Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,042 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The location of the person killed is strange, no where in the line of fire. How do you explain that.

Soon after shooting, secret service did yell shooter down, shooter down, and began to move Trump, all in seconds, so they must have been talking of person in crowd that was down. But who took him out, no where in line of sight of the roof shooter. Was it a mistake, was he holding something, and got mistook for the gunman..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,901 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yeah..

That's based on a nonsense 4chan post that's been discredited and deleted, maybe we could all stop posting the first thing we come across online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Is this thing about bump stocks some sort of talking point which is being recommended to be pushed recently? It's not relevant, it's not accurate, and why does it keep getting brought up on this thread? It's the third time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

• Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's a strange one. The intended target emerges with a superficial nick on his ear. Talk about luck. Meanwhile, a supporter is dead and 2 others are seriously injured.

Which can make sense, if they were in the background. I don't know if they were directly behind Trump, in line with the shooter. Forensics and investigations will prove that. Yes, there were witnesses saying the fatal victim was behind Trump, maybe they meant to the side. But how does he escape with such a minor flesh wound from this angle? Is it possible he heard the whizzing of the bullets past his ears alright, but actually got the injury when he fell to the ground and his secret service personnel jumped on top? Idk, I'm just speculating. I'm not saying anything is right or wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Thanks, jeez, horrible. That could explain the blood streaks on him so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,010 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Strange too that the SS didn't bother to post a team up on the 250-foot tall WATERTOWER in the background?Basic of any military or security operation is to take and secure the high ground.From there they have a commanding overwatch well within range of any trained marksman to be able to see and hit any target that presents a threat.Be it within 200 or out to 2000 meters, which is what that counter sniper team was set up to look for, not within 150 meters of the target on stage Whoever was in charge of this utter mess and failure in security is going to have a LOT of questions to answer.Not on the team levels the men and women of the Secret Service responded incredibly well and quickly.But whoever was in charge of setting up this entire security coverage is going to get a grilling. Not unknown throughout history for the trusted bodygaurds to kill their Caeser,king or president.But then again the Secret Service has been known to fuk up quite a few times with presidential bodygaurding ,see Regan and JFK.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Dunno - the fact that the shooter lived only about an hour’s drive away doesn’t plead for “long and hard” searching for an opportunity. Sounds more like there are probably chances like this at lots of these events.

TBC I’m not suggesting any conspiracy here. I’m more of a believer in the cock-up explanation as a general rule. But I think there are hard questions for the security services to answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Doesn’t this look like poor organisation rather than poor individual performance? What would have been the point in the guy continuing on up once he was already in the sights of the shooter? His only chance was if he could have come up behind him and got him by surprise.

But how/why a roof affording a clear view of Trump was left unguarded in the first place - now THAT is a question worth asking.

Blaming minor individuals (especially the ones that are actually on the ground doing the hard work) for wider failings by higher-ups won’t fix this IMO. Very American though - it’s always about the individual, whether good or bad, rather than the group isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

https://old.reddit.com/r/WhyWereTheyFilming/comments/1e38nr8/the_moment_the_shooter_fired_at_trump/

Pretty crazy how visible he was and how people knew what was about to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

You do realise you're sounding as much like a conspiracy theorist. So far the info we have on the shooter is; he was a Republican, a member of a local gun club and was wearing a YouTube gun channel tshirt. There is no indication at this point in time that they're a Democrat. So I'd say it's more likely that they're a Republican with crazy motivations than a Democrat based on this knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,881 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Are people really using 'SS' as shorthand for the Secret Service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭SharkMX

That is a picture that will not only win him the election. It will be historic. Ironically for the shooter, he has planted Trump in the whitehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In the first instance you dont know what the motivations were. They may be apolitical like Reagans assassin.

In the second instance, the right and Trump have peddled hate against Democrats. So by the standard you have set, are they culpable in the attacks on the Pelosis and the Capitol? And we wont find any posts from you condemning them for that will we?

In the third instance there are boxes and boxes of evidence against Trump across the many cases against him. And witness testimony counts as evidence.

This is just axe grinding v the left therefore, demonstrating your bias.

