Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options
1321322323324325327»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I can't help but wonder at the type of person who considers using the sink for such purposes.

Does the position of the sink (height / depth) give any clues as to the perpetrator? I'd imagine you'd be able to eliminate (sorry) those patrons with one leg, for example, or those who are a little low in the inseam.

What possible joy can it bring, to do such a thing? And yet, they walk among us.

Best of luck with the investigations; at the very least the perp should lose their membership

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Grouptherapy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Any update here, Brendan? Was the culprit caught? Most unfortunate state of affairs for a club. Seems you have a real issue there with one or more fiends leaving last night's dinner in sinks, golf shoes, bags, cups, in bushes, the President's trophy etc. The new handicap system must not be treating them well.

Don't mean to be casting broad strokes here, but sounds like the sort of thing that might go on in parklands "up past the airport". Sort of club that attracts lots of taxi drivers and golf societies from pubs in Kimmage and Baldoyle. Unlikely to get the same sort of behaviour in the clubs on Bull Island and in Portmarnock. Definitely not The Island either. Could be Corballis now that I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭easygoing39

My guess is Balbriggan,carpark full of taxi's and transit van's whenever I'm passing!!The sort who do a "big shop" in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Society shams I would opine.

Not a scrap of etiquette between the lot of them in my experience. Tracksuit bottoms with a half litre of Lucozade in each pocket.

Bag of Slazenger sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

All club members cleared it seems.

Apparently there was a Society out the previous day and the suspicion, and it’s only that,has fallen on them.

Ground staff reported a huge volume of Dutch Gold and Argus 8.0 in the bins .

One lad got 27.60 from Reeturn when the debris was monetised.

Case is now closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Golf sure brings out the worst and best in people. Some society golfer probably with a limp from sitting sideways on a bar stool, probably couldn't squat and instead of drop from a height like a dambuster decided to go in the sink, filthy kernt didn't even wash his hands by the sounds of things… I imagine this bogus was probably decked out in Dunlop and Slazenger attire, probably a black slazenger gilet and black tartan check dunlop three quarter lengths all sponsored by Sports Direct, probably using Wilson Ultra yellow golf balls, and a set of Fazer golf clubs… Next time this society darkens the doorstep of your esteemed golf club set traps in the toilets akin to a scene from home alone! You'll soon narrow it down, this wasn't the persons first rodeo if he's sh1ting in the sink Brendan, and only a slap of a tin of paint or a steam iron into the frontal lobe will quieten him!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

would they be the 48/28 lads ive read about here…?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Advertisement