Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upper cusack seats row s and t and u

Options
  • 16-07-2024 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

For hurling what are these views like. I've never been in upper tier are they any good or too far back, rows s, t and u. I know they are towards the back of the tier. ive only been in lower. They Will be for young teenagers too will they know what's going on or will they be too far back from the field to see. Is there any small monitors up there like in some parts of the lower tier or are you relying on what you can see on the field and the big screen.

Post edited by hockster on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

IT's a bit far back to be ideal but you will still know what's going on, for the All Ireland final you take what you can get, but generally in the upper tier the further forward the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭MacDanger

There are literally no bad seats in Croker IMO, obviously you're higher up there but you'll still have a very good view

• Registered Users Posts: 34,163 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Been upper many a time in all 3 areas and view is terrific in each. Small ball or big ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭threeball

If you're there for the atmosphere, lower tier is better, if you like to take in the game, watch the positional changes etc. then upper tier is by far the best seats. Even at the higher end of the alphabet the seats offer a great view. The back 3 rows can be baltic on a windy day as there is a gap at roof level but that's a few rows behind the seats you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

This was Row Z Section 706 (Upp Cusack) last Sunday. Camera appears zoomed out so view in reality looked closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I've never had an issue with visibility in the upper tear, great view point anytime I'm in it…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya there are definitely bad seats in Croke Park.The saying 'there are no bad seats' is not applicable to Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The view from the back of the top tier is terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hockster

Can you see the players as such, read their numbers?. ( some people telling me they will look tiny. I know obviously they are smaller the farther away the field they are from you the worse they are. As in I'm in a corner tier I expect the far end goal not to be able to make out much of what's goin on there. But the corner near us what they would be like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭C4000

You can easily see the players and what is happening in the game. The atmosphere is different id say, you definitely feel more at a remove and not as involved......maybe that's down to only having sat there for neutral matches......I'd say there are a lot more neutral/casual fans get tickets there. I was at the Donegal Galway game the other day, very little noise from the people in the upper hogan where I was, lot of people going in and out during the match. Probably different again for an all ireland final though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Great seats. Especially for the hurling imo. Gives you a view like you'd be watching on telly and no problems making out player numbers etc. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Great snap this. Personally I prefer being at the very front of the upper tier (row A) for hurling if I'm in the upper Cusack.

Your picture also highlights the worst spot in the stadium. On the terrace behind those big plastic harriers. Literally nobody wants to stand there as you can see. I really think it's time they remove them or at least lowered. You have to look through the plastic with reflections and in some area's the net behind the goal aswell. And right behind the goal you'd also need to look through the net of the goal itself! What a **** show.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭cr-07

Does anyone know how the seating numbers work? Rows are obviously front to back, with A being the very front.

How about seat number 1 vs seat number 30? So for example, if you are in zone 702, and are in seat number 1, are you closer to zone 701 or 703.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Starting at section 301 the seats start at 01 by the hill 16 wall. The steps split the section in half - I think it's roughly seat 15 and 16 are either side of the steps. In your example, seat 30 of section 702 would be beside seat 1 of section 703 - I'm nearly sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭cr-07

Thanks for that. Reason I'm asking is that I have tickets for the Coldplay gig and was wondering how good/bad my seats are. Seats are in 702, row F, seat 09 & 10. I'd imagine the closer we are to the halfway line the better :)

Going by the logic you mentioned, we would be sitting closer to section 701, rather than 703. Much of a muchness though, I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Yea, so in the cusack anyway, the numbers 1 to 15 of each section are on your right as you are walking down the steps so you'd be slightly closer to 701 than 703.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Haha, was just about to post a picture from Row X, section 706 before I saw this. Can actually see myself in your picture!

Here it is anyway:

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

For a gig fantastic seats especially once darkness set in. You will have a brilliant view of the stage plus the crowd. Although sound quality may not be the best.

Advertisement