Post edited by odyssey06 on

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,595 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You forget (or ignore) that never before has more of a Presidents thoughts and words and actions been visible so clearly to so many people. Trump himself wanted it this way. Pushing himself to the podium throughout Covid (and focusing on TV ratings), broadcasting his every thought on Twitter for years (Covfefe). His words and actions particularly on Jan 6th were broadcast live, his actions including the call that led to his 1st impeachment and particularly the call with Brad Raffenberger trying to steal the Georgia election were recorded and the latter was again broadcast publicly. So too were recordings of him sharing classified information and of course the infamous 'grab them by the pussy' statement.

I haven't watched a single CNN program since at least 2020 and then it was only to see his Covid press conferences which I watched with my jaw dropped. Before that, I watched much more Fox News than I did CNN as I wanted to see directly what narrative was being pushed there. I've never been a big watcher of 'Leftist media'.

It's astonishing to see people to go to bat for Trump over his history of sexual assault given what so many corroborating witnesses, and he himself has said. He was a big player on the Epstein files as well, and yet, here you are blaming the 'Leftist media' like we don't have as many brain cells as eyes in our heads and can't form our own opinions given all the evidence he himself has given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭randomuser02125

Desperate, desperate stuff. So you are saying that despite a jury of 9 people taking 3 hours to find that he raped E Jean Carroll that she made it up based on a TV show? Surely Tiny's cult should have found something on one of the 9 jurors by now because what you describe is a massive conspiracy that could never be kept quiet.

Or, let's use the facts. He's a rapist. You're shilling for a rapist. You support a rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Another AR-15 used in a serious, notable crime. Yep, everyone in the US should have them. It might have been the shooter's father provided the gun - shades of Kyle Rittenhouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

a very experienced retired guard said to me yesterday that this is only starting -

The shooting will inspire copy cat acts - Ppl will be taking potshots at trump from now until Election Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Seems to be what "De kidz" do these days, boils my piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭randd1

• Registered Users Posts: 34,881 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

He might have been a bit more accurate using a bolt action rifle, sure wasn't it an Italian Carcano M91 that Killed Kennedy, not an Ar-15.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Augme

I loved this excuse from Republican Congressman Glenn Grothman. Once you joke about attempted murder being the it's fine.

Pushed on Trump using similar rhetoric - for example surrounding the attack against former Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi's husband in 2022 - Grothman says that there is no comparing what Trump sometimes says, which he claims is mostly meant humorously, and the demonisation he faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 thatsdaft

@Manic Moran called them USSS earlier and somehow it morphed into SS over pages

Anyways somewhere out there is an alternate universe where Trumps brain was blown, Republicans made a martyr of him and whitewashed all his sins (rape, criminality, insurrection, stupidity, lying) and there’s a new candidate and vp and Biden as sure as hell lost

But then the imbecile turned his head and now they have to send another angry republican to aim better

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What continues to amaze me, though it really shouldn't by now, is what the interwebs has engendered and revealed about the general psychology of the Common (Wo)Man©.

We used to think that if we could somehow get all the information and human knowledge in the hands of people the world would be better, people would be better and ignorance would find hard ground to grow on. Yet here we are and how wrong we were. We missed the fact that the IQ bell curve has two sides and one side is a bit thick, doesn't realise it's a bit thick and that side is ripe for exploitation by some on the other side for their own ends.

Within moments of events like this kicking off the conspiracy nuts are out in force and feelings, factions and already made up mindsets are way ahead of boring stuff like measured considerations and facts. I know it's been said many times, but with every passing day the Idiocracy flic looks more and more like a documentary. And a warning.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 thatsdaft

as illustrated by people buying Trump bibles, Trump sneakers and Trump NFTs and sending money and voting for an actual convicted rapist and criminal who attempted to destroy the republic while flying republican banner

I suspect if he sold bottled farts in a bottle with upside down US flag there be a ready market for it

When you have 330 million people the left side of that IQ curve is rather long and open for exploitation by the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭juno10353

Does that mean every person born in American hospital is on DNA database. I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

No doubt his security will be beefed up,and when he's elected president in November nobody will get near him.

Advertisement