Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost for new Front Door

Options
  • 25-09-2023 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi - I would be grateful for some guidance. I need to replace a front door (with 2 side panels) and have received a rough quote (before measures etc.) of €4,500 including installation. This seems expensive but I know costs are high at the moment. It seemingly includes a 35% discount.

Does this sound reasonable? A number of companies mentioned bespoke doors but I hope the opening in front is a standard size. I would be grateful for any info or recommendations.

Thanks

Dee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sounds high, I looked at palladio doors with 2 sidelights a couple of months ago and was quoted from 2500 to 3000. Depends on the size

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

stick up the spec of the door as there are a lot of variables, not just the door but hardware: eg locks hinges etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Does the internal frame need to be replaced? are you looking at composite doors?

We god a new Accoya wood front door earlier this year - cost €8,000. - its a large door on a 1940's house, fanlight etc had to be replaced.

Front doors are expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Good front doors are expensive, who made the door?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brehede

Thanks very much for the responses - sounds like it is roughly in line. I don't have a detailed quote yet, this was an estimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

I think 4500 is expensive. I had a palladio composite door with two side panels installed for 3000, recently.

You don't say where you are. My guy is in Meath but have seen him around North Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brehede

Hi - thanks for the response, I am in North Dublin. I would be grateful if you could PM your supplier? I am looking for the same set-up, with 2 side panels. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Scoopsire

Would you mind share the details with me via pm please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Crumlin windows and doors have just done my home and done my other home 4 years ago. They are very competitive with pricing and the work is top quality. Thats my house there that I have just completely renovated.  085 128 7341 is the number. Jonathan is his name and he's a gentleman.

My neighbours got another company called acorn and they made a balls of their door. 100mm short each side. They stuck slips on the side of it and it was rough as a bears arse. Jonathan felt sorry for them and fixed their door for free. Not many like that around any more. Be very careful with window guys as there are complete cowboys out there and the difference in quality is night and day with different companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Just a tip for people considering getting a new front door or back door indeed, with steps up to their door.

The steps in my house had to be redone as they didn’t take water away from the house - this was done after I got a new door fitted as the company who installed the door didnt ensure or highlight that the fitting at the bottom of the door frame wasn’t supported enough to support the door frame- so in very hot weather the frame expanded meaning the door wasn’t closing smoothly -

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Looking for quotes on a new front door in Kilkenny- had one in already and want to know if this is about right.

"....new composite front door. Without knowing your exact requirements, I have chosen a popular door model for you with typical hardware choices. If you were to opt for the door in the above attachment, please budget €2900 Incl VAT (Supplied & Fitted)"

Can anyone guide me and/or point me to suppliers in Kilkenny area they've used? Seems like a lot of money but as said here front doors are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saroj

Hi, did you manage to get your door sorted at the end? I am curious to know as I am looking to get my door replaced and your description of the door exactly matches my need. Could you please PM the supplier you went ahead with if you have it sorted. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

How many hinges come as standard on the Palladio composite front doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Got a new Palladio door fitted. How tight should seal be? I can get note in a gap at top

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is it possible or environmentally sensible to get an old fashioned wooden front door these days? I have to say that I hate the look of those composite doors.

we got one last year; old 1940’s house. The glass was removed from the old one and restored. The door company did a great job - cost €8 k. Though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thanks, though that kind of cost would be beyond my budget.

Can you mention the company? Was there any discussion of energy ratings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jboy9000

@GAAcailin could you mention the name of the company please

• Advertisement

hi,

Apologies- are we allowed on Boards?!

It’s ’the Period Door company’

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Got 2 new Palladio doors for front and back of house, 3640 all in for both, have a gold doctor knocker, knob and handle on front with same minus the knocker on back, front has no glass, back has a small 6 pane rectangle, company I used were fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Anny chance you could name the company? I'm in the market for a front and back door, thanks.

Advertisement