commentators said it was Kip Sabian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Has there been any update on Adam Cole? He must have really done some damage to his ankle. Considering they were saying MJF was expected to be absent for a long time to get surgery and rehab and then he gets back before Cole.

• Advertisement

Nigel is here, he is going to do it isn’t he!

No No No he didn’t.

Yes Yes Yes The American Dragon to win the title at All In.

So so happy for Mariah May and a brilliant turn on Toni.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

that heel turn was incredible, and the final shots of a bloody Toni were chilling. Made May look like an absolute monster.

card for All In looks insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Finally a proper feud for the AEW Women's Championship. Only took 9 months. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see the bucks getting hangman into the world title match after blood and guts to make it a triple threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ThePott

Danielson getting the title in Wembley (hopefully) would be a great moment.

Mariah looked a beast with that turn, excellently executed. This is what was needed for the title at All In.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Triple Threat matches don't exist in AEW. That's WWE terminology

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

Was so pissed off with the dead crowd that I went online to see what others were saying about the atmosphere and walked into the Mariah spoiler…more fool me.

A poor crowd just sucks the life out of a show and once Ospreay was met with crickets in the opening segment I knew we were in big trouble.

Hangman v Danielson was a banger and deserved better than that poor crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I jumped for joy to see Danielson headline All In. What a way to end a full-time active pro wrestler career. My only disappointment I wont be there to see it but I'm content.

I went to the first All In and boy that was some experience but I wouldn't do it again.

Advertisement