Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tours 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Thought there was a case there for England to kick that penalty over and try for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

Lack of replays of any key incidents

Although no lack of replays of that final maul 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Nervy win in the end. Hopefully Barret can take that form to Leinster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

NZ very lucky there.

For me always bound and then Barrett kills the ball at the try line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Yeah, i thought Barrett absolutely kills the ball.. did they even mention it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Jordie Barrett is joining Leinster.

You are confused.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

First offence is the obstruction. I doubt they would have looked at Barret because they rarely look at more than one thing and miss stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Missed the final decision but looked like Lawrence was obstructing George when the maul broke up to me. What was the call

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭FtD v2

England are a good side though and improving rapidly. They’ve found some really nice players like Feyi-Waboso, Freeman etc, have two good young out halves and have a style that suits them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Shehal

They could be up there with France as the 2nd best team in Europe behind Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Yeah, correct decision. I doubt Barret knew that when he took George down...If there wasn't the obstruction then I think it was a penalty try.. anyway, inconsequential now..

It's worth noting with England that they have lost 4 of their last 5 matches against tier 1 nations (unless you count Japan as Tier 1) and of those 5 matches 2 were against a transitional NZL side and 1 was against a France team that is in disarray.

England have shown potential of course but what's key now is not to get too carried away, the reality is on paper they are still well behind Ireland & France and still need to prove more and their players need to gain more experience in order to bridge the gap between them and the top 2 in the 6N.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I don't agree. I think they are currently very close to both Ireland and France.

They are on the way up, with an established coach and a progressing way of playing grounded in good basics. They're forming a selected squad with good young players coming through.

We on the other hand will be in a phase of change after today's game. Some older players will be phased out, change of focus at coaching level due to Farrell going to lions. France also are testing the squad depth with this disastrous tour, and haven't looked anywhere near their best since the world cup.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

Opening try from Australia was terrific.

Rain could ruin this, though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Reminder: England defeated Ireland in their last meeting.

No they aren't, I think a lot of fans are getting a little carried away with how much they've improved. An Ireland team way off their best and a France team in disarray they might have an argument for being close to, Ireland & France at their best are still far superior.

They could only be on the way up with how bad they were last year. Like I said I think you're getting a little carried away. Ireland & France have good young players coming through also, the key difference is they also have a strong core of experienced players to help tie things together, until England sort this out they will still be in both sides shadow.

The key difference you need to remember is Ireland & France already have a strong settled squad, so both sides can afford to mix and match now, England cant. Come the 6N when its a level playing field again.

The reality is the fact we are talking so positively about a team that lost 4 of their last 5 big matches kind of show's where our expectations are for them, whereas with Ireland for instance have lost 3 times in 24 matches and yet we are nowhere near as positive. Again, perspective is needed. Are England improving? Yes. Are they ready to challenge Ireland/France? more evidence is needed.

• Advertisement

Exactly, England at their best can potentially scrape a win against an Ireland team playing their worst rugby in about 2 years. Ireland at their best v England at their best = an Ireland win 8/9 times out of 10 realistically.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

Wow, Australia really can't defend a maul to save their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Wales can't defend restarts.

Second time in a row they've conceded a penalty for holding on in front of their own posts.

Evidence like England beating Ireland the last time they played, and losing by two points to France in France the last time they played?

I could certainly consider that evidence that they can currently challenge both Ireland and France.

As for your "4 out of 5" stats, it's probable that Ireland will be "3 out of 4" after today's game, according to the same metrics.

We're allowed too disagree with each other by the way, no need for the:

"The reality is the fact"

"What you need to remember"

"You're getting a little carried away"

Make your points without the implicit digs, they're not needed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

England are improving, Ireland are disimproving. There's little to nothing between them at this point.

Ireland will probably have lost 3 of their last 4 games by this evening. Which looks a lot closer to England's recent record than your silly little cherry-picked stats for each country.

Liam Williams is thoroughly unlikeable

Not a massive fan of music constantly being played during a match, but the DJ has played some great tunes during this Aussie match. Even a bit of Silverchair in there.

Wales done on a penalty the same way Ireland were last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Oh dear.

Wales just did an lreland Vs South Africa. Liam Williams did his best to keep an Australia penalty from finding touch. He managed to do it, but his teammate wasn't switched on/an opposition winger was and Oz had a 20 metre run in for a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

That was a real cheap try Wales gave away

Advertisement