Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Rustyman101

The really worrying thing is I think this is the plan or at least what they think/hope is what's going to happen.

It's funny if it wasn't so scary what's coming down the road.

Then again look at the childrens hospital to get an idea of the master strategic planners we have.

pi** ups and breweries spring to mind.

Unfortunately there's no reverse on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jisakix

Just drop the "you're a foreign instigator" thing, would you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,578 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So move off and get away from an area where Gardaí doing their job are. Very tense and volatile situations where Gardaí are absolutely entitled to use force, without needing to “interview first” potential dangers. If you are amongst scumbags causing trouble, then sorry, you are (to the gardai) a potential threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

TBH GG Jisakix has as much right to post here as you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭billyhead

The government are responsible for this mess. They are letting in asylum seekers who aren't vetted. Some of these people are the Roma community who steal and beg and are a scourge on society. Once there in the system it will be very hard to get rid of them. Its like a weed. You need to get rid of it early when the roots haven't been allowed to settle. We need to tighten our border control and anyone who is undocumented or isn't genuine is send back to where they came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Who is doing the objecting though? It would be one thing if the entire community was objecting to these centres : but a relatively small number of local thugs, criminals and malcontents claiming to speak on behalf of the community is a different story,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You've got a right to protest and some were there peacefully. Gardai didn't seem to have any care who they were pepper spraying

Well then you shouldn't support violence inducing actions. Either in opinion or politically.

Tell me about a country that could suffer beneath the weight of its worst housing crisis ever, and more besides, while enduring neverending inward migration. Tell me about that country and where those factors would inevitably end.

We all have to live here, the only difference is how far along the queue we are in terms of feeling its impact.

Doesn't matter if you're a multimillionaire, we have to share the same streets, shops, schools, healthcare, crime. To various extents, but basically the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

@ kabayuyu

Don't be so gullible .

At least you and I are talking about our own lives and homes

Not making scxxter up .

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Hodger

I watched this video of Gavin Pepper as he asks why is it always the working class areas this happens and not the posh areas.

I have my own analysis view to that very question.

Another way to phrase his question is who gains who benefits when there is clear division in working class areas like we see today?

In my honest analysis both FF and FG stand to gain from such division; lets remember in the very last general election their vote decreased and the SF vote increased and the for the very first time they were forced to come together in a power sharing arrangement.

As a long term electoral strategy what better way to cause division in working class areas and to split the working class vote then to purposely place International protection center's in mostly working class areas where there is underinvestment and loads of people on housing waiting lists. And that long term electoral strategy kinda worked in the recent local and eu election as the SF vote was down and the FF and FG vote was stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Unless the government stop giving free apartments and free money to immigrants and p1ssing all over Paddy this will get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Completely irrelevant your response relative to the matter at hand.

Are the criminal underclass part of the "underclass"who are also sometimes called the disadvantaged?

Do you think all types are at the protest or just the "underclass"

Our current government piss on us though and don't give a crap about what any of us think. If there's no actual engagement and it's just here take these people and **** off, what do you expect people to do. Continue to bend over and hand over the lube and be like thank you. This country has been remarkably civil for so long considering the disdain the government show for the people here.

I haven't seen any polls showing public opinion is for this amount of "asylum seekers" either. Most say we're taking too much.

Like I said: You put yourself amongst thugs causing ttouble then you are to blame if Gardaí (protecting society) come across you and use force. Unless you’re advocating that the gardai need to stop, conduct interviews with each person and then decide whether or not to use necessary force?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yeah, we should just let the mobs roam the country causing damage and injuring people.
    Guards should do nothing, ffs.

Tbf if you're pepper spraying young kids (granted their parents are dumb as **** for bringing them there) or elderly, you've gone too far imo. They pose zero threat to a guard (and if they do that guard shouldn't be in a job)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Ozvaldo

The irish government is full of landlords and business owners who profit from flooding the country with immigrants .

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Miharo

I agree with you on 0 tolerance but do you not think the two things are connected? if we had implemented the first then we wouldn't need to worry about the second one as it takes care of itself..(at least in relation to the recent anti asylum protests like in Coolock and other arson attacks).

