Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options
1555556557558559561»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jeff is really one of the good ones

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That was a great turn and ending. I'm sure most people expected Toni to attack first at some point since it's her title they're fighting for so Mariah not waiting around or holding back was really well done. Wonder if they were trying to set Mariah as the heel as I would be behind her over Toni.

This is just so damn good. Unbelievably good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ThePott

Can I ask what put you off doing it again?

For myself or others thinking of making the trip to All In this year.

I was hoping to go last year but had to cancel and re-sell my ticket due to work.

It's just a sum of small things added up together

My seat was at the pitch level which was damn cool BUT the downside was this camera they use to move around to zoom into crowds etc really was distracting. (see attachment)

The amount of times I had to sit up and move to let other people back into their seats while I was watching a great match was damn annoying

Once the event was finished, leaving and being stuck in the biggest crowd I've ever been in and essentially a snails pace back to the train station/hotel (see attachment)

I have a dreadful sense of direction and get lost easily lol but I have a mouth on me so no problem asking for directions. My hotel was near the stadium and had to hop on and off different trains and was just a pain

Please dont have my experience put you off, overall it was a superb experience but im happy not going through it again. If you're an AEW fan it's something you really should experience at least once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What was Will's dig at MJF about Tony and money, Tony got MJF to stay by giving more money, maybe I took it up wrong

Hangman now with Elite?

Mercedes is a better natural heel but her "Best Bret" promo was cringe

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea it didn't really make sense and Will even apologized on twitter.

Agreed with the lack of crowd and atmosphere overall in Calgary.

Hangman is only using the elite to get to swerve and I hope he just becomes a lone wolf character as his current character doesn't fit the Elite.

Would be tempted to do all in but it really seems like a nightmare to get out of post event.

Appreciate the insight. Definitely can see the downsides of it but like you said, would love to experience it.

It's the getting back to the hotel late at night with a massive crowd that is the most off putting for me. Granted it'll be a smaller crowd this year cause they have a different stage set-up but still.

I'm thinking I might book everything and buy a ticket last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It seems Hangman is more just a loose cannon gun for hire than full Elite. He's with them to get Swerve, not out of friendship. I like what they're doing so far with him, he seems to be operating at a level not seen since before he won the Championship.

I'm liking the use of Jarrett also and I hope they continue to use him beyond the OH Tournament, maybe a part of blood and guts? He could be a great tool to get Hangman over even further as a heel, who would be raging at what he would perceive to be poor refereeing decisions.

Can't fault how Britt and Mercedes has gone so far, very simple and to the point interactions is working.

In regards Toni and Mariah, hard to say what way was the right way as to who should be the heel, but longer term a monster heel Mariah works better for me than face Mariah.

AEW seem to be doing a lot right, right now. They deserve an upswing in momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,589 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

An absolute thing of beauty, 10 minutes of Swerve vs. Ospreay in Slow-Mo.

• Advertisement

Saw somewhere that Twisted Metal season 2 is starting filming this month so Joe has probably been written off tv for that.

That was some ending on that Stampede Street Fight!

I wasnt all that keen on the Learning Tree Stuff but it's not bad

Willow is the new CMLL Womens Champion, Tony sent Willow down to help CMLL out and replace Stephanie Vaquer.

What a year Willow has had a champion in AEW, NJPW & now CMLL.

Who was that clean shaven man with Dax Harwood?

Outrunners with Dalton Castle seems such an obvious choice.

Even though they have so many contracted wrestlers, are they working limited or something? Not only did Roderick Strong also have a match on Rampage, but didn't Top Flight face Shane Taylor Promotions?

Who's been sanctioning the matches the past few weeks because wasn't Juice defending the titles before last night?

Will Ospreay ‘Closing My Chapter’ Documentary

A look at his final matches in NJPW and Rev-Pro.

Fair play to QT

What an amazing feat.

I was a bit annoyed when Dalton Castle lost against Strong

Dalton Castle always makes me laugh and now with the Outrunners, what chemistry!!

Forgot that Dalton got injured during this match, maybe that was the reason he lost, I hope so.

Dalton seemingly got concussed :(

Post edited by Headshot on

Fightful reporting AEW will run a major event in Dallas in 2025 and a city official has hinted to them that it could be a stadium show.

Ric Flair “ I pitched turning in Sting, I haven’t heard anything from them since.”

WoooEnergy also no longer sponsoring AEW.

lol 😂

• Advertisement

You know I think I may mark this in the calendar to attend my first wrestling show in America

Aer Lingus fly direct to Dallas Forth Worth as well.

The AT&T stadium is about a 15 minute drive from the airport.

Dynamite 250 tomorrow night and with AEW & TNT looking like they are treating it as a PPV level show will we get any debuts and returns on the show I wonder.

The announced card so far..

Swerve vs. Okada

MJF vs. Will Ospreay

Mercedes Mone vs. Nyla Rose

Can't imagine we get clean finishes for some of those.

Advertisement