Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-buses - anomalies re pick-up and drop-off stops

• 16-07-2024 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I understand and appreciate the general idea behind pick-up and drop-off only stops on express routes in Dublin to prevent it from being clogged up with short-hop journeys and to reduce delays. But surely there's a case to be made that if an X bus gets you from A to B, then it should also get you from B to A?

I recently became aware that the Celbridge express routes (X27 and X28) will bring you from Celbridge to Liffey Valley, but they will not pick up at LV so they're not an option for the return journey. This strikes me as bizarre, given LV is a major stop (buses going outside the Dublin region, for example, all pick up here, and it's a significant interchange stop) andespecially in the context of inadequate capacity on the C-spine (particularly bad on the C4 to Celbridge). Also given Celbridge is still a significant distance to go from LV with Lucan traffic causing delays. Meanwhile, the X routes are regularly half empty outbound at LV.

This makes no sense to me. Where is the best place to raise this so it can be reconsidered?

Comments

Advertisement