Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭downtheroad

I'd say they will eat by putting food into their mouths, chewing it then swallowing it. I think it's the same process around the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭Cody montana

A riot caused by right wing thugs.

The last election changed nothing.
    Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,522 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Let's be honest here, the rioters wouldn't know a government TD or its policy from the slice of cheese. They are idiots who want a bit of excitement for the night.

They would jump on any bandwagon if it meant they were able to throw a few shapes at some Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,578 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Exactly. And sooner better people quit this garbage about peaceful protests. They’re set up protests to cause trouble and chaos and disorder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What about using water cannon teargas on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

The government lost seats in the last election.

And it was a local election where people are far more likely not to protest vote. Considering they lost seats in the locals the GE won't be pretty for the current lot in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭reclose

Would you reply like that in person or just from behind the keyboard.

Can you give a serious reply instead of deflecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Even though rubber bullets can kill,lots of horrific injuries/deaths in NI during the trouble from rubber/ plastic bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

the green minister in charge of social destruction i.e. o Gorman and o Brian of the NGO’s are intent on doing as much damage as possible before their elimination at the general election.have only caught up on what’s been going on today and it seems the guards are going to batter the locals into submission.

People can bitch on here all they want but it looks like the country is going to vote back in ff and fg .reap what ye sow

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jisakix

Nobody dares answer the obvious.

There is no number in mind, there is no time frame.

If those in favour of this growing disaster could have the slightest bit of integrity and ask themselves that very question, it might go a long way. Might.

Take a small village with 200 extra men added. Sprinkle in the housing crisis and its enforced immobility, a dash of cultural clash, a pinch of lopsided sex ratios, and finish with an unemployment cherry on top. How's it going to work out down the road? "Nobody knows".

You see, back in reality, the numbers are glaring. The amount of homes being built is already leagues behind what's needed to approach stability. And then the projections are that migrants will only increase? Good grief, its titanic like.

Nobody will answer your question. Which is answering your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

There is no plan. TDs are keeping the NGO onside so when they lose their seat they will inevitably end up in a cushy 100k+ salary job

You don’t know their political leanings or if they even have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Soc_Alt

The truth is that I support 0 tolerance agai illegal immigration and also 0 tolerance against scumbags and law breakers.

How's that for the truth.

What you said is utter nonsense which you actually know yourself yet you now feel the need to defend your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭downtheroad

I'd be very much in favour of Ireland implementing an immigration policy similar to that of Australia. A points based system encouraging inward migration of skilled individuals to work in the country and contribute to our economy and society.

I have no time for scumbags, who are born and bred in Ireland, causing carnage and hassle like in November or today. How many of those scumbags have their accommodation provided to them for free or at little cost, by the state? And that's on top of their weekly welfare payment for sitting around doing SFA.

FFG will lose ground in the next GE. They lost seats locally which they're far more likely to get votes from people who wouldn't vote for them in a GE. They needed the greens for a coalition last time around. I'm not sure they'll be able to form a government especially if a left wing alliance is formed. The greens would have no problem jumping ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,578 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don’t disagree with anything you say there.

SF are now admitting they should have listened regarding immigration. I still wouldn't trust them but at least if they got in it would force FFG back to their right wing roots to regain power. We see it in France. Macron losing support a few years ago forced him to crack down on Islamism in France to try keep some votes.

I don’t think there is a viable alternative at the moment.
    There is definitely votes up for grabs if a party came out and said they were putting significant brakes on immigration with strict entry criteria and enforcement.

Oh so you can recall the exact same type of riots from before mass immigration? Increasingly violent protests from donegal to Cork?

No. There is very genuine sentiment behind this.

There are some people who refuse to acknowledge the difference between action and reaction.

if I punch you in the face, that's the action. You punch me back, that's reaction.

Government allows historically unprecedented mass migration to the obvious detriment of infrastructure with no let up, that's action. People beginning to lose the plot, that's reaction.

