Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomond Park as concert venue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

At Liam Gallagher last night, excellent ( helped by the weather being excellent) . His voice is still well up to the challenge, and the setlist full of belters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Was at Paolo Nutini on Saturday night, he wasnt great at all. Poor enough set list with strange versions of songs (jenny) where he turned them into trancey songs, he also didnt play some songs that i was hoping he would (everywhere \ childen of stars) yet finished with a stevie wonder cover. Apart from that, was a good gig, great weather, nice crowd, easy access from Limerick City, CMAT was actually a really good support act, had the place hopping, never seen her live before but would definitely go see her. Only small complaint about the venue was the queue for the ladies toilets was crazy, could definitely do with adding a few more toilets somewhere the women with us where queueing for over 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublin7d7

Ya, Id second that.

First gig at Thomond, an excellent outdoor venue. Admittedly, no rain & no wind, ideally set up for good sound. I d

Id the Gold Circle bit, lovely set-up, near the stage, plenty of room, crowd well up for it, but no nutters that I could see.

Band were strong, cigarettes' and alcohol surprisingly was a highlight. Liam G still belting them out, that rock star swagger, they don't make like that 'em anymore. No Palestinian shout outs or general virtue signalling, either, TG, just got out there and sang the tunes.

No Wonderwall, Don't look back in Anger, but I knew that beforehand anyway. Half the World way. V good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭micks_address

what time did Liam come on at? was there for snow patrol friday night - enjoyable venue

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

he was like that in malahide last year didn't think he was great maybe more suited to a smaller venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 dublin7d7

Came on at 9 or just shy of that. "I Am the Resurrection" comes on the PA and this is his countdown. Great tune too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,487 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Seriously impressed with Thomond as a venue.

Next to no queuing for anything. Food and drink was good. Nice space for chilling near the food stalls.

Hopefully they get some good acts next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks there was some talk he might delay with the England game on. Probably glad he didnt in the end

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Some pics from Friday

The queue for Gold Circle was quite short when the opened up 10-15 mins before schedule, and it was quite spread out during the two supports. Looked packed for Snow Patrol though (although not uncomfortably so). I would rate it as one of the better outdoor venues I've been at this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rainagain

Love the second photo, wonder if he'll draw a tattoo for that person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Was at Snow Patrol. No Que to enter and very well signposted. Got a spot up at the front and it never felt too crowded. Sound and lighting were good. Snow Patrol only did 90 mins which is a fairly short setlist. There were huge ques for the bar and female toilets' which should be improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Was at LG last night and first time at Thomond for a gig. Was impressed at the whole set up… Easy to get in, nice venue (decent looking stage too. Think LG actually gave a shout out to Thomond as a venue!) and good crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jazz_jazz

I was there last night too. Liam was brilliant, crowd was excellent and very impressed with Thomond as a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭PIORUN

great night a LG, as close as we'll ever get to hearing Oasis sing the hits in Limerick. Roll on whats the story morning glory next year ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ArdLix11

Great night at LG. Good mixture of older and younger fans (I was amongst the older crew who saw Oasis in the 90's). Liam was giving it his all and nice to see him having a good bit of banter with the crowd. His voice is still holding up. Great atmosphere and everyone there to have a good time. Thought it might have kicked off a bit more but maybe that's just me trying to relive my younger Oasis days 😜

Advertisement