Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SA v Ireland test 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Caolan Blade.....unbeaten in the Southern Hemisphere

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

not sure how they managed that one but fair play. Absolutely clutch performance from Frawley. In fact frawleys first drop goal was the first smart bit of play all half.

Redemption for euro final for CF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

They never threatened our try line,we deserved that,would have been a travesty if we had lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CorneliusBrown

legends. SA would have lost the first game as well if it wasn’t for the ‘reffing’. Serves them right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

The staffers are one dimensional and aging

Ireland played all the rugby and we're forced into played a few new faces, they should have done more if that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I've thrown a lot of criticism towards Murray but he was excellent today. One of his best performances I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

After all their antics, I don't think I could have imagined a better way to win the game.

That will sicken the hole off Rassie. Get it up ya.

I'll need to watch it back again but I thought we were ridden by the ref again.

Being entirely serious, I still maintain we are a better team than S.Africa. Feels silly saying that given they are double world cup champions but I really believe it.

Osbourne was immense. He is a serious option now at 15. Adds something completely different to what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Really shows nothing between the two teams. SA scrum will get them over the line more often than not though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

He was really, really good.

We lost the run of ourselves for 30 minutes but that last 10 minutes was Champion stuff.

Frawley did exceptionally well though I'm not looking forward to the clamouring for him at 10. He could have done all that from 12 just as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BQQ

That was a sweet win

and without Sheehan, Aki, Gibson Park, Keenan away from home
    Massive result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

We did all we could against them at the wc

20 poor minutes cost us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I think there should be a clamour for him to start at 10 for Leinster. Do the business there and then it’s a discussion. Otherwise Crowley stays in the driving seat for now. Nailed his kicks which is what we were all asking for last well. Few block downs which he needs to iron out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Blade did well off the bench too I thought, very clever to win a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭HBC08

And Hansen,

I think Ireland are a better all round team than SA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

didn’t like Kolbe diving but he has history on that, but they are not a team of cheats

Very disrespectful comment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I appreciate they bring something different to the sport both on the field and off. It'd be boring if every team and every set of fans behaved the same way.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

I've never really got the whole "Frawley isn't a 10" thing. I really would like to see him get a proper opportunity there (for Leinster). He attacked the line well, his kicking from hand (one cross field kick aside) was great, and his hunger for taking the responsibility for the drop goals and his execution were so impressive.

Well deserved win, imo, and I think we were the better team over the course of the two games with SA benefitting from some very iffy officiating.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,563 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Absolutely delicious way to win that game.

Delighted for frawley as his confidence would surely have been damaged after Tottenham.

Ireland were much bigger winners from this tour than SA. Blooded young options, showed that we are still a very difficult team to beat on any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭theVersatile

As the song goes:

In your head, in your head.

Frawley. Frawley. Frawley.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mun1

special mention to James Ryan who was immense and showed what a player he can be on the international stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Downlinz

He should have left to play 10 for Ulster or Connacht, having Irelands 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th choice in the position all battling for the 10 shirt at Leinster is nonsensical.

As it stands Crowley will have no real competition for his place until Cullen takes the decision to drop Ross Byrne for Prendergast which could take years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

My god that was sweet. The most delicious way to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

What a way to win it. Beating the World Champions in their own backyard. Their doggedness is so impressive. Kudos to the players and coaches - Farrell especially, because he sets the tone. Great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Rugbyf565

the camera cut to his father cheering in the crowd after frawleys dropper, they must be delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Thought he was brilliant today. Looked like he was enjoying the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Penalty could was 11-8 against us, felt far more skewed towards SA watching live.

Advertisement