Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

1929394959698»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

WWF was good in 1994 and 1995 but you are right, 1995 is considered the worst year money-wise in WWF/E history. One thing that rarely gets mentioned is Nash was champion for most of that year - November 94 to November 95 but does not get slated for it. He himself has mocked Bret Hart for being the "400 grand champion" around that time period (That Bret could not draw) but Nash himself couldnt.

Overall, and to quote Abe Simpson "it was the style at the time" - After the steroid scandal people turned off wrestling and WWF went in a different direction trying to distance themselves from the previous era. Looking back, the whole name "new generation" was a way to distance themselves. If they adopted a more edgy'er style that happened a few years later that probably would have bombed.

I am a firm believer that WWF took what ECW was doing (and even WCW) with how their content was geared towards adults and copied it. Without them, a WWF pre-attitude era probably would have sucked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,097 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Flair couldn't even draw a year or two before that as WWF champ. There was a feeling in the early to mid 90s that wrestling as a mainstream attraction was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There's a lot to be said for that. It truly was of it's time. That fact Hogan/Warrior and the larger than life muscle characters sit shoulder to shoulder with the mainstream 80s actions stars isn't a coincidence.

Paul E. stated ECW rose aside the grunge movement and peoples changing tastes. Likewise piggy backing on that the WWE Attitude era was riding with Nu-Metal and the MTV2 stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,065 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

From an international fans point of view would 'Minneapolis' be a bit meh for a 'WrestleMania' ?

LA, Vegas, New Jersey/New York, Phili etc much bigger names and experiences on 'paper'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

It’s funny seeing it reported that HR departments are dealing with wrestler's. I’d love to know how a HR department would have dealt with issues of the past like Randy Orton and his bulling of Divas or The Miz’s issues or Vince helping Snuka get away with murder.

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WALTER debuted in WWE on January 12th, 2019.

2,031 days ago.

Longest Reigning NXT UK Champion: 870 Days

Longest Reigning IC Champion: 666 Days

Current World Heavyweight Champion

He’s spent 1,537 of 2,031 days as Champion.

That’s 76% of his WWE Career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The aging of that Keith Lee tweet will never not be hilarious to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing someone doing a sidewalk slam on Impact made me wonder have we seen Chris Park (you know, Abyss) on WWE tv outside of his brief time working with AJ? Like don't think I've ever seen him in the pull aparts or any backstage segments.

• Advertisement

Cody’s run so far as champion has been boring and a complete let down. The chase is always better and more exciting than run after winning.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I've enjoyed both AJ matches, the Logan match and Summerslam was all about Romans return to be fair. Don't feel let down at all by the run personally

Where has Nakamura gone he hasn’t been on WWE tv in months.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Unpopular opinion but I've always thought Cody's ceiling was an upper midcarder and my opinion hasn't changed on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There is no doubting the hype has died for Cody.

There is a touch of the Lex Luger 94 situation. It all seems to add up up but it feels like there could be someone better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Poster for my next show came out sick. Had our most recent one over the weekend and it was wild. It's just the best fun putting these on and we've assembled a great crew of wrestlers and people to help navigate this crazy business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just watching an old TNA wrestling episode on Ayozat tv

So sad to see the how many greats pass away well before their time

Piper, Scott Hall, Don West

Damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Petermc83

don west= great ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is this match going to be available to stream anywhere? Could be a lot of fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cody will end up replacing HHH and running WWE from a corporate standpoint within a decade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement