Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Torn Ragged Irish Flags flown outside community centres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Put on a dark wash first thing this morning but forgot to check the jeans pockets. They contained a couple of tissues so now everything will need to be done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The trick is to avoid wearing glasses when you're in a Rocky montage. 😉

My annoyance this morning is that, 10 minutes after doing a job and sending an e-mail to a rake of people (including my manager) to say it was done, he sent me an instant message asking if the job was done. Fair enough, he hadn't see my e-mail.

"Did you mention such and such?"

Yes, that was the first thing I said.

"Did you attach the document with the extra information?"

Yes, I attached 4 different documents with absolutely all the information that could possibly be asked for.

"Will you notify X that you've done it?"

I have. He was on the original e-mail so he was on my reply too.

"How about Y? Will you left him know?"

He was on it too.

"Z will need to approve. Can you send him a reminder?"

He was also copied on the e-mail and I mentioned the approval.

OPEN THE E-MAIL I SENT, AND YOU WILL SEE ALL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

A certain influencer who has work done on her teeth but they look about 2 sizes too big for her

I can't seem to concentrate on what's she saying because they are so distracting !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Noisy eaters, especially the ones who manage to growl when they chew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i go online to book an appointment with my GP. I’m greeted with a banner… ‘new website coming soon’ which is needed as the current one is archaic and clunky. But since this banner appeared the current website doesn’t work, menu isn’t functioning so I call….. 8 minutes on hold and as luck would have it it gets answered by the persnickety auld wan who as always proceeds to ask 87 questions. I enquire if that’s all necessary…” our doctors are in high demand so we ask questions to screen for appropriate appointments “…im told…

“Your doctors are in high demand because you’ve taken on too many patients”… is my response and one that is met with silence. 🤑🤓

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Please fill in this annual Customers Satisfaction questionnaire. Please base your answers only on the last 6 months."

Not a chance in hell. You either give me another survey in 6 months' time, or you're getting answers for the full year. And since you've played it that way since time immemorial, we know what the PoA is. Now F. off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Working with people including managers who have no interest in the quality of the work that's been done, what is actually been done , or if there is a better way to do it, just so long as it's done.

And if you suggest a better way or mention issues you are ghosted.

And if you do have an improvement you have to do the work to prove it, in your own free time, and then demonstrate it to them like some dog and pony show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Edit not a TA

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

junkies / aggressive beggars hanging about begging in an OTT intimidatory manner at the local Spar… this started during the pandemic, there are three who rotate there…

The TA is compounded by the fact that the local Gardai use both the supermarket in question and takeaway next door so have to be there to witness the carry on multiple times a week …but I just see them walking past..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm all for this protecting the pollenators policy lately when hedgerows are allowed grow out a bit.

However, there is a stretch of my local road, literally about 300m from my house that is overgrown right at a bend, and it has turned that particular section lethal. On the way home from work earlier, I had to take evasive action to avoid hitting a pedestrian because I happened to meet a car right at the bend naturally keeping in a bit to avoid the ditch.

Another thing, it makes everything look umkempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Mispronunciation of words by people that should know better.

Just listening to an Audible audio book read by the author. The author did research to write the book so why couldn't they check the pronunciation of the people named in the book.

To the best of my knowledge annals is not pronounced anals - the anals of time 🙄

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Gardaí are busy at that time. They only have half an hour for their breakfast roll , and another half hour before their coffees kick in and they need to go back to the station for a shite

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What Ford has done to Capri.

I understand things change over this.

Just name your new sporty crossover something else.

There nothing alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Getting back on the treadmill after, like, a week's gap due to life getting in the way. You'd swear I'd never gone on a run before in my entire life.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Charlo30

Spanish student season. A pile of them jumped of the 46a at Infirmary Road and completely blocked the footpath. Despite trying to be polite I ended up barging through them. Not my finest moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

TA'd that the "No Junk Mail" sign on our front door is constantly ignored by people delivering leaflets 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.A. people who order, that don't have have their voice mail setup, so you can't leave a message to tell them their item has arrived lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The rugby set who shush the pub when there is a kick in the game, but then obnoxiously and loudly have no qualms about obstructing your view when trying to watch an actually important All-Ireland football semi-final.

They are a current TA of mine too as I’ve mentioned ……they are staying at the nearby university. The supermarket on campus sees them arriving there to walk / stand around aimlessly and ‘look’ at stuff mostly. You would think it’s the Prado museum such is their constant be-wonderment.. Other humans as in your example are even when in their eyeline completely ignored, they stand and remain rooted or walk ‘at’ you…. Takes neither a tremendous education or whatever to comprehend that if you are in the way of somebody who needs to pass.. ‘ MOVE ‘…. The rational and courteous thing to do is make some room, by slightly moving…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I remember my grandmother and everyone complaining when Spanish student season started back in the 80's. Their inability to queue like everyone else really pissed people off. The elderly hated them because the would be pushed to the side by the students. We used to have a few Spanish students at our school during the year and the general consensus was they were very rude as well as not being able to queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And the fecking noise of them!

The weather is seriously annoying me, dull and dreary every day ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I sent a card to somebody who had a new baby.

Now I'm thinking I called the baby the wrong name.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Fruit flies in my red wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Names with missing letters

Wil

Bil

Nial

Mathew

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that my new job is 4 days a week in the office 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Charlo30

The new bottle tops/caps. The fecking things are impossible to close

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

They're not quite impossible to close, but sometimes you think you've closed them properly but the thread isn't quite right, risking spillage. It happened to me with milk, and would have caused smelly damage if it wasn't in a plastic bag.

I didn't cry over it, though. 😉

• Advertisement

the bottle tops is a shared TA. Absolutely ridiculous design.

Should have left the design as it was and if the top is not returned you get only half the deposit back.

https://youtube.com/shorts/0ctoyxJ60Dg?si=XrbCePKbZ95-Cr_N

Advertisement