Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crumlin to citywest

• 05-03-2006 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi, I live near Crumlin & I'm thinking of taking a job in citywest with Meteor.
    Up to now I have always managed to avoid buses, and cycled everywhere, but think this is a bit too far & dangerous to cycle, though if anyone else cycles there, I'd be interested in your views.
    Can anyone tell me how long it takes the 50 from Walkinstown roundabout to citywest ? I'd have to be in by 9. judging by DB timetables it looks like it's 30 mins, is this right ? And is it possible to get a seat at Walkinstown or is it always full.
    Does anyone know if the 50 stops near Meteor on Kingswood Avenue ?

Thanks for all answers in advance

Luke
    Post edited by LIGHTNING on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 0750 route 50 bus is due to return at 0900 from Citywest.

The other alternative is take the 77 to Tallaght and change to the 65B at The Square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Might have a chance off a job in Magna Drive, City West travelling from Walkinstown (Drimnagh Road). Reckon it be 77A and get off at Corbally Vale and then a 15 minute walk.

Probably an hour in total. Anybody do this trip on Bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

ive experience of it. don't know where your getting a 15 minute walk? 77a, S8 & 65B go right past magna drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Corbally Vale, stop 2575, Citywest is the stop it says to get off and then a 1.1km walk - 15 minutes aprox. That right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

I'd recommend getting the 27 - its a more frequent & direct route, albeit with a slightly longer walk - but you'll do that walk a bit faster in Jobstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

It's only 9k, it's pretty flat, roads are good

If you cycle everywhere this is a piece of piss

Like trying to do it by bus... Nightmare, by car just a bad dream

Bicycle nirvana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭StreetLight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Use google maps as it has live transport info.

The 77a takes a very circuitous route around Tallaght to get there.

Better option might be S4 to Kylemore LUAS and LUAS towards Saggart (or any tram to Belgard and change there) to Fortunestown and walk from there.

Alternatively, 27 to The Square and S8 from there.

Just to add - make sure to use a LEAP card and the fare will be €2 each way, regardless of how many changes that you make en route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paul_798

I assume the building you're trying to get to is 4032.( Or 4050 across the road.)

That building is at the extreme north east corner of the business park. The 69 bus goes nearby but the best option is probably to get the S4 to Kylemore and then get the Luas to Cheeverstown and walk about 15 mins from there.

The S8 bus terminus is near the building but the buses meander all around Citywest before getting to the terminus. The closest bus stops are 6002 & 6001.

Google Maps reckons it's about an hour from Crumlin to there at about 08:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Only problem is cycling up the Greenhills Road which I hate.

The OP is looking for Magna Drive, not Kingswood Avenue. I think you’ve got mixed up!

Those two bus stops you’re quoting are miles away from the entrance to Magna Drive - which is at the top end of Citywest Road, at the roundabout opposite Corbally Heath.

The S8 passes directly past that roundabout coming from Tallaght. Stops 2575 outbound and 4933 are the closest stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Go through Tymon instead, go n81 world is your oyster

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bike2wkr

You can cycle out the canal path from inchicore all way to that lucan bypass road. Take left there still cycle lane all the way to the N7 intersection. Across that cut through Kingswood and over to city west. Lovely cycle and 80 percent is cycling lane or tow path.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paul_798

Sorry I was replying to the original OP but I see now this is an 18 year old post which has been reactivated with a different question.

I used to work in Citywest driving from Crumlin.

I think that the best cycling route would be the road that was built alongside the Luas from Ballymount junction on M50 out to Citywest. Getting to Ballymount from Crumlin isn't great but Ballymount Road is a lot better than Greenhills Road. Turn off left towards the recycling centre and then right towards M50 I'd have thought is better than going up Ballymount Road as far as Tilestyle.

If you're taking public transport I'd still recommend S4 and Luas but to Fortunestown over buses via Tallaght. Most of the buses take quite roundabout routes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement