Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Rapporteur for action plan against racism announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If the title was flipped and you had "how to have constructive conversations about race with black people" ... how would that fly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Exactly, she would have a lot to say about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭giseva

She needed to add ".....in their own country" to the title!

She's very much a do as I say not as I do type person.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

She's Ireland's equivalent Diane Abbott and will be equally gaffe prone.

And of course there's no slavery in Nigeria. I really like this particular point of hers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭archfi

No, what you'll have is more newly created paid positions in every business and institution filled with people just like Joseph and I don't mean 'like' as in skin colour, although I'm sure she will kick up a fuss if that isn't the case.

It's in the actual 'National Plan' - the govt parties approved it with the veneer of an 'independent' body (full of people just like Joseph - ie, critical race theorists)

Post edited by archfi on

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I honestly cannot get my head around why anyone would support her dangerous nonsense, or worse, fund it.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

Ethnomasochism, white knighting, virtue signalling, countering their own racist feelings or just sowing discord who knows? Maybe a bit of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Diversity Officers have been a thing in US based multinationals for a few years now.

I know there's one somewhere in my company, but beyond a few emails being popped around a few times a year I'm not sure what they actually do.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Joebrosaysno

It is actually quite dangerous to have these "blow ins" capture the public office. I myself am a "blow in" and am literally amazed at how "tolerant" this country is with everyone but the actual people who are born and bred here attempt to tell the Irish how to run their country.

If you go to any of the countries where many of us "blow ins" come from and tell the populace how to run their country I can assure you there would be no "hate speech" laws either to save you from the verbal and possibly (from where I came from) worse onslaught that would come from many of the native population.

Are the Irish blind as to how dangerous this experiment actually is?

There should be no preference given to anyone apart from merit based selection linked to qualification, suitability etc. I have seen how "quota" systems work. Basically whoever outbreeds the other takes over parliament and dictates to the minority who generate the taxes for them to squander.

I hate any forms of racism or intolerance and have experienced it first hand at the hands of an "oppressed" majority and have uprooted my family to escape from it. These "permanent" victims are literally a G-D send for marxist social planners.

“Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small. In my
    study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose
    of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform,
    but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the
    better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being
    told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat
    the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity.
    To assent to obvious lies is in some small way to become evil oneself.
    One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A
    society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine
    political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.”

-Theodore Dalrymple

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The clowns in FF and FG will row in behind this as well.

And don't get me started on Lab, Soc Dems, SF and PBP who will be agreeing with every word that comes out of her mouth.

It's big business for her and her kind (race baiters that is, not a gotcha moment if you're reading this Ebun). If there was no money in it they'd not be as vocal.

Add that to a weak government and some in society afraid of their lives to be accused of anything by non-Irish people, but happy to ignore questions or objections that those in non-agreement may have (all those are racists apparently).

But it boils down to the simple fact that a systematically racist country simply wouldn't give her the lifestyle which she has enjoyed at the expense of all the racists/tax payers in it, so it's all bullsh1t.

I'd personally like to put that to the good Dr.

For such a racist kip she has done extremely well 🤔

Common sense needs to prevail. Yes everyone should have opportunities, and skin colour shouldn't dictate that, though it's ok except when you're white.

Dangerous, racist idiots and permanent victims aren't the answer.

Additionally, DEI/EDI is the biggest crock of **** going.

Post edited by giseva on

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

It is genuinely hilarious this guy said a single sentence about racists and you decided to write this entire fanfiction.

You've "no doubt" he's offended by the triclolour? Based on what? The two other things you said completely made up as well.

You're Shadowboxing with scarecrows

Is it though? A raving lunatic, EJ, labels anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly support her as racist, and even if they do, if they're white, they're racist by default.

And a user on this, known for their carry on, also labels other users giving their opinion about the appointment, as racist.

