Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kia EV6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭John arse

Facelift is on the way, that's why they're discounting the current model - looks apart the current model will be the older model next year and probably worth less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

At that money for a KIA, I’d be tempted to get a used GT instead. Serious performance and a bit of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. (2023 GT with small miles in N.I for £45K)

That's exactly what I did. 1 year old GT Line for €45k.

It's in perfect condition. Range is great. As someone said above, the features are outstanding. And it is so quick.

Mine actually doesn't have the sunroof but that wasn't a selling point for me anyway. I guess you could look for a good second hand GT Line with sunroof. The vented seats are actually great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Do you mean the 585bhp version? I can’t imagine getting a year one old of them for much under €60k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭joey100

Went in to have a look at one of these earlier in the week, Figures from dealer were different than ones advertised on Kia website, finance info different too. Waiting for him to get back to me to see what the story is. Lovely car to drive and lot bigger than I thought. Seems to come with great spec as standard too. No silver in stock and he didn't seem to have any coming in either would be the only downside for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Qsaab

Bought a gt line in March and so far very happy with it. The gt line had added extras and the darker interior was great as there was going to be 3 kids crawling all over it. Saw a few 22 gt line in black/white on DDeal with about 40k km at 39 to 42k euro. Private sales but what are people’s thoughts re dealer warranty at extra cost while remainder of kia 7 yr warranty still on it ? Think I prefer the lights on current model but all the new Kia’s seem to be going with similar style. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Yes, £45K + relevant VRT charges etc. should be in that ballpark. Dealers down here looking for crazy money for them and they’re not selling as a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Some sort of really nice EV6 could be on the cards to replace my etron, which I like, but don't love.

I did look at a base model ev6 2022 to replace our 22 cupra but was a 10k cost to change so dropped the idea.

I'll look into what kind of ev6 I could get for the etron with little money to change. Any guesses? It's a 2022 etron 55 sport with 18k Kms on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

On the motorway today, doing 120 with HDA, distance at 4 and I was in eco mode. The car in front stopped suddenly. HDA slowed me down but the front collision warning came on and the hazards. I pressed the brakes too, fairly hard actually, as it didn't feel like I was slowing down enough.

Would the car definitely have stopped in time without my input?

Also, if I was slowing down quite suddenly with the HDA, would the brake lights have been on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Can't say about the car stopping on time but the brake lights would most definitely come on.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭zg3409

The brake lights will come on a hazards if needed. The way these systems work is that you may still crash but the impact will be less. They don't jam on the anchors in case someone is behind you and in case it's a false alarm such as a car entering from a slip road or already starting to change lane.

The idea is it primes the brakes, warns you, applies breaks slightly, but then it's up to you to break harder or steer as needed. When you have abs steering while braking hard can be a good option but dangerous if oncoming traffic or cars in lane next to you.

Here is my video from 5 years ago (ioniq 28kWh). More or less identical system to this day. You can read the limitations in the manual.

Turn up sound

It's good to know. My case was similar to yours. I was further away from the car in front. I did get a fright though that the car wasn't able to stop on it's own. At least I know next time to brake a bit earlier myself.

I don't understand why it wouldn't stop fully in case the car behind hits you. Surely it should presume the car behind has enough stopping distance.

Do you know if a Tesla would stop fully?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

ICCU issue with mine, AC charging hasn't weekend in about a week, DC charging was still working and thankfully I could still use the car.

I dropped it into the garage earlier today and they rang just before close to say it needed a new ICCU, should be replaced my Monday at the latest, which isn't too bad if that happens.

The annoying thing is that I got a recall for the ICCU just before I got the car serviced, the garage inspected it and said everything was fine and didn't need replacing, that was less than two months ago.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had the same with the ICCU on my Ioniq 5 on the 11th June. Got it back today and all seems good with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Exiled Rebel

Is the iccu a recurring problem or once replaced all is good forever more?

• Advertisement

For the Hyundai I'm pretty sure the new part being installed has a new part number to the one it's replacing. Other than that I don't know.

Sorry no - I'm talking about GT Line S. Not the 585bhp GT. Agree with you that it is very unlikely you'll find that for under €60k. Also, as much I'd love to go from 0-100k in 3.5 seconds I much prefer the extra range and the seats in the GT Line S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

I’ve bought my wife a 2023 GT Line S for €45k, great spec on it and looking forward to getting it.

• Advertisement

I'm up North and trying to charge my car for the first time on a fast charger and it simply won't initialise on a fast charger. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

It will work ok in a slow charger straight away.

Post edited by Raoul on

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eltoastero

I had some issues with BP Pulse in the past, it's was BP Pulse at fault (not the car) - the ESB charger nearby worked.
    More likely it's charger specific, not your car. It's even less likely that you're having an issue using a Irish debit card if the AC charger worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭CarPark2

I was test-driving an EV6 (Earth SE) lately. It really is a lovely car to drive. I have 2 questions:

1. It is advertised as having front fog lights. I was able to turn on the rear fog lights (and see the symbol on the screen), but couldn't find any way of turning on the front fog lights. Also, i am coming from a 2013 car, and at that time, all front fogs were located low down at the front, but there is only one front light unit (on each side) of the EV6. Are there front fogs, and how do you turn them on?
    2. I noticed that when i indicate and turn, quite frequently, the indicator is not automatically cancelled by straightening up the steering wheel. I know that this can depend on the degree of the turn, but it is noticeably different from my current car. Has anybody else noticed this? Is there a trick to getting it to auto-cancel?

Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure it's only rear fog light. Haven't noticed any issues with the indicator cancel. Has worked fine for me. If anything I find it cancels too well sometimes, before I want it to.

So is there a thing with front fogs in EVs? The Ioniq doesn't have it either.

My previous 2013 car had it, so it seems strange that it is no longer available?

Do the LED lights adapt to fog?

I've only ever had cars with rear ones only so can't say really. I would say it's more likely a car doesn't have them than does.

The Earth SE that is on sale now, seems to be a slightly higher spec than the Earth from 2022/2023. Is there anywhere that shows the detailed spec from the Earth in 2022/2023?

Makes sense on a runout model to help shift them, facelift car on the way.

Yes.

Any idea where to find the specification list from the MY22 version?

There you go, back in the day when the GT Line was under €55k

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd imagine the LED headlights function just as well in the fog as they do in normal weather. Something to note from Kia.com re: power used at the bottom.

LINK

Thanks. Good to note re: power consumption.

I had assumed that the adaptive LEDs can function like fog lights, but it is strange that the new spec sheet specifically lists front and rear fogs.

Anyway, it is certainly not a deal-breaker.

This is probably a really stupid question, but for the KIA telematics, how does it send and receive data? Is there a 3G/4G service involved? Who pays the subscription for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭v10

The fog lights are not separate lights, the led lights can project the light low for use in fog. It's common in a lot of new cars fitted with modern led lights to have this instead of independant fog lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭cromelex

There's a SIM card in it, I believe Kia include 7 years of Kia Connect with new cars, which basically means the subscription is included for this 7 years.

Thanks. Does it do this automatically, or is there a button to turn on this feature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Oh loves the ev6 earth,seriously tempted by 0 finance and 7 year warranty,it would be first brand new car in 20 years,it would suit our driving profile which is 90% urban and about 300km weekly,I have zappi and solar installed . 49k is big wedge of money but it's doable

Any advice/pointers from current owners or ev fans?

Changing from audi Q2 petrol,need a bit more space.also looked at 2 yr old etron 55.

Tesla is out for me,oh not a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 pb2

I do wonder is the price drop on the older model to save having to do it to the new model. Easier to explain the price drop on the old model and leave the price down then for the new model than having to drop the price after launching the new model.

We love our EV6. Have it 18 months and cannot fault it really. Only the maps are a bit poor, other than that it's a super car.

Following up on this. It was a temperature sensor on the charging port that failed. Have to wait a few weeks for the part to come in. They also updated the software as my car was one of the ones that had an iccu recall even though I wasn't informed until I called about the charging issue.

Not going to lie, it's a bit of a damp squib telling people that are on the fence about EVs that there is something wrong with the charger port and it didn't charge properly when we were away on holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭v10

It's a great car that does every very well. It's comfortable, it's roomy without feeling like a bus, it charges like a beast, it drives well and so the controls are much easier to use than other cars I've driven (I'm talking about physical buttons on the steering wheel, actual wiper controls, even the touch sensitive climate/radio bar is easier to use than an on screen menu). This might seem small, but to me it's worth so much - being able to turn off lane keep assistant with one press of a button on the steering wheel (Rather than several presses into a menu) - if you want to do this on every drive then maybe this is a valid point to know.

As others have posted, the maps & charge planning in car is poor. Android Auto / Carplay fixes part of that but trying to figure out a charging solution while driving isn't great to be honest (but it's probably not a lot worse than any other brand really).

If I'd to replace mine now I don't know what I'd pick to replace it, nothing out there would suit my needs any better ….. expect I might try to get the AWD version.

An e-Tron GT or a Taycan would be a nice upgrade ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Maybe have a look at a Polestar 2. Around the same price as the EV6 but the maps and route planning, charge scheduling and infotainment are way better. Nothing like sitting on your sofa, setting your route on google maps on your phone and just sending it to the car. Then in the car it tells you your estimated SoC on arrival and return (hellishly accurate) and if you need a charge, finds chargers en route and tells you how long you need to stop for.

Both would be a savage upgrade, unfortunately neither would fit the 3rd kid (maybe that's a positive)

I've talked a couple of people into a P2, both love the car (and I agree, does a lot of things right). But unfortunately I could get my 3 child seats into it. One for the future maybe (or if we ever get a second car).

Would a third child seat fit in a VW Buzz? Some 2024 seem to be available for mid 40s now.

I expect so (the Buzz wasn't available when I bought but haven't researched it since). I've seen a few about, very cool, hopefully they release the two-tone here soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement