Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options
1178179180181182184»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Gave KayakVR a go. Pretty, but boring. Can't really do much other than glide around. It has the Kayak controls on point, and my arms get just as tired as actual kayaking, but there's little reason to go back imo.

I also purchased the Globular Cluster CMP2 Comfortable Mod as an hour on Beat Saber the other night was tough, so anything to make me be able to play it for longer without having to take a break would be great. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

Some VR games in the Steam Sale not currently On PSVR2:

Half-Life: Alyx 20.05 (66% off) 98% positive reviews

Boneworks 23.19 (20% off) 92% positive reviews

Into The Radius VR 17.39 (40% off) 94% positive reviews

Underdogs 21.74 (25% off) 97% positive reviews

Post edited by jj880 on

Tempting price on Alyx, but I still feel like I should wait until it's actually out on PC and confirmed working. I'm sure Alyx will go on sale again.

For sure they will all go on sale again. Theres usually a similar Halloween Steam sale.

I hadnt heard of Underdogs myself. Getting some great reviews.

I dunno, the way the characters talk (that blud type UK speak) really grates on me. Grand in a film when it's usually just a few characters, but the main character is already grating on me… Not sure would it have legs for me either, think I'd get bored fairly quick. Will keep an eye on it though, get it when it drops to a fiver or something.

• Advertisement

Yeah not a fan of that myself either. Bit surprising. Cant see the yanks going for that kind of chat unless there's a game option to change it. Just fired up HL Alyx again myself this morning. Thats me for the weekend. It just sucks you in with the physics and how it looks.

In other PSVR2 news I see Sony have a patent in to play media cues into the headset based on real-world location. Sounds pretty cool if it makes it as a feature:

The media cue is placed in the VR scene in such a way that its virtual location matches the real-world location of the sound-producing object. For example, if someone speaks to the user’s right in the real world, the VR system generates a corresponding cue on the user’s right in the virtual world.

https://respawnfirst.com/despite-reports-of-funding-cuts-sony-is-working-on-vr-audio-tech/

Could be good if anyone missing superhot.

SO my Globular Cluster arrived. Fairly straight forward to install, remove the OG back and front headbands (unclipping plastic clips will never sound right), and replace with the new ones. Choice of 3 for both front and back, and they can be quickly swapped because velcro! The attachment stays on the headset but you can easily swap out the soft bit.

Anyway, it definitely improves it. After an hour of Beat Saber, I had no usual pain in the forehead from the weight/positioning. So it definitely helps with that. I recommend one if you play it a lot and find it moves quite a bit so you keep losing the sweet spot. It still moves, just not as much or often. It definitely still moves if you whack yourself in the face.

I also picked up Ancient Dungeon VR for the craic. I figured out the controls, turned off all movement assists (because using them can lead to you requiring them, or so I've heard). Managed to get through the first level and thankfully you can save in between areas on runs, because the motion sickness got me. Hasn't happened for a while, but then again I've basically being ignoring full movement VR games, due to space issues and previous experience of motion sickness. Seems like a good game though!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Wanderer coming October 31st.

Metro Awakening update.

Frenzies from Synapse/Fracked developer nDreams announced and coming this year.

Synapse was amazing and this looks like a multiplayer version without the telekinesis so I'm in day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sorry if this is in the wrong place

Does anyone know how to go about ordering the PCVR adaptor?

Pretty sure Sony direct only works in the UK and Smyth's dont seem to have it up yet

Would rather get it in Smyth's if possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Was wondering the same thing!

I've added a PS5 to my cart on the Portugal site and shows free delivery but can't change the country. Hopefully we are not just left with eBay marked up options.

Not sure if retailers will have this adapter...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The free games recently have done a good job at getting me to use this. For the first time in donkeys, it's been out all week. The kids are mad about Synth Riders and that Star Wars game. It has been great fun sharing it around and playing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

May have to ask my mate in Spain to order one

You never know though, could randomly appear on Smyth's on the day so may hold out until then

It's not even on Amazon like!

I've banged an email off to PS Ireland, asked them if Direct is available in Ireland and if so how to access it, and if not how do we buy the adapter. Will post a reply once received.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Expansion happening for no man's sky, which is, along with Gt7, one of the best psvr2 ports

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Spent more time in it on Friday than I've done in ages. That was mainly in the trial for puzzling places. That's the first time I've really felt like this is like nothing I've played before. A simple 3d jigsaw but still really cool.

Played some more walking dead and tried resident evil 4. Then played some of that drum game. That got me down the track of rock Smith. While not VR I spent the rest of the night playing guitar

And the reply:

The PlayStation VR2 PC adapte will be available from select retailers and direct.playstation.com where available.

Please check with your local retailers as regards the availability for purchase of PlayStation VR2 PC adapter. 

…..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Stilt is down to 1.99e from 20e.

Cant really say no to that.

Advertisement