Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Sky news showing live helicoptor video footage of the deceaced shooter still on the rooftop of what look like some sort of factoy or warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Trump is lucky as fcuk he's not brown bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,595 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Watching a round go down range is different, you're pretty much inline with the flight path of the bullet.

It's different when looking at the same bullet pretty much at right angles as the angle of the photo is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

One of the eyewitnesses who spoke to a Correspondent from BBC News said that he was having a party at his house while Trump was having his rally in Pennsylvania. I would have that a lot of the people who saw the shooter firing his shots against Trump may have been his friends or neighbours who live in houses near the event.

The eyewitness did say on BBC News that neither he or other people around him were able to Trump speak at the rally. They were only able to hear Trump before he got hit with the gunshots. It's quite surreal to know that the shooter had a perfect line of sight to actually try and commit this violent act against Trump at his campaign event.

It's not really that difficult to assume that the shooter could have been making plans to hit Biden as well either before or after he hit Trump. The shooter obviously won't do that now as he was killed on that shed outside the perimeter of Trump's rally.

But we have to assume at this point that Biden is not really out of potential danger either if he is trying to gain support from voters for his own presidential campaign between now & November. There could be a huge risk of a copycat style attack from another shooter against Biden in future if another person had a reputation for spreading similar hateful values against Biden as his own campaign continues as is necessary.

If the U.S. Secret Service along with reps from each political party were placed in charge of organising political events for the two candidates between now & November. You would think that you would want to keep them at events that will be held indoors from now on as outdoor events now seem to be a no-go area in the U.S as there could be a greater risk attached as people could potentially be killed for attending them while giving their support for their own preferred presidential candidate.

It's a really dreadful environment to walk into when voters are trying to support their candidates between now & November.

I do have to ask the question; do the voters actually have a lot of thought in their heads about shooters giving them harm when they are trying to express their political views in a peaceful way at these other large events in future. If it does get more violent at these campaign rallies in the U.S. between now & November. It could signal that U.S. democracy is officially becoming dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

ah damn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Astartes

People were pointing the guy out to SS 5 mins before the shooting.. This is not good. This is biblical

😭😂

You know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,664 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Not if you're not the one firing. We've got some pretty broad ranges and army training doesn't always have everyone perfectly on line when they're shooting. You do need good sunlight, though, the eye really sees the bright reflection than the bullet itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah and supposedly his team had been asking for more protection for a while but were denied.

Well, sure enough, there was overwatch, but I guess they just managed to miss the shooter as he approached. Spotted only a second or two before he fired. (Which does explain how they managed to kill him so quickly).

https://x.com/coladoggxxx/status/1812285847921910241

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

LOve him or loathe him,he's some piece of stuff,nearly 80 and gets up fist pumping,he has the election in the bag.

Reported on one of the us channels it was an AR15 style rifle.

loathe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭NSAman

wow, some of the comments on this thread prove there are some seriously disturbed people in here.

Wishing someone dead, even if you don’t like them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,375 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

what was the fûckin obsession one of the secret service has with not giving up his red hat ? She’s trying to balance herself whilst helping, guiding and shielding him and her colleagues down the stairs but can hardly get a grip of the damn rail because of the hat in what should be her free hand…

Then you have Trump breaking cover to gesture to the crowd… you’ve just been shot you clown !

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭REDBULL68

I'd say it was for evidence, as the bullet went by it on top of his ear ,

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Babyreignbow

I imagine if there was a live shooter taking aim at the big man in the red hat, SS wouldn't be inclined to give it back to him to put it on his head.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

Bullet fly-by photograph came from the New York Times, in a series of photos by one of their photographers, Doug Mills (Who already has 2x Pulitzers). I think it's unlikely to be fake.

Post edited by Manic Moran on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

theres even a water tower above the shooters position, why weren't they on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭REDBULL68

Secret service in big doda here,they were on the building beside the shooter ,he literally walked across a field with the ar15, people told the police but there was confusion according to them ,then he climbed up onto the building and fired 7 or 8 rounds ,unbelievable ,as the American Secret service is probably the best in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

https://x.com/RepMTG/status/1812254624168165780?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

The whole rhetoric of him being a dictator in waiting about to destroy America that has to be stopped at any costs will be toned down by Democrats now. Biden obviously didn't order for Trump to be shot but less than a week ago, he did say it was time to put him in a bullseye. Not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

• Registered Users Posts: 21,595 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Stop with the pearl clutching for the love of god, no one is buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Like yourself I've seen rounds go down range. Looks like a clear sky with light behind the camera. Definitely real.

Off topic to one of your earlier posts, a 22LR is actually .223 in diameter it's just abbreviated.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭applehunter

-Our bullshit media has consequences.

Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,226 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

The red sheds seems to be where the stage was set up in front of. The shooter up on the building at this location, to Trump's right side

Butler, Pennsylvania
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/RCBys8LMM123P7VM6?g_st=ac

• Advertisement

Advertisement