Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 glockna

You want to see that tho, when your watching Trump you are looking for something to hate, there's never going to be a point where you condemn the actions of the media or those that spread hate.

You are a grand example of what I'm talking about a full time hate spewer and narrative spinner, you are completely incapable of condemning the left or the media.

And you know your not being fair either, you never target the outrageous things the left have said or done, you maximize anything negative about Trump while minimising anything negative about the left.

You are part of the problem but I am more the capable of having a balanced view so your hyperbolic attempts to compare Hitler to Trump doesn't work on me, but unfortunately there are many out there who would lap that up.

No your comparison is disingenuous in nature and when it's called out like I call it out factually it shows just how stupid it is.

Maybe I won't but I put your nonsense comparison to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,414 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And both men have now had assassination attempts carried out on them.

Can't see even a radically de-aged Tom Cruise ever being cast as young Crooks though…

He wasn't he was a democrat he donated to there party.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Oh yeah cause Trump killed millions in his first term in office. Give me a break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SpoonyMcSpoon

There seems to be far more Republican presidents that have been assassination targets in the history of the US. The Democratic playbook is to accuse the opposition of doing the very thing they have been doing. For instance, the attempts to reject Trump’s victory in 2016 when he defeated Hilary preceded the hysteria around Trump rejecting the outcome of the 2020 election - accusing him of doing the things they themselves had been doing!

Comparing Trump to Hitler has been nothing short of comical and hyperbolic, with many media publications and celebrities being guilty of it. This is what has stoked the deranged and violent rhetoric in the US. Trying to blame Republicans is another example of Democrats deflecting from the very thing they have been doing! To not see this is to bury your head in the sand!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,251 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No. That certainly will not work. 😄

Although if Tom prays hard enough to Xenu, you never know.

The deflection is strong when they get checkmated on there nonsense 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The full time hate spewer is Trump with his Nazi esque dehumanising language about immigrants poisoning blood.

The notion that it is Democrats and mainstream media stirring up political violence and inventing that Trump is dangerous doesnt stand up to any scrutiny after the events of January 6th.

And to re-iterate, the evidence points to the shooter being a registered Republican, a conservative and a gun nut. He used a weapon Biden wishes to ban and is thwarted in that by the gun lobby.

No evidence he was influenced by a Democratic or media narrative legitimately calling out Trump's conduct.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Clutching at straws to suggest this lad was a full on Republican. Maybe you get some kind of card that if stopped by police he could have shown he was a member of the Republican party to get past security at the Trump event also wasn't it confirmed his car had explosives in it as well?

• Advertisement

You are spewing hate and putting a narrative to that, that wasn't there, you injected meaning into what was said to suit your hate spewing agenda.

You are the problem, and the fact that people like you are enabled to repeatedly muddy the waters.

Some people take those narratives literally. When infact it's lies. You are not telling the truth you made up that narrative yourself are parroting some like minded individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,587 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Hitler himself killed only relatively small numbers of people during his first six and a half years in power (and quite a few people even assumed he was a great leader and statesman during this period).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,414 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Best lead I can think of for this version of Valkyrie is the spotty teen from the Simpsons. 'Dietary aide in a nursing home' is exactly the kind of job he'd pop up in for a cameo…

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭randomuser02125

Quick question as there's something zealot like here. Do you acknowledge that Trump is a proven rapist?

He was a registered Republican, a gun nut and in interview with local newspaper classmate recalls him as being distinctly conservative not liberal in discussions.

Seems about as full on Republican as a 20yo in Pennsylvania is going to be.

What do you have to say about this? The New York Times, Washington Post, New Republic etc all complicit in stirring up violent, hate-filled rhetoric against Trump, now have blood on their hands.

The Democrats have been stirring violence and hatred for years and it is delusion to think otherwise, though they do run excellent propaganda campaigns to deflect from their sh1tstirring.

https://x.com/Bubblebathgirl/status/1812658395628908824

Maybe the same classmates who bullied him saying that. Also you can have guns and be a democrat. Plenty of recent leftist young people shooting up schools and were they democrats and voted for Biden probably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭techdiver

Perhaps the direct comparison with a Hitler is a little excessive I admit, but the comparison with fascism is not. Fascism didn't take hold in Germany or Italy over night. It happens on incremental steps.

The GOP now embrace fascist ideology. They want to control people (ironically seeing as they claim to be the party of small government). They have said the quiet part our loud. Silence and take revenge on political opponents, spread misinformation in order to stir up their base. They copy the Joseph Goerbols playbook. Truth doesn't matter. Whatever energises their base is all that matters and to hell with the consequence. If you persist with this ideology you are at best negligent or at worst complicit. At this point it's complicit as they now have seen what it causes (like Jan 6th) and don't care and in most cases they have doubled down.

Trump has been open in his praise for so called "hard men" dictators and aspires to have the control they have. This is not in the imagination of the "lunatic left", he has said so quite clearly himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You conveniently left out the part where one man exterminated a race, invaded sovereign nations.

It's absolute nonsense this comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

@glockna do you believe the shooter was a leftie? Where did you get that idea from? Has there been any evidence of this? I mean there's a $15 dollar donation 3 years ago, but as far as I have seen that hasn't been confirmed to be the shooter.

What I have seen is:

He was a registered Republican (unusual for a leftie)

Had a large interest in guns (unusual for a leftie)

Was called "pretty conservative" by his school mates (Incredibly unusual for a leftie, they're usually well known for being very vocal about causes, especially teenage lefties)

Where are you getting the idea that he was a leftie?

• Advertisement

They dont have blood on their hands. Zero evidence any of that influenced the shooter.

Trump is a fascist demagogue with blood on his hands who tried to steal an election and should be called out as one.

Come back to us after you have have engaged with the evidence of Trump stirring violence on January 6th, stirring hate against immigrants and laughing about the violence inflicted on the Pelosi family.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,251 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Again, the comparison is about the RISE TO POWER of each man. Not what they ENDED UP DOING.

Are people really this unable to read?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,594 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

For instance, the attempts to reject Trump’s victory in 2016 when he defeated Hilary preceded the hysteria around Trump rejecting the outcome of the 2020 election - accusing him of doing the things they themselves had been doing!

There's several threads on which to focus on this topic, but I'll jump in for a second. What attempts?

As for comparing Trump to Hitler? Hitler became leader of the Nazi party in 1921, he became Chancellor 12 years later. WW2 started 6 years after that. You're comparing Trump to Today with Hitler in his WW2 'era'. You need to look at his rhetoric and how he strategized in his early years. Time isn't on Trumps side (thankfully) but targeting the media, calling for force, blaming minority groups etc all tricks that have been played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

You're calling your beloved orange rapist man-child 'a moron'.

Did Hitler in his?

Trump is a fascist demagogue only too happy to threaten and incite violence to achieve his political goals. Does Trump have blood on his hands for January 6th?

Only too happy to see violence inflicted on his political enemies such as the Pelosis. Does Trump have blood on his hands for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭randomuser02125

Lol did Hitler have two terms I must have missed that in the history books anyway nothing to do with this thread as this is about one lunatic trying to take out President Trump the absolute rubbish secret service and local police in not making the site safe and for two minutes from when people spotted the shooter on the roof did not get on their phone or radio to get Trump off the stage.

• Advertisement

This is so vague that I have nothing to even argue with. I genuinely am flabbergasted at the education of people that compare Trump to Hitler. It is utterly absurd and bemusing, with your non-post shining no light on how such a comparison is even remotely accurate.

Hilary Clinton is on record as stating the 2016 election was not conducted legitimately…

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-maintains-2016-election-160716779.html

Advertisement