Years of soft touch processes and high acceptance rates in relation to asylum seekers, who lets be honest here, are mostly fraudulent, has a lot to do with how we got were we are today. It's not an excuse for violent behaviour but the government definitely has to take some responsibility here. And as always it's the more deprived areas that get the raw deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭prunudo

I really wish people would wake up and realise how the gardai behave in situations like today. They aren't the perfect police force battering the scumbags.

I don't care what political persuasion people are, but they should not be celebrating how some of the gardai behaved today. Some will be delighted, but one particular arrest of a citizen journalist is not right. Again, no matter what side of the fence you sit on, boundaries are being pushed and if the hate speech gets in, it will be even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I wouldn't deny for a moment that there are a considerable number of people have been left behind in disadvantaged communities i.e. those who drop out of school early, find it difficult to get work etc and you could certainly blame the Irish state for the situation they find themselves in. Clearly, many people attending these protests are not violent and if they simply show up or walk on a protest or whatever, they are not breaking any law and do have a democratic right to peacefully protest.

There wouldn't be much sympathy though for those physically attacking the guards or starting fires.

So all Gardaí have to absolutely know who is and isn’t a threat in split seconds? And what’s elderly? This is not Carlsberg doing civil disorder

Hey, listen, your area may be historically disadvantaged, or so small nobody gives a feck in the first place. Yes, yes, that leads to higher rates of crime and less educational attainment overall, less employment opportunities, have less resources, have less facility, less able to afford to move due to housing scarcity and price, all that. Yes, yes.

So anyway, shut up, how about we move hundreds of asylum seekers into your paint factory?

You don't like the idea?! Well, I think we'll just force them in anyway. Toodle oo for now.

shiiitestorm ensues

Well I Never! The absolute audacity! Scumbags, dole merchants! Layabouts! Never amount to anything! The gardai should break them apart, outlaw them, arrest them, get rid of them!

following month

So anyway, we were thinking you might have changed your mind, so there'll be 400 arriving next month. Ta ta for now.

I remember reading someone's opinion before on class, can't remember who it was. But they said they always had an affinity for both the upper class (no, not you with your extra apartment) and the lower class. That they were honest.

There is a certain section of the middle class that are just simply deplorable wannabe's. The two faced nature and aspersions are sickening. Trying to out impress each other in a race to mediocrity, who can turn in a second to a vile nature that exposes their insecurity. You wouldn't trust them. If they were told to quack like ducks theyd be waddling around in the morning looking for bread.

Well, to anyone who feels found out, congratulations on nothing.

Again, twitter post from a biased account but this 62 year old woman on crutches says she was pepper sprayed . I don't see any reason for that to happen barring her having a gun somewhere on her.

https://x.com/Mick_O_Keeffe/status/1812914176588918927/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1812914176588918927&currentTweetUser=Mick_O_Keeffe&mode=profile

Or this guy and his eyes show he's obviously pepper sprayed

https://x.com/Mick_O_Keeffe/status/1812903394140426331

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

There's also the fact that if there's a crack down on these people and deportations start for messers it will encourage the rest to keep their head down and contribute.

Were you happy enough to allow unprecedented mass migration into the country allowing all the predictable effects of infrastructural scarcity, allowing randomers from across the world just rock up and in, for the guts of a decade?

Because I'll tell you, sure as sin, if that hadn't been allowed happen, then we wouldn't be here now discussing the beginnings of violence centred around migration up and down the country.

Now, that's a true "ffs".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

….

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Advertisement

Any good police officer should be able to do risk assessment and then apply the most appropriate response.

TThe Problem we have is the the POU is trained for riot situations and to go in all weapons blazing,the are ill trained for a situation like Coolock where you had a mix of rioters,old,young and curious bystanders,they all were treated the same way by the POU as per instructions from Mcentee.

Elderly would be over 60 imo and they would not be a threat at a protest but I would also include very young and most ladies.

Advertisement