Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

security really bad here. that is like an 8 foot shed, and very visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Biden speaking clearly there.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭thamus doku

mad stuff. Trump is some legend. Waving his fist and shouting fight.
    Surely he wins it now. The balls on that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You are reaching and digging. These are not the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,375 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

yep, and a while ago there was a MAGA head on sky Jason Meister blaming Biden and forgetting about the attempted insurrection and violence that Trump encouraged…

Biden not very impressive in his press briefing, looked and sounded like a babbling wreck. Uninspiring..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Doctor on the scene who tried to help a victim that was shot in the head

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1812269808832147510

• Registered Users Posts: 16,417 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

To quote another Donald, recently deceased

We'd have arrived days ahead, studied the route... 

...checked all the buildings. 

Never would've allowed open windows overlooking Dealey. Never! 

Our own snipers would've covered the area. 

If a window went up, they'd have been on the radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,042 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No one deserves to be shot dead , because they want to run for President, not Trump, not Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Dazler97

President was live talking about what happened but not much information as of yet ,he's gonna try talk to trump and even referred him as Donald which I've never heard him say that before

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Housefree

Nobody is allowed guns at the rally, you seriously think the crowd is armed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Agreed, to a point. But consider also how rapidly a presumably prone rifleman in an elevated position was identified and neutralized once the shooting started . It's entirely possible the shooter just got lucky and managed to climb up during a gap in a scan. Someone must have had a good line of sight to him to kill him that quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

thanks jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,927 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

When I saw "Trump rushed off stage" I thought it's finally happened that one of these geriatrics has had a heart attack.

The fact that the shooter got so close he hit his ear is genuinely shocking. A few millimetres more and god knows what future would unfold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I wonder when Trump gets reelected will he have Clinton Obama and Biden arrested for the assassination attempt ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Augme

Talking about people who stormed capital Hill as being patriots isn't stoking violence? Come on. Talking about the election being rigged, stolen and fraudulent and asking g his supporters to storm capitol hill is absolutely stoking violence. Let's not pretend otherwise here. The attempted assination on Trump is awful, but Reblicans trying to act as if this is all on the democrats criticism Trump to blame is laughable and needs to be called out.

Donald Trump made jokes about Paul Pelosi attempted murder ffs. This faux outrage form the Republicans now is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Im talking about outside the actual rally, so where this guy apparently has shot from, it's a given no person is bringing a firearm inside since they will have screenings, I mean there are multiple videos out of guys standing around watching the shooter on the roof, maybe they thought he was part of the security service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭John arse

Joe biden was the gunman,had a clear shot but at the last second he forgot who his target was,🤕.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Babyreignbow

I'm pretty sure if the "democrats" wanted him dead, they wouldn't have missed.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

• Registered Users Posts: 36,042 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He's just a man, a dad, a husband. People forget that sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

A few days ago Biden said "it's time to put trump in a bullseye". Now imagine if trump said that about Biden and then a few days later someone tried to shoot him, what you would be saying. You would 100% blame Trump and republicans. Even if there wasn't an assassination attempt, I'm sure people would still say trump was trying to incite one.

To be clear, I don't think this is Bidens fault at all, he clearly didn't mean the bullseye comment in that context. But for people to be acting like the Democrats wouldn't be blaming trump and Republicans if the situation was reversed is ridiculous. That's just the way things are now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Trump derangement syndrome is alive and well in this thread.

As far as I can see, both sides are loons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Fact

Fact . I'm sitting back and thinking will everyone just calm down .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Augme

Of course I'd be blaming Trump. At multiple times he's encouraged political violence, condoned political violence and made jokes about political violence when it has happened. I don't ever remember the democrats doing that. All there seems to be is that comment from Biden which everyone knows he didn't mean literally.

But now all the Republicans are talking about how political violence is wrong and how Democrats have stoked this. Where were these same Republicans after Capitol Hill invasion? Oh yeah, too busy calling them patriots.

Unfortunately, we can already tell that this incident will just further stoke divisions and the Republicans are clearly going in all guns blazing to ensure that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

How a shooter got the high ground with a rifle and get off 4 ( I think) rounds is unbelievable . Heads are going to roll in the secret service

• Registered Users Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

MTG has entered the conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭geographica

amazing how some people in the crowd managed to still hold up their signs for the cameras 😁😁, oh, and stayed put, all after the supposed shooting

One would assume she's sort of right. One democrat tried to kill her friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Astartes

Fist in the Air. Blood dripping from his gunshot wound..

Yeah this act of political violence has a Pandora's box feel to it. A lot of people have accepted the terms. Hope I'm wrong

• Advertisement

They probably didn't realise what was happening.

Advertisement