There is nothing complicated at play here. Pay attention, this is going to grow in scale. Its going to grow in scale due to willful ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Get Real

If that's the worst that comes of a situation this evening, then once again it's a credit to our police force imo. How often do you see Spanish police, french etc batoning people or firing rubber bullets fairly indiscriminately, without even arresting anyone.

Imo, the guards used force to effect an arrest here. So there's an allegation of some sort for which he was arrested (and is presumed innocent of, of course)

I agree with you, we don't know what the man did beforehand, where he was coming from, or what weapons he might have had on him, or could have. If it takes a few slaps to get him to comply, I'm for it.

I think the fact we don't see it very often in this country means, when we do see it, it's quite shocking.

So if Hermann Kelly isn't going to be putting up videos of lads throwing petrol bombs at Garda cars, but can find the time to put up Gardai arresting someone, good luck to him.

I'm the first to acknowledge btw that that is more than we'd usually see. But without knowing what the man did, what they perceived he may have had on him, or whether or not he told them to f off and took a few moments to get his hands behind his back after what he did, I won't criticise the guards in that video.

Also, I've seen countless clips of Gardai facilitating peaceful protest, and women and children standing about.

I think situations like this, is when police should police. And there's an awful balance to be had there. This has been going on for 12 hours or more at this stage. In other countries there'd have been a baton charge on anyone standing in the way after an hour or two -I've seen bars at 9pm cleared by Spanish police and women on the head cracked, marching through the place indiscriminately, never mind talking about a riot with state assets burned. (I don't support that police approach either btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Rustyman101

Exactly it's a simple question that one would imagine would but the first thing that would spring to mind.

This flow can't be turned off like a tap, I'm unsure if it can be managed at all tbh.

Again why are we get buried in this quagmire, why do we need to house the world when we can't house or cater for the existing population in hospitals and schools.

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,089 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why would you put one of these centres in coolock, an absolute powder keg as is.

Have to agree it's easy to say these people just want trouble but if that was the case why only riot now?

There's usually a reason behind the outrage. Putting in 500 refugees until coolock is the reason.

In November it was 3 kids attacked. Year's ago it was the Queen parading up O'Connell street while still in control of our north.

The excuses thrown around are lame and are used as a deflection tactic away from the actual issue. A bit like how 75% of the country was far right for the last year.

Are you actually advocating reprisals against wrongdoers?Do you know irish history ?do you not realise that the policy of reprisals by the British during the WOI was the biggest recruiting tool to the independence movement,do you want to make martyrs of the rioters,think before you post nonsense here.

We don't need to is the answer. Study Denmark. They are the blueprint and they have all the answers. Those people have a heart of gold but they soon realised good intentions don't always reflect reality. Irish people just want this stopped before the issues that dogged other EU countries dog us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

You keep going on about disadvantaged areas

The Malahide Road is not disadvantaged . There are some pockets off it , Darndale, Clonshaugh and parts of Coolock that are .

These areas are selected because, guess what, they have the space to build . Many other areas are so built up you couldn't build a garden shed .

But you wouldn't know because you are not from there , or probably not even from Ireland . Just importing generalised crxx from wherever .

It's a derogatory term for ethnic Irish travellers.

If you scratch beneath the veneer of supposed human rights, you'll find money at the heart of it.

There's a reason the government aren't importing crates of cornflakes and stacking them to the sky. There's no money in it, for them or those affiliated.

Only today i saw that the government hired "forensic accountants" to look into misappropriation of refugee money. Only years late, of course.

Add in the effect on property scarcity, it's a multi billion euro transfer of public to private hands.

Anytime you see anyone doing something apparently "mad", it's almost always because they have an angle.

Importing never ending amounts of people (which is indeed neverending until somebody has the fortitude to put a number on it) into a yearly worsening housing crisis is mad. Or, I should say, "mad".

Thats my guess, and ill bet you wont hear a better suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Soc_Alt

are you actually making an association between the scumbags who are purposely out looking to provoke violence again gardai to the War of Independence?

I've heard it all now.

Advertisement