Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Service History Issue

• 13-07-2024 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mikeoc85

Currently trading in our X5 and have an issue with service history.

We have the car 2 years and have full service history on the iDrive for this period. Garage we bought the car from the owner imported and had the car for 2 year and it was in immaculate condition, he has receipts for the service during this time.

What we're missing is initial 2 years of the car. It was imported to Ireland and there is no record on iDrive f any services for first 40,000 miles.

I'm assuming this will be a big issue when trading in and if s how can I rectify it? Any ideas? As it was a new X5 surely there is a service history somewhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Did you get the receipts when you were originally buying it? Receipts are worth more than the iDrive record as you can add that with a simple subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

Have you contacted BMW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any service history from a UK BMW dealer would normally have been logged in the car's idrive same as here. 40k miles would be well over the recommended service interval. It seems odd to have no main dealer service history for at least the first few years especially in the UK where most of these cars are leased under PCP and buyers opt for a service pack as part of the leasing/PCP. The service pack would normally work out cheaper than paying separately for each service and the service pack usually covers the first 5 years/62k miles of ownership I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mikeoc85

Yes I got the receipts for the 2 years from 2020-2022 when purchasing, have idrive from 2023-2024. What we're missing is 2018 and 2019 from when it was in the UK

This is my assumption too…can't imagine someone paying £80,000 for a brand new X5 and not getting it serviced once before selling. iDrive shows a record from when it was leaving the lot in Feb 2018 but nothing then until our first service in March 2023.

Not sure what our options are and if we call BMW the car would initially not have been registered with ur reg

• Advertisement

Who has serviced the car since you owned it?

Someone will know way more than me about this and I could well be wrong but from what I have heard when independent garages have software to input I drive services they essentially wipe the I drive service history and have to input every service in again including the one they have just done, maybe I someone tried to add a service record they screwed it up and didn't re add the prior services? Might be your issue

If this is the case if you have it serviced with BMW they will wipe the I drive history and reimport it from their servers so you will gain the original history back but any independent service's will be wiped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure how feasible it would be for someone to delete the service records from the car but as with all digital records anything is possible. The only reason I could see someone doing that is to hide the correct mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

Just contact BMW and get the service history? It will all be on record somewhere

Also, depending on the age and mileage of the car and what garage your trading it into, it might not even matter about the missing service history

the two garages I’ve spoken to it seems to be important to them.

The initial service from 2018 is on there so can’t imagine they would have deleted the ones after that but who knows

I might be missing something but reading your initial post did you buy this car knowing there was no service history for the first 2 years? Or did you check..

Your initial post just mentions that you bought it with receipts for the previous owners services but nothing about the prior services

• Advertisement

I didn’t check properly so it’s on me, we were told it was full service history but I didn’t check idrive or receipts to be completely honest so it’s ultimately my own fault

I wonder is there a chance it genuinely just wasn't serviced. Some people are just clueless about cars and don't give a crap.

Personally I would go looking for the car you want and say nothing when doing trade in, alot of garages probably won't even check or even if they do salesman might not even notice.

When I bought my last bike new from BMW the one I was trading in was a Ducati with a blown head gasket and it is an absolutely huge hr labour job with a 5k bill attached to fix, the bike had steam coming out of it when ridden for 5 mins. I said nothing

They didn't even ride the bike or ask for service history or care once they had a sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

If you buy from an independent garage can they show you what services are done or is it only main dealers who can access it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Just contact BMW UK and they'll tell you where/what services were logged there.

will try this? How will I reference the car as it will have a different reg now

The VIN number. You shouldn't even need to contact BMW in the UK just ring your local BMW dealer, they all have access to the same system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Chassis number or previous UK reg is on the logbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

Dealer who is servicing car should help you ?

Advertisement