Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Any people being violent are scumbags and they do their supposed cause more harm than good by causing trouble, they should protest peacefully or through the ballot box.

Coolock is one of the most deprived areas of Ireland.In fairness it is perfectly valid to question why are refugees being sent to a deprived area when they could easily be accommodated in more well to do areas which would be a better place to start your life in a new country than adding to the stresses on an already deprived area.

The people who claim to be caring seem to want unlimited immigration appear to want to turn Ireland into a western European version of Qatar where the native population are outnumbered by immigrant labourers who help prop up the natives standard of living it's just their self righteousness blinds them to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I know MSM would have you think differently but SF in the last local election gained seats and the sitting government lost seats. And that's despite SF making blunders regarding the number of councillors they put forward and some of the reshuffling.

FFG are in a lull after the last election but they control the narrative and want people to think positively about them heading into the GE where they're guaranteed to lose popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The violence is the fault of these agitators and yobs.

No one else.

We’ve always had immigration in this country.

The people has a chance for change recently. They didn’t.
    If it was such a pressing issue, the election should have had a different outcome.
    It didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

The irony of one of the most vocal pro refugee/asylum seeker calling out someone else for possibly 'not being from here' 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

You really should stop watching cartoons on tik tok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Me gullible,not a chance,but that poster has a right to post here unless you think only irish people should discuss immigration?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭prunudo

TThe Problem we have is the the POU is trained for riot situations and to go in all weapons blazing,the are ill trained for a situation like Coolock where you had a mix of rioters,old,young and curious bystanders,they all were treated the same way by the POU as per instructions from Mcentee.

They got it wrong in Newtown and they got it wrong again today. Given how trigger happy they are with pepper spary I'm glad we don't have an armed police force.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

They are playing right into the government's hands. Idiots.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

How are local elections a chance for change on national led policies?

That election hasn't happened yet. We've never had immigration like what we currently do and given a referendum on the matter we would promptly take the Danish route. It's dispicable what the government are doing and very disingenuous of you to use the word immigration when in reality the issue is refugees and international protection applicants.

Something many immigrants also take issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,111 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

• Advertisement

Geez billy,you're wasted here,you need to contribute to the gardening forum as well.

Is there something wrong with having a holiday? Some of the post's I'm reading today the mind boggles.

You seemed to have missed the first part of my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Local and Eu elections.

Why would you vote for one party in these elections and another party in the upcoming elections?
    What do you think local elections are for?

We are in the eu, that’s not going to change.

People in Ireland overwhelmingly support this.

Are you going condemn the violence btw.
    Instead of making excuses for it.

How come he has no hair in his video tonight,did customs seize his hair plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jisakix

Sounds like someone doesn't want their sweet desserts, to be honest.

Unprecedented, emphasis on unprecedented, population increase from abroad. And we're somehow supposed to take the word "unprecedented", clombangulate the idea in our brains, and come out with "oh yeah, totally normal".

There are prices to be paid for doing anything to an unprecedented degree.

The fact that the governing parties are essentially policy clones of each other is absolutely no indictment of Irish people.

Take my word for it, coolock and similar places are easily forgotten. When it spreads past there, youll see actual political action when the money/consequence balance tips away from them.

Imagine being a 10 year old and trying to explain how massive migration is a boon, year after year, into a worse housing crisis year after year. Literal record breaking stuff on both ends, and all the other worse off infrastructure too.

Billions of exchequer money flowing through private hands.

Now imagine a 50 year old man trying to pass that off as a good idea for the nation.

Now imagine a horde of 50 year old men trying to pass that off as a good idea for the nation.

Its all about as dishonest as youll ever get.

Nobody wants to put a number on anything, nor a timeframe, nor even the skimpiest beginnings of a cohesive plan. Its pigs gulping down at a trough like there's no tomorrow.

Consequences are often distasteful. But if the first people in the firing line are called scumbag a few hundred more times, it'll be right as rain. That'll fix it, no doubt.

And now quoting known activist And expects people to believe it ?

You can probably guess the real irony at play here..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I mean I acknowledge that person is very biased but the videos are the videos. Unless you're saying to not believe the woman or the man with his clearly red and raw eyes (think you can see where he got pepper sprayed in another video)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I'm abroad at the minute working and only catching up now.

**** me this class of entitled welfare gougers out again early on a Monday (funny that) causing havoc and a riot.

The state needs to seriously clamp down in this space. Too many entitled generational scrotes around that have not got a working bone in their body.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,604 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The Irish are generally pretty docile and passive when it comes to authority, yet this type of incident seems to be happening over, and over again.

You'd think the logical answer from this government would be to at least re-evaluate all the asylum that they are trying to promote. Instead we have local communities getting the riot police sent in to settle the issue. There doesn't seem to be any engagement with people, everyone is just expected to like it, or else be branded a foaming at the mouth racist.

One things for sure, the people of coolock have had their cough softened.

Let there be no doubt that the widespread online condemnation of the entire area will let them see the errors of their ways.

I remember a professor telling me that the way to win people over is to subject them to that which you won't yourself tolerate, and he was very precise about the numbers in hateful slurring too. 452 dole merchants, 9645 scumbag, and 12,000 knacker is the key.

Theyre a strange lot, one slur more or one less, it can antagonise them. Extreme caution is needed.

If the instructions are followed correctly by those, let's say, virtuously aspirant, the next time you attempt to put hundreds of unwanted refugees into a paint factory beside them, they'll roll over and even do tricks.

Its a bit like abradadabra for the strategically malnourished.

The cheek of you travelling abroad while the planet burns,the entitlement of some of these jet setters is staggering.

I make sure I work locally and then we have the likes you travelling abroad adding to global emissions.

I won't vote for FFG in the upcoming elections. I think it's better for this country if a left alliance gives the forever government a break for at least one term.

Now why would I vote for a FFG guy in my locals? Because they're by far the best people for the job where I live and influence local issues not national ones like our refugee policy.

I voted FF, FG, Green, Sinn Fein and Independent for the locals. All got elected. I will under no circumstances vote FF, FG or Green in the general election and I'm sure many will be the same.

Local ≠ General.

Tomorrow's headline in the Sun.

PEPPER PEPPERED.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭dublin49

the riots suit the Government agenda,"see the far right are the only ones worried about mass immigration",there is a much bigger cohort that arent yet on the streets but are increasingly concerned by this escalating immigration conundrum.I imagine the game is to hold the current line until after re - election when they may fess up and admit mistakes were made,Covid,Ukraine, eyes off the ball ,we are where we are and plans are afoot.

Ironic that you who have been vocal about the government talking down to you are happy to have some from other countries spamming the thread .

Now that's hilarious .

Does it need explaining? He's perfectly entitled as an activist to go wherever he wants. The bigger question is, where are the local councillors for that area. I think one of them went on national TV instead 😂

Anyway seeing as you made the comment, what's wrong with a holiday? In fact I'm on one right now, they're great you should try it 😎

• Advertisement

Which bots from other countries? Have you an evidence for this claim you keep making.

Advertisement