That's what's genuinely hilarious. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Honestly never heard of this woman before this thread appeared, but from reading she seems to be this side of the ponds Imarn Ayton ….'Activist Motivational Speaker Philosopher: Cynicism, Pragmatism, Liberalism feminist, Critical Theory, Virtue Ethics, Spirituality'

aka absolute whopper, but for whatever reason given a platform or in this one's case a position ….oh the joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I can see her try to bring in a lot of the nonsense that is plaguing American businesses, schools and other where men and white people are told how awful they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

I don't see Ireland going the US or even the UK way with the anti white racism, simply because there is no real justification for it and no history of blacks being oppressed here. In anything, well-off nigerians like herself are much more likely to have a history of slave traders in their family than any white living here. Even if there are some feeble attempts now from race baiters like this Ireland hating Nigerian and even some Irish people siding up with GN and his "lovely" family, but in the near future the new generation will be like get the fk out with your lies, there is no institutional racism in Ireland, we went to school together, you had the same opportunity like everyone else, your failure is your fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joebrosaysno

Yes and it's dangerous when a loud minority start to literally dictate to a silent majority in a country that suffered terrible oppression and discrimination. It rubs people up the wrong way especially when these people can seemingly say and do as they please and you are labelled a "racist" if you have any issue with it. Recently I listened to people from zimbabwae praise the genocidal rantings of the EFF in SA and Mugabes destructive actions in Zim so racism goes both ways yet that is overlooked and needs to change immeadiately to stop any resentment between people.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Greengrass53

You can read it yourself. There are none so blind…...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I've had the misfortune to work with "Dr" Joseph (it was effectively awarded, rather than earned and so garners to respect from me) - and she is deeply entrenched in victimhood.

I am tracing my family tree and showed off two branches going back to the 1800s - I was so happy! "Typical of you people, there's no diversity". In 19th century Ireland ???

She is a grifter pure and simple and whilst I absolutely agree that we could do more to combat racism - of all kinds - she is not the answer.

Only she could argue that although colonised for centuries we still benefitted from slavery merely for being white. A horrific person and shocking to see her near Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Was this in UCD by any chance?

I also know somebody who has had the "pleasure" of collaborating with the good doctor, albeit on a relatively short term venture. The verdict from this normally mild-mannered individual - "Never again".

It was as it goes - horrible, horrible person! She does her country a great disservice! I recall being told in the Guinness Storehouse that the largest consumer of Guinness in the world is Nigeria - there's apparently a huge love for us over there. She is ruining that!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭creeper1

What I don't want to see is enforced diversity quotas. 😡

I don't want any insistence that x% of staff need to be non white Irish. I think it's called affirmative action or some bs in America.

Jobs always need to go to the best candidate regardless of colour, religion or creed.

I am sure that there was great diversity in 19th century Nigeria too. For all her talk, she isn't very bright.

Not at all - tbh she had nothing but vitriol for Meghan Markle, for having the audacity to call herself "mixed race". That week of the wedding with Harry was a long one ….

It is backfiring spectacularly in the US - look at this from last year:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65792148

Absolutely nothing his family had, and he worked from scratch. Yet due to their quotas, a black student who may have had a life of wealth and privilege and best prep schools, would get his place.

Treating someone solely by their skin colour - how is that not the very definition of racism ???

The Dr. will see you now....ye big racist!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Needmoretea

I am not familiar with this person at all but from what I've read, she goes out of her way to be offended or find fault with her host country. Was the job advertised? What is it about? Were there a number of candidates?

Of course, racism is wrong and it does exist, but generally by and large people here are chilled and have a live and let live attitude to each other?

Many of us work or have worked with people from different backgrounds and countries. We get along with each other, we slag each other, joke and sometimes disagree. Children whose parents are from different backgrounds go to school and play together. Race is never an issue.

Of course people disagree or argue from time to time. That is human nature.

It's nice to see diversity in our society so the last thing we want is that we're all divided and labelled.

Sorry for long post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Is she not one of these chancers who were from wealthy families back in Nigeria who had the means and opportunity to transport themselves to Ireland before popping out a sprong in order to exploit our citizenship laws at the time?

Point being that if she was indeed from a wealthy family from that area of the world, it would actually be orders of magnitude higher probability that her ancestors profited directly from slavery than any Irish person reading this. And by "Irish" I mean person who had some great-great-grandparents that lived on this island. I'm not saying they did or they didn't - I can't know that - just that it would be more likely relative to the average Irish person.

Advertisement