Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aereco wall vents - upgrading

Options
  • 13-09-2022 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I am upgrading my hole in the wall vents in my new build. Yep new house but the very basic hole in the went vents. Seems to be the normal in a lot of developments.

I am looking at the Aereco EHT 2 vents for the bedrooms and living areas. Their whole system needs a central fan that then runs off the bathrooms and kitchen etc. I have an idea how the system works.

What I am looking to do is install myself but use my existing holes in the wet rooms and put in a humidity controlled extractor in each of these. This will limit the need to duct up ceilings etc.

In bedroom and living areas I will put the eht in the existing 100mm holes.

Will this actually work? Has anyone done something similar? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dangee4050

I thought you could only buy those as whole package fan and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lebide

@Sammy96 did you do this in the end?

This is exactly what I'm looking to do - interested to hear your experience.

Not sure if it's possible to buy those EHT2 vents if going with fans from a separate company though (e.g. Renson Waves or Vent-Axia)...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Scr55

I had Aereco DCV installed last year for all wet rooms (fan extractors) and it is very good. However, I heard that some new developments are not properly ventilated and vent ducts are not going outside the house (through the roof) but end in the attic :/ Keep that in mind and check your vents before you install extractors. In my case I did not installed wall vents as I was told that my window vents should be enough (when opened of course).

My friend installed somenthing like this:

https://renergise.ie/shop/heat-recovery-ventilation/single-room-heat-recovery/decentralised-heat-recovery/

and she is very happy with ventilation and heat recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Sammy96

Hi,

I went with a decentralised heat recovery system instead. Cost a lot more but we are very happy with it. We put in the lunos system.

In the end I wasn't keen on just an open wall vent/natural air type system to control flow and humidity.

Any questions just ask.

Advertisement