Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,259 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Michael Bay special affects with exploding JCB

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jisakix

Theres a fairly popular video game where you simulate running a country called tropico.

Here's a question and answer on the game

How do you stop population increaseing so fast!

my population is 1000 already!! and there are like 200 homeless !!!

What should i do ?

The Answer:

The obvious solution is to build more housing space. Having 200 homeless isn't insurmountable. You've got apartments now. Edict: Urban Development -> bunkhouses for the poors, apartments for the well-offs+. Until you get it back in line at least. Then you can do housing developments to increase housing happiness.

Additionally, if you really can't keep up with the population curve, you can build the Immigration Office and cut your immigration policy to "Tropico First" which reduces incoming pop by 80%. I would suggest not forgetting you did that and leaving it on for the rest of the game though.

-----

Some people in this country just refuse to accept the reality of the situation. Nobody is going to slur or chastise their way out of this disaster because there is just no way on earth this type of reaction in coolock is going to calm down or go away. It's going to get bigger and nastier and more widespread. You'd be as well trying to baton force your way out of national starvation.

When a simplistic videogame has a better grip on reality than a real life government, we're in deep trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

In the midst of the worst housing crisis in the history of the country, with not a finger being lifted to alleviate it, with more and more people arriving, you're going to get increasingly loud and violent reaction. Not to mention all the other infrastructural deficiencies.

Banning protest is, as I said above, as useful as using a baton to beat the starvation out of someone.

Less than useless, actually, it will only enflame.

Lets see how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 joeymcg

Video of them breaking into a Garda car at coolock garda station. Nice 'community at heart' kind of people them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Nope, I didn't quote an earlier post.

Immigration on a large scale does put a strain on housing supply. How many landlords in Dail Eireann want the status quo maintained because it keeps rents at a high level?

And majority of emigration is largely people leaving their family homes. And in a lot of cases it's because people feel they have no choice but to go for a decent quality of life.

Govt always try to put large numbers of IPA in Disadvantaged areas and locals who already feel abandoned feel they are veing pushed out. These areas are crying out for large scale social housing and other investment but it never comes

And remember, govt recently claimed houses a few KM from coolock garda station are affordable at nearly half a million quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,453 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Coolock overrun by scumbags today.

Not an hour ago I was talking to someone who informed me of their neighbours house. Over the last year, an additional 5 family members have moved in. A total of 5 adults and 4 young children in a certainly small 3 bed home.

What we're seeing has shocking parallels with Ireland centuries back. The beginning of a landlord class basically at rule, an increasingly working poor that are being shepherded back into new age tenements.

The methods may be different, but the results of booming inequality are the same.

And then some hollow craniums are trying to chastise the ever-increasing less fortunates about what's "right and proper".

Yeah, this is going to work out just fine. Absolutely nothing to suggest mass upheaval in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dublingreen

Someone in this thread asked a few months ago, if this issue would really kick off somewhere over summer, we have our answer.

• Advertisement

This government have another riot under their watch after today. They have destabilised the nation by repeatedly ignoring what the majority want. I hope they get a good hammering in the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭dublin49

you would have to wonder why the powers that be picked such a potentially flash point area for an IPA centre.Is this a battle they wanted,to demonstrate no local area can object once a decision is made.This is a battle the Gardai cant afford to lose ,they have a right task on their hands and if they fail to get the Centre up and running the blue print for objecting will be established.

Did they have an other choice? The wealthy areas clearly have the power to move these people on. Where else will they go?

It's always coolock, finglas, ballymun etc

Its never dalkey or ballsbridge etc.

The pitch in Alfie byrne park is a mess. Poor drainage. needs 30-40k spent but answer always was no

But millions was available for the former ESB building to convert for IPA. You create a disconnect and you get this as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dont know what happened before and aware the poster here is a **** but this is way over the top by the guards. Guy is on the ground and they're hitting him with the baton

https://x.com/hermannkelly/status/1812896206374466022

• Registered Users Posts: 82,476 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And not a single member of Gardaí visible there today wearing a bodycam.

Generally speaking, they picked a poorer than usual place because its cheaper, there is less political and legal recourse, and I'd hazard a guess that the government knows that if people in such an area "act up" there's a sizeable cohort of Irish society ready to pour vitriol all over them. Knackers, scumbags, dole merchants, no jobs, just general hatred.

In other words, rather than try to address the declining resources and their effects on people, the government would rather roll the dice and squeeze more people and use up more resource in political "who gives an F" zones.

That's why.

As above, it's like a blueprint for turning Ireland back centuries in terms of society. Except worse, because there won't even be the bond of brotherhood, or however you'd like to phrase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

They won't . . . . As the recent elections show it'll be SF who'll get the hammering. That's why FF/FG keep placing refugees in working class areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,826 ✭✭✭billyhead

This is it. Why aren't these IPA centres build in affluent areas of Dublin. Its always the marginalised who have to bear the brunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

They have no choice but to be frim. Looks a litte ott but not much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 CookingGuy

Watched a few of the videos on social media, nothing but gangs of scrotes out to cause trouble and acting cute in front of the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭thegame983

• Registered Users Posts: 23,588 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Those dregs are a worse drain than any refugee.

Watch the full video. I've other videos of what looks like the same guy throwing stuff at gardai earlier. They didn't even look at the other guy in the clip who minded his own business and walked on by.

There's still years left in this fiasco.

Each year will be worse than the last until a breaking point, and who knows what that entails.

What is very knowable, however, is that regardless of the winding path this takes, its going to end up at that same end point eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Of course they are not affordable at that price . I agree .

However there were many more affordable houses and apartments built but they are further along the Oscar Traynor Rd.

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭thegame983

Well I'd say the endgoal is to have an IPA facility in every part of the country. Every nook & cranny.

Also they probably see the violence as a good thing. I do think it helps them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Couldn't agree more. I'd gladly send those lads off to Africa, and replace them with asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Guy is on the ground with one guard on top of him and the other gives what 6/7 baton hits. It's way over the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Bs the anti immigrant fascists were humiliated in the recent local elections despite claiming the spoke for the real Ireland

Advertisement