Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 glockna

Well now in all fairness if there ever was fuel for a conspiracy a Blackrock ad is it. And it is a fair coincidence... When there's big money on the line , gonna be interesting to see how this pans out...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,691 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

seems apropos…

I see Biden tried reaching out to the widow of the man who died, but she's not heard a word from Trump…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

As mentioned multiple times by multiple people on this thread, Trump is accurately compared to Hitler. Particularly Hitler in the 1930's.

Anybody who has read or studied 20th Century history can easily spot the similar traits between AH and DT both in political strategy and personality.

Absolutely everyone has flaws, but you seem to think that it's unfair and inaccurate that the MSM seem to align themselves with the Democrats. What you seem to ignore is that most of the civilised world, including all of Europe, apart from Orban, would align themselves with the Democrats. Children in primary school are aware of the trope that Republicans are bad, Democrats are good. It's about aligning with the greater good.

Also, you really want a list of reasons why the majority of the planet aligns with "not Trump"? Im sure anyone on this thread can list them. There are thousands of reasons. Christ, just Google it. Surely you know the basic difference between right and wrong?

Any physiologist or psychiatrist you ask will tell you exactly why Trump the narcissus can easily compare to Hitler. Listen to Hitler's speeches early in his political career. Listen to how he turns the population against certain sets of the population. Listen to how he blames those sets for everyone's issues. Listen to how he explains that " don't worry, though. I'll sort it out for you. I'll help. I am the saviour of this great Reich. I will make Germany great again"

Now Listen to Trumps' rhetoric. Listen to him blame the MSM, immigrants etc., for example, for everyone's problem. Watch how the folks from the demographic I listed earlier in the thread watch with mouths open, in awe, at their saviour.

If you can't understand any of the above read a bloody history book.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭drury..

Ive never heard of trump being compared to Hitler

Is he invading somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Trying reading a bloody history book yourself but this time not selectively. If your metaphor is to work then you have to admit that America under Biden and indeed Obama is/was the Weimar Republic which it is. The moral relativism here is astonishing. The fact that there are posters here who think this was staged show more than anything that the two sides of the political divide are equally insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

He might attract another republican with a gun? In relation to Musk, once again he gets criticized for his behavior. Clearly you guys really do not like a public figures behavior being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,253 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the Tump is hitler meme might be ok rondos on line but when its being led by their media and Dem machine its adds to the toxicity of their politics

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Im sure there is a lot of hyperbole , doesnt mean its serious analysis with predictive value that one would objectively consider a threat

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

thats just a jumble of out of out of context stuff. put some meat on it, what will affect the price of humus in Donnybook Fare?or should I be looking at property in New Zealand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Is trump a narcissist? Probably. Is he annoying and talks shite? Yes. Is he a Hitler? Doubtful. I mean the man is in his 70s, but he managed to suppress his genocidal and dictatorial ambitions for all that time? Pretty sure Hitler had set his plan in motion at a much younger age than that. Plus, he's already been the president and the sky didn't fall. People need to calm down ffs. Newsflash, Americans don't have a problem with immigrants, I am one. They have a problem with millions of people coming into the country unvetted and unchecked, which is what has been happening. It's nothing like Hitler. Unless you're talking about the rampaging mobs targeting synagogues and Jewish neighborhoods and businesses of late? That is a bit reminiscent of 1930s Germany alright, but it's nothing to do with trump

He definitely didn't invade anywhere last time

Not a country anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hitler was still Hitler before Germany invaded Poland. He didn't just rock up 31st August 1939 and say "Lads, here me out, I have a great idea, just go with me on this…"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is the 'right rising' in the room with you now ? Or where is it ? with the unemployed simpletons in coolock yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

heres CBS reports on crooks being noticed by security before he got on the roof

https://x.com/olivialarinaldi/status/1813021945958449180

they were suspicious of him for 26 minutes before

its a dumb analogy, not serious or even logical analysis if you trying in someway to think it relates to Trump.

No, I'm saying Trump's poisonous and inflammatory rhetoric is comparable in many ways to that of Hitler in the early to mid 1930's.

• Advertisement

Seems a tenuous enough link to Hitler

The use of inflammatory language

seems like this guy was literal rightwing never trumper

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-poisoning-blood-remarks-never-knew-hitler-said-rcna130958

"Trump's assertion that he didn't know Hitler used similar phrasing in his manifesto, "Mein Kampf," came after the former president made the comments last weekend, drawing comparisons to the genocidal Nazi dictator — and then repeated the term several more times.

In an interview Friday, conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump if he used "poisoning the blood" in the same way Hitler meant it — that Jewish blood cannot be part of German blood.

"No, and I never knew that Hitler said it, either, by the way," Trump said. "And I never read 'Mein Kampf.' They said I read 'Mein Kampf.' These are people that are disinformation, horrible people that we’re dealing with. I never read 'Mein Kampf,'" the former president added.

Asked whether he intended the term to have a racist sentiment, Trump said, "Dear, no."

"First of all, I know nothing about Hitler. I’m not a student of Hitler. I never read his works," Trump added. "They say that he said something about blood. He didn’t say it the way I said it, either, by the way, it’s a very different kind of a statement."

Trump then continued to use the term during the interview with Hewitt, saying it means a certain group of people is ruining the country — echoing how Hitler used the term when speaking about Jews.

"They are poisoning the blood of our country," Trump said about immigrants. "And I’m not talking about a specific group, and I never read 'Mein Kampf,' and I have no idea what Hitler said other than I’ve seen on the news. And that’s a very entirely different thing than what I’m saying. They’re pouring, they’re destroying our country. They’re coming in from every continent, and we have no idea, we have no idea who they are, what they represent. Are they from jails? Are they from prisons? And I will tell you, a big percentage of the people coming in are from prisons and from mental institutions and are terrorists. And we cannot let that … and that is poisoning our country.""

And the worrying part is, if he didn't know Hitler said those things and that he just so happened to end up saying the same things himself, at no point has he reflected on the fact that he's thinking along the same lines as Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,054 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

seems like this guy was literal rightwing never trumper

Like JD Vance.

The main takeaway seemed to be the security failing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,594 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I don't think anyone is expecting Trump to start WW3 or set up extermination camps. But he would almost certainly be a very divisive President : such leaders thrive on division and setting people against each other. You only have to look at where his support comes from…Boris Johnson, Farage, Liz Truss, Orban, Elon Musk, Rupert Murdoch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Trumps actions are and will be a threat, full stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It goes much further than that… "poisoning the blood of our nation" is on a whole other level to anything recent UK Conservatives have come out with. One can be in favour of restricting immigration without resorting to such inflammatory Nazi-esque language.

And the attempted stealing of elections… and the inciting of mobs to political violence to achieve his goals if thwarted… Clear parallels with the failed Beer Hall Putsch and January 6th.

Here is Trump calling his political opponents vermin. Again, not just opposing them politically, but using de-humanising inflammatory language.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/11/12/trump-rally-vermin-political-opponents/

As Biden says… “Look, how do you talk about the threat to democracy, which is real, when a president says things like he says?” Biden said. “Do you just not say anything because it may incite somebody?”

And to re-iterate, all the evidence is pointing to the shooter being a conservative 'never Trumper' as opposed to someone taking their cue from Democratic \ left wing media talking points. The motivation is therefore either coming from the right or coming from apolitical \ personal reasons.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement