Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They could've made it a flip top, or even lengthened the plastic tie so you can handle the bottle top more easily and drink from it without cutting your lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭galwayguy85

Washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers… why does the final minute (as indicated on the LED display) take ages to pass???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Afraid to look at your finances because you can't handle the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's an absolute pointless feature. Just beep when you're done!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA that our washing machine plays a fairly long tune when it is done. There is no option to turn it off that we can find and you can't open the door until it's finished playing.

• Advertisement

Completely true. I’ve had a ‘canary’ once or twice with essential household tech! 😛

Or in places like Germany where things are worse. ‘Marc’ vs ‘Mark’, ‘Hoffman’ vs ‘Hofmann’. So, 4 possible permutations of a pretty common name

Should I put an accent over the ‘e! In the case of some dude who calls himself Andre? I’ve got to look it up on the HR database before I sent them an email…some can in a flap about such minor thing for the company I work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Having your tranquil smoking break interrupted by the new neighbours who clearly decided that Monday at lunch time is the perfect time to beat the **** out of each other. So inconsiderate.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

In Connolly station this morning before catching the train dropped into Pret a manger to get a snack.

One customer ahead of me only ( nobody behind me ) having a nice l o n g Barney with the single server. He got his coffee served.

Oh and THEN his fella had to choose his cake.

I left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Its so bloody wet cold and miserable we are lighting the fire!

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Spanish students yes - good God they're annoying!!!!

TA of the day 1 - booked a taxi last night to get to the early train, no one came so I called the number. "The number you are attempting to call cannot accept this call". Had to walk, with a f***king sore leg (only a mile but it's worse when I wake up, hence the taxi). Called company "oh we had no drivers until 7am today". So why take my booking ?? Why not call me to cancel?? GRRRR!!

TA of the day 2 - aggressive chuggers are bad enough but I've had two of them call to the door in the last few days - after 8pm one of them!! Concern and Medecins Sans Frontiers. Both can go feck themselves if they ever thought they were getting a red cent off this squirrel!!!

TA of the day 3 (minor in comparison tbh!) - I want chocolate and I can't get any until I'm heading home cos I know I'll prefer to have it on the train than now but damnit I have a craving!!!!

I keep checking I haven't done a Rip van Winkle job and slept in till November - it's brutal!!!

If it gets any colder I'm thinking of hibernating!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Have clementines been genetically modified over the past few years to be impossible to peel or something? It's ridiculous. I'll always remember someone posting on one of the previous iterations of this thread that you'd peel the scales off a live dragon easier than you'd get the skin off even "easy peeler" clementines, and they were so right.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭redoctober

My TA is the music that's played in some shops. Particularly Supervalu and Dunnes that I can think of. It's like the worst failed pop songs of all time. Really bad. It makes the visit to the shop quite painful. In general do we have to have constant music (usually awful) playing constantly in every single place in life? I would happily settle for some muzac where there's no singing just tranquil sounds. (on a positive note the music in TK Maxx is often quite good I've noticed)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭redoctober

In the same vein, why is there dancing in almost every ad? Just watch - the most random products too. Advertising dept: "let's get everyone to dance, that's big right now"

I had a day off sick the other day - every other advert is for funeral plans, cremation plans, and the ubiquitous Veri ****ing Sure! Dance in them, I dare yas!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah , the luzocade one is another one with completely pointless dancing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Banks only opening Mon - Friday until 4pm

Silly in this day and age. Certain issues you cannot resolve online and that’s where I am today…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

are they the same as mandarin oranges ? We used to get a box every Christmas . Lovely and easily peeled

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

TA that I had to google the difference between Clementines and Mandarins… Clementines are the smallest type of Mandarin apparently.

I get the 'Clemengold' range from Super Valu and over the course of the year they vary from actually easy to peel to digging in nails and juice spraying out at you territory.

Allegedly satsumas are the easiest to peel, google tells me.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Is it always the same tune or can you make requests? 😄

Mine just has a head-wrecking beeping that I can hear in the distance, audible enough to be annoying but not quite enough to get me to immediately deal with it.

Just like that other beeping annoyance, the microwave. As I eventually approach it, I'm thinking "This time, I'm going to open the microwave door before it beeps again!" and as I reach out, it beeps again. 🤨

(I seems like I have a problem with beeping appliances…)

We have a great old Microwave one with an analogue dial timer. Just goes "ping" when its done and I never hear it.

One TA with most new Microwaves is that they are just unnecessarily complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

only 1 person on the till in local supermarket…. Why ? Because the 15 or so students from out Iberian Peninsula direction are in, and all other staff are on the floor to monitor for them thieving… one lad using the self service till has 20 or so years old Irish staff member collar him for trying to pack a salad bowl he did not scan or pay for… he denies it, she brings up the screen , not scanned… she politely invites him to scan and pay… he gives her a volley of aggression in his native tongue and departs minus the salad….

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭donegal_man

A bluebottle can make its way in though a barely open window but not out through a fully open window and door.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

More than a TA, but just after having the day of days and am numb with tiredness and pity.

Absolutely hounded in work with almost 300 parcels and registered letters across two routes I had to cover as we were short-staffed (absolutely ridiculous situation), all the while pre-occupied with an ongoing medical issue my wife has had. Eventually get a phone-call from her to say she is going back to A&E (spent half of Saturday morning there already), couldn't stop my deliveries so had to finish it out (all the more panicing) and we later get word that she has miscarried.

Offered a day off on compassionate grounds, but would rather keep myself busy and work (with her blessing) than sit at home chasing the walls.

Advertisement