Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Can anyone shed some light on the people who got shot, where were they in the venue? I'm assuming they must have been behind Trump…

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the people who were casually walking around the Capitol building taking pictures and chatting with the security staff…people who probably had no idea they were about to be accused of trying to overthrow the Government of the USA….without weapons….

What do people think, the US Government came close to losing control of the US to a guy wearing face make up and feathers around his head?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

the shots came from trumps right as he stood on the stage. He turned to look to the right and the bullet struck his ear. People hit were to his left.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I think Trump inspired an insurrection to delay Biden's certification as POTUS. Trump's 'plan' to cheat his way was based around the fake electors scheme.

Stooges like Ron Johnson would've raised the issue when his state was to be counted on Jan 6, and if Pence had gone along, the election thrown into the House where each state's delegation would vote; so, swing states with majority GOP representation, would've given the election to Trump. This is why John Eastman's been disbarred as the 'architect' of this.

Pence, to his eternal credit, was having none of this fake electors crap

If Pence had not brought the reps back on Jan 6 after the riot to conclude the voting, who knows what might have happened. If Pence had been disabled/killed/whatever, who knows. Uncharted territory but none of it good.

As for 'the people who were casually walking around….' Really? Casually walking around the Capitol with its walls smeared with sh1t, police everywhere and broken windows and ransacked offices? Butthurt that they trespassed and were caught at it? Even without firearms, they had plenty of weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

What is this? A gallows for ants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

Intersting discussion by 2 us military snipers about the whole thing they go through it all

https://www.youtube.com/live/LjdUXilFtCo?si=HKLiu5ntxA9ABtLF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,897 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Any chance of a summary? Video is 90 minutes long.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

How would they have killed Pence? With a stapler robbed off a desk? Would they have planned that do you think? And the footage from inside the building does not reflect the footage from outside the building….lads were taking pictures whilst walking between the ropes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

How would they have killed Pence?

Flag Pole, baton,etc?

You can be beaten to death by a mob without weapons.

If you look at that pic from a 45 degree angle and squint your left eye, she kinda looks like she is giving a Nazi sign!! Maybe the lads are right!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,665 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's not a great plan though is it…a mob beating a Vice President to death in what would normally be one of the most secure building in the Country. And what would happen then, if they did manage to out muscle the security staff and murder Pence, would the US Army surrender at that point?

You want a baying dribbling violent mob to have a coherent plan?

Why would the US Army have to surrender?

Trump was Commander and Chief at the time.

The plan was for Trump to steal the election and then he could pardon anyone.

He is on record talking about pardoning those convicted of violent offences on January 6th.

Great signals Trump was sending out about his approval of political violence.

Maybe you should ask Trump what his plan was when he incited the mob on January 6th?

So, all the mob would have to do is beat Mike Pence to death and bingo…insurrection over, Trump in for another 4 years…it's not exactly adding up is it!!

For the record, I would have thought Trump would have been finished for his naivety alone that day, I thought he pushed it too far….I also think had he won that November we would have seen a whole different level of violence during that period. The US went into election that night with over 20 city centres boarded up.

But to think what we saw was an insurrection is ridiculous, especially given what we have seen since, Ray Epps, the footage from inside the building that for some reason nobody wants us to see…the obfuscation of the FBI. The lack of security on the day…the public statements of one of the people in charge on the day (can't think of his name).

But to think what we saw was an insurrection is ridiculous

I think what is ridiculous is pretending the violent mob were just well to do tourists having a lovely day out.

Are you legally obliged to take the contrary angle on every single topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Christy42

It was not an insurrection, it was an attempted insurrection. As for how it would work if the crowd got their hands on Pence, well stupidity is not considered a defense afaik.

It was interesting following the Donald forum in the lead up and after. It was a lot of encouraging violence for the day saying Donald would be president one of the 3 boxes (ballot, judges or ammo). Of course once it happened and they realised it was bad it had to be blamed on ANTIFA actors (now that is no longer possible so you have to diminish it). Granted the IQ on that site was never high, even as I got bored of it in the following weeks many were still convinced Donald Trump had only let Biden think he had won as part of a master plan that would always involve dropping democrats out of helicopters. Seriously they were obsessed with helicopters.

It was apparent from a mile off that a crowd going to it were ready for violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

That was totally out of order.

Haven't they enough on their plates already without being accused of being behind a criminal lying rapist?

It was not an insurrection

No. It was a literal insurrection.

noun

1. a violent uprising against an authority or government.

The fact they didn't get their hands on Pence or Pelosi is moot.

I think there was a lot of violence outside the building that much is clear, and those people should rightly be punished.

But inside the building, it was clear that there people just strolling around who did look more like tourists than insurrectionists…I don't know how you can say otherwise, that footage was buried until last year…we still haven't been shown the rest of footage for some odd reason.

In my defense, I don't think the violent baying mob who tried to burn down the Whitehouse whilst Trump was inside during the summer of 2020 were insurrectionists or assassins, they were just a violent mob.

Are you legally obliged to gobble up whatever your news feed shoves your way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Do many tourists sh*t in offices while on a peaceful tour in your world?

You accept there was violence incited ny Trump on January 6th.

Trump is on record as saying he would consider pardoning those involved if re-elected.

What sort of message does that send about Trumps approval of political violence?

You have already ignored the question once.

You can ignore the question again but it is completely discrediting of your posts and you know it. You have no credible or coherent defence.

This is the political environment Trump has created. Use political violence in his support and he will pardon you.

Are you "legally obliged" (your phrase) to go to bat defending Trump even as the violence he incited led to bloodshed?

Do insurrectionists? Why are you asking me….we all saw the footage…people walking casually about, taking pics, chatting with security officers, staying between the ropes…don't act like you didn't see that!

I saw security running. I saw people smashing doors and windows. I saw Senators running in fear in corridors. I saw senators and staff crouched down behind desks.

Is this normal run of the mill behaviour for tours there? How do they get any work done at all?

I'm asking you as you are denying that it was an insurrection. You should let some of the men imprisoned for insurrection know that you have proof it wasn't an insurrection. Maybe they could have done with you as their attorney?

What are you on about?

I think Trump pushed it too far, there had been absolutely massive protests over those number of weeks all peaceful, there was nearly a million people in Washington that day, the vast majority of whom did not go near the Capitol.

I think Trump behaved disgracefully and naively that should have finished him off…but Kamala Harris went much further that summer and her career flourished afterward…it's a shame US politics has descended to where it is….The US saw a lot of political violence that year let us not forget.

I am just a poster on this forum, like everyone else, I am not obliged to anything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭nachouser

Some people should definitely take a walk away from this thread:-)

Did you see the footage that was released only last year? Where security officers were opening doors for the "insurrectionists"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Advertisement

You were asked a straight question about Trump pardoning those convicted of offences on January 6th - and what message that sends out about encouraging political violence.

And you deflect with drivel and whataboutery.

You were the one who used the phrase 'legally obliged' to another poster and when cited back at you, you disingenuously play dumb.

Says it all. Proof positive you have no coherent position here.

Harsh words... Trump pushed it 'too far'. By the standard of your posts we can declare the shooter 'pushed it to far'.

Maybe if the shooter had survived, Biden should have pardoned him. As you say there has been a lot of political violence. If its ok for Trump to pardon the offenders of January 6th, which you seem to be arguing it is in your posts.

Of course if you dont think it is ok for Trump to pardon them, you could just say so? So why dont you?

Advertisement