Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo is out the gap at the election.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭Allinall

Old news.

One he resigned as Taoiseach he was never going to run again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭StevenToast

And whats your opinion OP?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 15,588 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Good riddance to one of the most sneaky, divisive and destructive leaders we ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,958 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Well he did say he probably wouldn't still be in politics by the time he was 50.

Getting out 5 years early fair enough.

Good luck to him for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Good luck to him. I doubt he'll be missed. Him and Coveney announcing they're moving on in the space of a week is two high ranking FG moving on from politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Oxo Moran

I thought that was a forgone conclusion after quitting the top job.

He was so successful in every ministry he held, he'll be an asset to whichever EU lobby group buys him 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Probably eyeing a run for President my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 33,577 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Get off the fence, tell us what you really think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Like any bandit he has taken his money and run , a populist media whore who cared more about the opinions in rte and social media than representing the people

when the government tell the people what to do and think rather than the other way around democracy is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Shan Doras

There are very few examples of former Taoiseachs sticking around the Dail for long after stepping down from the top job,(I think Albert Reynolds has the record of 8 years) It's a different story in the UK, where you had Edward Heath remaining in the commons for decades, and Winston Churchill more or less carried out in a box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,577 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wouldn't blame him.

Politics is entering a dangerous time. There's a lot of know it alls out there blaming you for everything, and many are willing to stand outside your family home and tell you so.

You're in a lose-lose situation. The public are getting harder to please, and disinformation on social media is rife.

He'll get a cushy pension, can go back to being a Dr if he wants. I'm sure he'll not be stuck for work. He's only 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,538 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

When people say this about Leo, I genuinely don’t think they have a clue about our previous leaders at all. Charlie, Bertie and Brian would appreciate your views, no doubt.

Advertisement