Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

My guess is a vet, after the Dems publicised what Project2025 plan on cutting in military benefits.

Donie T's sparsely populated rallies might just get even smaller going forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Trump is going to have a right old year to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Hes so far down the rabbit hole now he can never get back home. He must really wonder if this political escapade has gone too far when people are actually endangering his life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What's Trump's stance on gun ownership and laws now?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I'd say the diaper came in useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,692 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

”It’s just horrible, so surprising to see it here. But have to get over it, we have to move forward” - Trump after yet another school shooting 7 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭rogber

You don't understand Trump at all. Surviving an assassination attempt elevates him into an elite group of politicians, this will only feed his narcissism more. "They wanted to turn me into another JFK, but God loves me so much/my reactions are so lightning fast I beat the pathetic loser"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Fortunately he survived. I'd like to see him in jail for his crimes for a long period of time, if he'd died this would just have immortalized him to MAGA.

Unfortunately, between this and Biden's continued flailing, this election's over. Trump should win easily now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭rogber

I honestly don't think it's going to make much difference in the election. Swing voters aren't going to vote for Trump because he survived an assassination attempt, though it will make his own supporters even more committed.

What it also will do is take the narrative off Biden at least for a few days. At that point, will it be too late to get rid of him? I wonder if the Biden team will even use heightened security fears as an excuse to reduce his public appearances between now and the election.

On the other hand, in 2-3 days this could be old news already and it'll be back to Biden's gaffes

Interesting times

• Registered Users Posts: 19,536 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It becomes a compelling story for the undecided; I was nearly killed but I kept in it, for you.

I was at a café on the Dingle Peninsula last weekend. FD I'm a US expat. Well, there was a couple there from Texas who overheard us talking and, based on the accents, came over to chat. I'd say both were professional class, some Irish ancestry, loved the place would love to move here, yadda yadda.

Both planning on voting for CFTrump. Among their reasons was he was going to cut the corporate tax rate - no thoughts of course of how that would impact the Ireland they adored. I mentioned CFTrump's plan to make up for the lost revenue with raising tariffs and those were usually pretty bad, and got the 'deer in the headlights' look to them. They just hadn't given it any thought.

So, presumably educated (himself wearing a Texas A&M hat, herself was likely an accountant), professional class (had gotten married in Ireland in 2023, back for the anniversary), and foursquare behind CFTrump. I don't think MAGAts by any means and they live in the Texas bubble. The assassination attempt, imo, will only cement it more for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…countries a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭marilynrr

I don't know about that, where would they be running to? I think in the moment I would feel safer in there rather than running out into an open area not knowing who was out there. Plus I would imagine that at those rallys the crowd are told that they do not leave their seats until they're told, and as soon as shots were fired surely all the security would obviously be braced to shoot so you're going to end up running in the direction of guns.

It's clear that Trump, following this alleged assassination attempt, will realise the folly in promoting political violence and become more measured in his rhetoric going forward.

Will he ****.

That picture will be on every t-shirt, cap and piece of Delph embossed with the word "fight" that can be mass produced in china as soon as ****ing possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…and of course, the continued advocation of gun ownership, i.e. more good guys with……

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭combat14

the picture with trump's words "Fight, fight, fight!"

and the crowds response "USA,USA,USA"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

20 year old straight out of central casting registered republican

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 16,417 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That picture will be on every t-shirt, cap and piece of Delph embossed with the word "fight" that can be mass produced in china as soon as ****ing possible.

Photos of the assassination attempt from certain angles do have uncanny echoes of one image beloved of American patriots…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Are any of ye in here ashamed for the vile abuse you have given this man over the years. He's a human at the end of the day with a family..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,876 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not a chance. He'll wallow in this and declare himself Almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Personally, I've only ever commented on his character and rhetoric. I'd also suspect most posters have done as much. Also let's remember all the people he has targeted in terms of both personal attacks and sweeping statements about migrants etc. Even the rumours he spread about Paul Pelosi. Wonder if he feels any shame about any of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

A man who has encouraged political violence at every point of his political career is finally on the receiving end of some political violence, chat sh!t get banged

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

LOL so him falling victim to the toxicity and division he has foisted on American politics not to mention the gun insanity he supports is something we should feel guilty about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

In fairness he is a convicted rapist, if any other rapist had a near death experience people would be coming out expressing their frustration at a botched job or something. Noone deserves to suffer violence, not least attempted execution , whatever their crimes but it's hard to really care too much about someone so willing to endanger and harm others.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'All hell will break out in one hour' said Trump on TS before the event. He seemed to be suggesting that he was going to be announcing his running mate, goodness knows what the conspiracy theorists will make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭briany

The pearl clutching with a lot of these woodwork accounts is quite something. Here you have a man (Trump) who had no problem with the idea of political violence on Jan 6th, 2021, because he had no problem helping to create and then promote the lie that instigated it, then organised a rally that went to the US Capitol, and then he sat back as the chaos unfolded, only making a statement when it became apparent that the gambit would fail.

It's like this: if any prominent Democratic politician had been shot, fatally or otherwise, you can be quite sure that all the talking heads across the MAGA contingent would be attempting to make it painfully clear that they weren't particularly upset about the development, and/or would use to immediately (and I do mean immediately ) attack the far-left in some way, somehow. They wouldn't even finish saying R.I.P. .

Biden, of course, being attacked for saying to donors that they needed to put a 'bullseye' on Trump, when everyone and their dog knows he meant a more focused targeting of attack ads. Biden's conduct in the wake of this near-miss shooting has been as presidential and conciliatory as anyone might expect. Firstly, it's the classy thing to do. Secondly, he might as well strike a conciliatory tone, because there's no way in hell he's winning that election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

The USA is fuc*ed. Can ye not see that both mannequins are heads of the same hydra?

The last chance that the USA had was with Bernie Sanders, but he was shafted by Debbie W-S infavour of her warmonger friend ( we came, we saw, he died) Hillary R-C.

Real power in the USA has resided in Mil/Ind since they acquired the Bomb. and the growth of the Security State. The land of the Free is eating itself.

The faint veneer of Freedom and Democracy ™ is fading day by day.

and we're all on here like schoolchildren batting petty insults at each other. Truly divide et impera.

I agree the Empire is falling, and fast.

The question is; what happens next?

Advertisement